Making my own wipes; have I got this about right?

T-Bex

Mother of one
Reaction score
I'm going to give making my own a bash, and just wanted to check that this is the right idea?

I'm planning on cutting up an old towel, and stitching fleece onto the otherside. Is this the sort of thing you get when you buy them? Also, getting a little spray bottle, and making a mix of chamomile tea with a few drops of tea tree oil and lavender?

Just want to check that this is pretty much what you buy, before I accidently do something nasty to Bethan's bum by doing something wrong... :blush:

that's what I did. for a double layered wipe you need thin fabrics though, else the wipe ends up a bit too thick for easy use - unless you leave one end open to put your hand in.

Oh that's abroad idea about leaving one bit open! Should patent that lol

Sounds about right Hun x

I use a sports bottle to put water/wipe solution on the wipes

I used old flannel pajamas and cut them up. I also used the cheapy little wash cloths you can get at a dollar store or walmart and sewed some of the flannel on the back of them. I also left some open for a "glove" type thing for my hubby ;).

My wipe solution:
coconut oil
water
a little california baby butt wash

I put it in a spray bottle and spray the wipes :)

Towel fabric does fray a bit so you'll need to stitch the edges well - we ended up with the frayed fabric all through a wash load with a failed attempt! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->