making your own puree, fruit and veg?

ricschick

Proud mummy of 6!
Reaction score
can someone just tell me what they do when pureeing veg and fruit (individual veg and fruit) im not quiet sure what to do?:dohh:

I boil the veggie, and then stick it in the blender, add some water and hit the puree button! Then I let it cool down, stick it in mini freezer bags and in the freezer they go!

I boil the veggie, and then stick it in the blender, add some water and hit the puree button! Then I let it cool down, stick it in mini freezer bags and in the freezer they go!

do you think a hand blender would do the job?

Steamed veg is best if you have a steamer it retains more nutrients,,if you feel your hand blender hasn't pureed enough, you can push through a sieve to make a smoother consistency....especially with potatoes, check out the annabel karmel site all tips and recipes on there, I found it was my weaning bible for the 1st few weeks :)...good luck :hugs:

I steam my veggies in the rice cooker and puree in my blender. For fruits so far all I've used are cans (packed in fruit juice). Those don't have to be cooked, I just add to the blender along with a bit of the juice. I freeze them in ice cube trays and once frozen I put them in freezer bags with the content and date written on the outside

i just boil them in a little water that covers them, then blend them down, water and all. i have a few blenders (4 infact :dohh: there's a whole bad blender story there :lol:) and yes a hand blender works just fine :)

i then freeze them either in freezer pots from mothercare or annabel karmel ice cube trays :)

But be warned- do carrots and your blender will be forever orange!

do you do the same with fruit boil and steam it?

do you do the same with fruit boil and steam it?

I think it depends on the fruits. Some are soft enough for babies to eat as is (Hannah eats avocados, bananas, blueberries, blackberries, mangoes etc. with no problems, they are really soft, so we just cut them into smaller pieces and put a few on her tray for her to practice feeding herself and than hand feed her some--she loves it!). Harder fruits I believe you do steam/boil them and puree and freeze

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->