MakeUp Tips Group*Celeb Pics pg 11*

coz

Mummy to 2 boys
Reaction score
Hiya, I thought i would make a group for makeup tips, i am a makeup artist for Urban Decay House of Fraser and would love to hear any makeup tips to give me and all of you some great ideas

Heres a few of mine.....

For Celebrity Makeup Looks go to page 11

*Allways prepare the skin well first, Exfoliate, Cleanse, Tone, Moisurise!

*Use concealer on any areas that you need more coverage like under eyes, spots, blemishes

*Foundation is applyed well with a foundation brush, sponges seem to soak some of the foundation up and they are not so easy to clean

*Use a powder on top for a more flawless look, test foundations on the jaw line and make sure it blends in well with your skin tone

*Blusher can applyed to your cheek bones to give you a bit of colour or shimmer and highlights the area

*A good primer potion is great to use before eyeshadow if you find your shadow wears off or creases

*If you want to give the appearence of wider eyes use a small amount of white or silver eyeshadow in the inner corner of your eyes to open them more and you can also use a white pencil in the rim to widen eyes more

*If you allready have big/wide eyes dont bring the lighter colour into the corner and use a darker pencil in the rim

*Use a highlighter on the brow bone aswell

*Blend 2 or 3 shadow colours together starting lightest in the corners and use brushes to blend well

*If you go heavy on the eyes go natural on the lips and if you go natural on the eyes go stronger on the lips else you will end up looking like a drag queen haha

Trick-If you use a eyeshadow primer mix a small amount with some shadow on a liner brush and you can use it as a liner instead of a shadow

Trick- Use tape on the outer edge of your eye so the shadow is a precise line

Id love to here any of your tips or tricks or pictures :bunny:

heres me at work

Attachments

• DSC00555.jpg
    DSC00555.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC00899.jpg
    DSC00899.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 79
  • me best one.jpg
    me best one.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 39
How awesome that you're an Urban Decay makeup artist! I LOVE makeup so much. Makeup fanatic here!!

Thanks for the tips. Im rubbish with make up, keep telling myself I need to go and buy some decent stuff, just not sure what basics I need for everyday (work kinda stuff) or what everything is used for.

I wore Nars at my wedding and it was great x

Thanks for the tips. Im rubbish with make up, keep telling myself I need to go and buy some decent stuff, just not sure what basics I need for everyday (work kinda stuff) or what everything is used for.

I wore Nars at my wedding and it was great x

I would say a foundation, blusher, mascara, lip stick or gloss for work at least but i guess it varies on different peoples occupations xxx

I kind of thought along those lines, but Im scared of blusher coz Im dead pale :rofl: x

I kind of thought along those lines, but Im scared of blusher coz Im dead pale :rofl: x

haha im a bit pale aswell as long as you get a light one you will be fine xx

I don't use a blusher.

For my every day makeup I use a mousse foundation applied with a brush, translucent powder, and I contour with a powder 2 shades darker than my skin, put on eyeshadow with a liner brush as eyeliner and put mascara on. No crazy pinks or anything :) Just looks like natural shadows

I don't use a blusher.

For my every day makeup I use a mousse foundation applied with a brush, translucent powder, and I contour with a powder 2 shades darker than my skin, put on eyeshadow with a liner brush as eyeliner and put mascara on. No crazy pinks or anything :) Just looks like natural shadows

yeah that sounds like a nice daytime look , alot of people dont like blusher even a bit of bronzer just on cheeks is nice too x

:hi: suppose i had better come in here too since im a bit of a makeup whore :rofl: :rofl:

any tips for us girls ? xx

I dont really have any tips :blush: horrible at putting on makeup but, would like to comment, in the UK you guys call it blusher? We just call it blush :flower:

I dont really have any tips :blush: horrible at putting on makeup but, would like to comment, in the UK you guys call it blusher? We just call it blush :flower:

lol yh that is true we call it blusher :winkwink: xx

Does anyone have any coastal scents palettes? I keep hearing everyone on youtube talking about coastal scents!

Scorpia - that is so funny I was just about to post a recommendation for them! I have this one

https://www.coastalscents.com/cfweb...7_122/ultra-shimmer-88-eye-shadow-palette.cfm

It is absolutely amazing! I tend to make the most of eyes rather than my lips as I personally think my eyes are my best feature. I lose trying out different things on my eyes and I like using a variety of colours so this was perfect for me to experiment with. I usually tend to use MAC pigments or Barry M Dazzle dusts on my eyes but MAC pigments are expensive if you want to buy lots of colours. Now I can practice with the shadows in the palette and when I find one I really like I just get a MAC equivalent as I don't mind shelling out on one I'm going to use a lot.

I love watching make up tutorials on You Tube - Pancea 81 does some great ones but you can just search under make up tutorial or eyehsdow tutorial to find great ideas and looks to try yourself.

One of my favourite things to do at the moment is to put a base eyeshadow on, one of my staple favourites is green and then for a night time look use a glitter eyeliner and just sweep it a few times over the eyelid to give a hint of sparkle to the eye so when you blink it catches the light.

Make up is definitely one of my passions :)

Scorpia - that is so funny I was just about to post a recommendation for them! I have this one

https://www.coastalscents.com/cfweb...7_122/ultra-shimmer-88-eye-shadow-palette.cfm

It is absolutely amazing! I tend to make the most of eyes rather than my lips as I personally think my eyes are my best feature. I lose trying out different things on my eyes and I like using a variety of colours so this was perfect for me to experiment with. I usually tend to use MAC pigments or Barry M Dazzle dusts on my eyes but MAC pigments are expensive if you want to buy lots of colours. Now I can practice with the shadows in the palette and when I find one I really like I just get a MAC equivalent as I don't mind shelling out on one I'm going to use a lot.

I love watching make up tutorials on You Tube - Pancea 81 does some great ones but you can just search under make up tutorial or eyehsdow tutorial to find great ideas and looks to try yourself.

One of my favourite things to do at the moment is to put a base eyeshadow on, one of my staple favourites is green and then for a night time look use a glitter eyeliner and just sweep it a few times over the eyelid to give a hint of sparkle to the eye so when you blink it catches the light.

Make up is definitely one of my passions :)

Who do you watch on youtube? Lauren Luke is sooo good (pancea81). I also like Michelle Phan and Kandee Johnson, however I find her slightly annoying. Allthatglitters21 is also someone who I used to watch but she now drives me off of my head.

Does anyone use False eyelashes, are they worth it, or should I just invest in a good mascara, my lashes are a good length but would like really long ones...

Also, how do you make small eyes appear bigger, mine sometimes end up looking smaller when applying eyeliner and eyeshadow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->