• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Male Factor Roll Call

Hello,

Just got DH's first SA results today. Volume- 1.1, motility-45%, and morphology-16%. The doctor also said there where white blood cells present. He will go to a urologist soon for a follow up.

In the meantime, what vitimins should he be taking? At the moment he's just taking a multivitimin (on the days he remembers).

Thanks!

Ooh, I found a vitamin that had some great results in a study for motility- I'll find the post link for you, cos it was a difficult name to remember. His morph looks good though, but if he could up those motile ones, that'd be great I reckon!

xxxxx Laura

here it is!!

https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/348728-something-came-across-our-men-take.html

hello!
my husband has had 2 out of 3 abnormal SA and was found to have
varicoceles. does anyone know anything about if the surgery for this works
to improve the SA?

hello!
to improve the SA?

Have they talked about surgery to sort out the varicoceles hun? or are they going to do a surgical sperm retrieval??

Hi there, may I join please:flower: My DH had his first SA.

Consistency - abnormal, Vitality 33%, Motility 22%, Morphology 1%:blush:

I have PCOS and irregular long cycles (ov CD30-40):dohh:
Will be taking norethisterone & clomid soon.

My fertility doctor seemed optimistic. I don't understand:shrug:

hello!
to improve the SA?

Have they talked about surgery to sort out the varicoceles hun? or are they going to do a surgical sperm retrieval??

Thanks for your response...I am not sure what is going on - we have appointments soon to let us know what we are up against - I'm just trying to prepare myself so I know what to ask....I just don't know if the surgery is worth it - I have read conflicting results - some say it works other sites say no - I guess I'll just have to wait to see what the Dr. recommends....hmmmmmm

I am new to this site - where are you in your journey if you don't mind me asking?

have a great day! :)

hello!
to improve the SA?

Thanks for your response...I am not sure what is going on - we have appointments soon to let us know what we are up against - I'm just trying to prepare myself so I know what to ask....I just don't know if the surgery is worth it - I have read conflicting results - some say it works other sites say no - I guess I'll just have to wait to see what the Dr. recommends....hmmmmmm

I am new to this site - where are you in your journey if you don't mind me asking?

have a great day! :)

We have been together for 3 and a half years, married nearly 2 years, and TTC nearly 2 years. I've felt for 18 months that something was wrong and time isn't on our side as I'm 36 and hubby is 44. After finally persuading hubby to come with me to seek help (thinking the problem was probably with me), we were referred to FS in Dec, had our first appt in Jan. Had basic bloods and scans, hubby had 1st SA done which we were told was normal, but that procedure was to do a second SA for comparison.

Went for 2nd appt (having been told that all tests so far were normal and expecting to be referred for HSG, Lap etc) but were told that actually they'd sent us the wrong letter and hubby's SA were far from normal! He was diagnosed with azoospermia (i.e. NO sperm whatsoever in his SA)

He has had examination which hasn't revealed anything, nothing in his history to give us a clue to the problem and has had some bloods done, which are all fairly normal so he is having SSR (surgical sperm removal) op in October sometime where they basically try to find sperm by doing a biopsy, hoping that there is a small blockage which is stopping the sperm from getting through, but hoping that he is actually making sperm. If they can't find any, or they find his sperm are just not reaching maturity then there's nothing they can do for us, other than offer us the option of using donor sperm. If they find it then I have to have ICSI treatment - we would get one free go.

I would ask your FS about the option of SSR and wat their opinions are on it in your case. I don't know about the op for a varicoceles I'm afraid hun, but I do know that they said to us, even if they found a blockage, they wouldn't try to remove it as it's not got a very high success rate; they would just go ahead with the SSR.

Sorry that turned into an essay!! :dohh:
Deb xx

Hello everyone, I'll add you to the list next week, just a quick one tonight.

Oh but enough time to congratulate mrsckbrown!!! - Well done, have a h&h 8 months, nothing like success stories like yours!:happydance:

I do know that they said to us, even if they found a blockage, they wouldn't try to remove it as it's not got a very high success rate; they would just go ahead with the SSR.

Deb xx

Yes bballbaby, afraid that is the case for most corrective penile surgery except for maybe the vasectomy reversal, the success rates are negligible. Google Cornell NY and Dr. Shenkell -sp!- as he is the leading world expert in male infertility and see what tests they have performed.

Hello everyone, I'll add you to the list next week, just a quick one tonight.

Oh but enough time to congratulate mrsckbrown!!! - Well done, have a h&h 8 months, nothing like success stories like yours!:happydance:

I do know that they said to us, even if they found a blockage, they wouldn't try to remove it as it's not got a very high success rate; they would just go ahead with the SSR.

Deb xx

Yes bballbaby, afraid that is the case for most corrective penile surgery except for maybe the vasectomy reversal, the success rates are negligible. Google Cornell NY and Dr. Shenkell -sp!- as he is the leading world expert in male infertility and see what tests they have performed.

MissAma: Thanks - I will definitely check that out - but yes i have been mostly finding conflicting results....

Well some good news after the second SA - just over 2 months of no booze, no caffine, cold showers on his bits (eek!) and the Wellman Conception supplement as well as eating well and exercising and his overall motility (motile + sluggish) has upped from 19.8% to 39. Still no sign of a baby but this has to be good news and a sign that all these lifestyle changes are making a difference!

What do you mean cold showers on his bits? Does he do that for few seconds everyday?

What do you mean cold showers on his bits? Does he do that for few seconds everyday?

Sorry, I wasn't very clear - too excited after a much dreaded appointment! I read somewhere online that although there is no scientific evidence to support it, it's bad for a boys balls to get too hot and as OH is permenantly on a laptop (no longer on his lap I have to say!), some girls had their OH's run a quick cold shower everytime they were having one so we decided to give it a shot. He's been having a quick five seconds or so of cold shower on his bits for the last 2 months - I'm hyper aware of asking him to do ridiculous things in the name of making a baby but this was one thing he didn't mind. I'm sure some might think it's barmy but it's only one thing in a list of lifestyle changes we've tried - something has to work I guess!

Hope that helps, sorry for not being clearer the first time :)

Men will generally do anything when it comes to protecting the reputation of their manliness. I won't let our cat sit on DH's lap anymore. He (DH) doesn't always seem to remember, but as soon as I say "keeping her off is good for your boys", the cat is quickly relegated to a cushion - though I think the cat is figuring it out, as she has been sitting with me more and more over the past few weeks!

We've recently had a temperature control device attached to our hot water system, and I've turned that down at least 5 degress; it used to be ridiculously hot, and you could only control with cold water, now it's much better - I may turn it down even more when DH is in the shower - but it is winter and booming freezing in the mornings just now!

Will have to tell DH, hope he agrees (his motility is 22%, morphology 1%):haha:

any tips on increasing DH's sperm motility?

Caffine can help - but it can also be a hindrance!

Male-fertility multi-vitamins containing zinc and selenium - and time, as it takes up to 90 days for sperm to grow and mature.

Caffine can help - but it can also be a hindrance!

Male-fertility multi-vitamins containing zinc and selenium - and time, as it takes up to 90 days for sperm to grow and mature.

u mean if he starts taking them lets say this month .. its effects will start showing in 90 days?

u mean if he starts taking them lets say this month .. its effects will start showing in 90 days?

I'm afraid so - nothing is quick on the TTC journey! He could see benefits sooner, but it will take at least 75 days for any real benefits to be seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->