mamas and papas pilko pramette......

Lolly&Bump

pregnant, 4 months
Reaction score
is the mamas and papas pilko pramette a good choice of pram?? i keep going back to this one!

I have it and really liked it as a pram, but now Leyla is 6 months old she wants to sit up but just grumbles and moans when she can't see me. I've bought a Chicco For Me stroller off ebay for £50 just to use until she wants to face forward, but actually it's a lot easier to push than the pliko. For some reason, I found the pliko a lot harder to push up curbs in pushchair mode than pram mode, so I'm not sure if we'll go back to the pliko now. If I was going to get the pliko again, I would spend the extra money and get the one that can parent face (think it's called the pliko switch or something similar)... I wish I'd followed my instinct rather than my head and got the Mothercare My4 instead from the start.

Just wanted to add that when I was pregnant I wasn't particularly bothered about a pram that was parent-facing, I thought we'd just make do with whatever we got, but now having heard the whine my daughter can do for an hour when facing away, it's very important to me!!!

i had th pilko pramette with my eldest an have still got the pram cos she hardly used it so its in bran new condition, i found once it went into the push chair style it was a lot heavy so id rather use it when lil one is 1st born then goin to get a push chair thts light weight xxx

I use it with the car seat. This is the only way that worked for us. Omar was always restless in the pram mode as it's a bit tight for him. xx For a travel system, it's the lightest & smallest I think & it's easy to store. U can check the Pliko switch, it's similar & can go parent facing in pushchair mode.

I have it and really liked it as a pram, but now Leyla is 6 months old she wants to sit up but just grumbles and moans when she can't see me. I've bought a Chicco For Me stroller off ebay for £50 just to use until she wants to face forward, but actually it's a lot easier to push than the pliko. For some reason, I found the pliko a lot harder to push up curbs in pushchair mode than pram mode, so I'm not sure if we'll go back to the pliko now. If I was going to get the pliko again, I would spend the extra money and get the one that can parent face (think it's called the pliko switch or something similar)... I wish I'd followed my instinct rather than my head and got the Mothercare My4 instead from the start.

I agree, get a pushchair thats parent facing, once they have grown out of the carry cot mode. You will miss seeing their little face once they face outwards.

I liked the Mothercare My4 too - its made by Quinny.

I have a pliko pramette and love it! I have had 3 different prams, Mamas and Papas travel system (to bulkey for buses and just going round the shops) graco travel sytem (
CRAP to flimzy and un steady hated it and it kept getting stuck when i tried to fold it down GRR) and the the pliko which i bought secind hand and my baby is only 12 months old!! I thinks its a great pram and i think it just depends on the baby. My daughter whines when she cants see where shes going ( shes so nosey!!)

Em

I have the pilko switch, which is exactly the same but you can have it parent facing or facing away. I absolutely love it it's my best buy and now all my antenatal friends are buying new prams mine is still suiting us perfectly! Xx

I agree with this too, i had it for my daughter and didn't like it not being parent facing, i found it really heavy with the carseat on too!
I had a switch for Harry and loved it! Although it was heavy to push x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->