Mama Bears TTC a rainbow - join us :)-- (69 ladies so far)-(29 BFP's!)

Ajarvis I'm so sorry for how it all turned out :hugs:.

Littlebaby05 - welcome, glad you got AF!

Laura - always thinking of you. What a rough month this has been :hugs:.

Nugget - I'm so sorry for your loss hon :hugs:.

Youngmam - CONGRATS!

Thanks confuzion. Am determined not to give up just yet and hope that it was all just bad luck. Have booked in for hair cut todat to cheer me up. Going for something a bit different. Sadly though the miscarriage appears to have triggered a relapse of my multiple sclerosis so time to dig the sticks out again aand perhaps a dose of steroids...
Apart frim all that I have stopped bleeding and feeling ready to go...

So sorry Nugget.. :hugs: it's a rough time, so it's good to try and treat yourself. So sorry it comes with a relapse, I hope you'll feel better soon. Take care x

Well, I think today might be O-day. CD14. That would be amazing... as I tend to ovulate later (CD15 usually and CD16 when I was first pregnant) on a 27 day cycle. *keeps own fingers crossed*

Good morning, ladies, I'm jumping in here to introduce myself. I'm currently TTC after a mc at 11 wks due to blighted ovum back in October. It was my first pregnancy and I had no idea what to expect, my family was so excited they didn't let me keep it secret for very long, so having to go back and tell everyone "Nope, nevermind," and warding off all of the well meaning inquiries has made me feel so incredibly stupid and hurt. I was trying to have a very natural pg and eventually birth, had signed up with a birthing center and didn't see a doc or an ultrasound until I went to the ER with what I thought was just a little spotting due to sex at almost 12 wks. I don't want to give up on that but am already planning on going a bit more conservative route next time, sticking with a traditional OB until after the first 12 weeks.

Try not to feel stupid, Jai! Even if you had seen a "traditional OB" you may not have known any sooner... My friend didn't have her first ultrasound until 10 weeks. I think that's common at some practices. Early care is always a safe route to check mom's health and baby's development, so hopefully that will give you some reassurance next time around, and it's a good idea.

Hopefully your family is at least supporting you, knowing what you and your partner are experiencing. That is one thing that my husband and I lack. We didn't tell anyone but our parents, and it's difficult to carry a secret pain when everyone expects you to be in normal "happy" mode, and you feel like breaking down from time to time - especially in the presence of others' pregnancy talk, and questions like "When are you two going to have a baby?!?!" (Eyes well up...We're trying.... We lost it.....Waaaaaa!!!!!) But we answer, "When it happens it happens!" (Forced smile!) I'm sorry you are hurting, and I hope this experience doesn't take away from your joy next time, even though your plans might be slightly altered. Hang in there!

Awe. Don't be hurt Jai. My baby's hb stopped at 8 weeks 4 days they guess. I didn't find out til 4 weeks later in ultrasound. Had been spotting for about 3 days prior, but didn't think anything of it. Everyone knew. It was much better IMO having them know and be supportive than have to fake being happy and normal! So when I get pregnant again. I'll still tell everyone. :hugs:

OK. Questions.
If you fall asleep with the thermometer in your mouth should you retake or is it still valid?

Second question. Once I get AF should I remove the positive pregnancy tests from my chart?

OK. Questions.
If you fall asleep with the thermometer in your mouth should you retake or is it still valid?

Second question. Once I get AF should I remove the positive pregnancy tests from my chart?

I usually retake the temp since I'm pretty sure my mouth was open while the temp was being taken....

And there's no need to remove the pos pregnancy tests from your chart. Once you get AF, FF will reset everything for that month.

And now to go back and read everything I missed....

Reason I was thinking of removing the positives is cause I don't think I'm actually pregnant. Think it was residual HCG. Cause the last test I took was lighter than the one I got on 10DPO and I took one in the afternoon on about 2.5 hrs held urine and it was negative and was positive on 3 hrs held urine 3 days prior. Although if I label it as miscarriage then anyone who is looking to compare charts should realize it's from previous miscarriage?

If you label it as miscarriage, they will probably assume you had another.

That makes sense. I don't know how to label it even anyways. FIrst day of cycle - Jan 2nd I put in that it was beginning of miscarriage. I added a note to today waiting for AF cause I'm spotting again this morning, and have some low back pain.

Hello girls... much as I was desperate to get back to ttc asap I think for this month we will have to wait. Whether it was the miscarriage the erpc or just incredibly bad luck, I am now in the worst relapse of my multiple sclerosis I have ever had. Can't walk drive or use my left side so have got dh looking after me completely (absolutely hate it) I am on a high dose of steroids for next week and gabapentin to help with the pain. I have been assured by ms nurse that neither of these are a barrier as such as we have discussed the risks and weighed up pros and cons. However I think perhaps I need to get some normality back first. I am continuing with the vitex pregancy vits and a extra dose of folic though so that should help. I will also still be lurking round as can't go back to work yet!

Thanks so much, LittleBaby and Ajarvis. You're right, I don't think anything would have been different with a traditional OB, though if they'd found out earlier I bet they'd have made me have a D&C, as I didn't end up mc until almost 12 wks. The interference in the natural process is what I wanted to avoid, and its hard now to keep that attitude and not feel I did something wrong. I'm playing the "how highlighter green can I turn my pee with supplements" game now, whereas last pg I chose to avoid prenatals and just eat really well and drink lots of good herbs (Im vegan and pretty conscientious about nutrition). And charting certainly gives me more feeling of control. Back in Oct waiting 3 months to conceive again as a lot of people recommended sounded so incredibly hard, I wanted that bean back that minute. I felt like most of my pg books had abandoned me, too, almost nothing about mc or what to do next except for Aviva Jill Romm's Natural Pregnancy, which I highly recommend. But now, finally, I feel like I can handle the next cycle without crazy disappointment if its not time for that BFP yet. Helps that the day AF is due this monrh hubby and I will be in Disney so either disappointment will be cushioned or celebration really really fun. :happydance:

I've missed yall! Hubs and I worked things out, took a couple months to chill out, and now we're back. Not sure about TTC just not preventing since birth control doesn't work for me anyways. But I didn't realize we dtd every day of my fertile week a couple weeks ago. It was his birthday week :blush:
So we're in the unexpected TWW and realizing how much we really want another baby haha. Although we may wait after this since there's a ton going on. Idk!
I got a new job, in school full time, my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer and Tony's in the running for a new job too. Whatever happens is meant to be!

+OPK last night and today for me. Fingers crossed ovulation is today or tomorrow as had a donation Thursday, but am away now so can't get another until Monday. Fx it already happened by monday

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->