Mamas or soon to be mamas who are morbidly obese, lets be buddies!

Hi ladies mind if I join you? I'm 5'3" and weigh 235 lbs. I'd love to get down to 145 lbs, but I would be content at 160. At the end of my pregnancy I was 244 lbs. Kind of discouraging that I'm not even 10 lbs down after I had my baby! (Not to mention it's been 9 months since she was born!) I'm currently doing Weight Watchers and just started the Insanity program. It's nice to know there are other ladies out there trying to lose a significant amount of weight too. :thumbup:

Hi ladies mind if I join you? I'm 5'3" and weigh 235 lbs. I'd love to get down to 145 lbs, but I would be content at 160. At the end of my pregnancy I was 244 lbs. Kind of discouraging that I'm not even 10 lbs down after I had my baby! (Not to mention it's been 9 months since she was born!) I'm currently doing Weight Watchers and just started the Insanity program. It's nice to know there are other ladies out there trying to lose a significant amount of weight too. :thumbup:

Hello heyyydayyy! Welcome! I haven't gone on here for awhile and have bad news. I didn't lose anything but gained 4 lbs! Yikes. I thought of joining ww, heard it was good but I don't have the time!

How is everyone else doing?

Badly lol
I havent weighed myself as I know its not good. Good news though is that AF is gone fiiiiiinally so hopefully that'll stop the bloat and the cravings I've had for the whole of August!
I'm going to get a little pocket notepad to carry around with me and I'm going to write down EVERYTHING i eat. I think I need to see it written down to figure out how to change my habits.

Hi everyone. Please can I join. I'm not morbidly obese any more but I was when I started my diet. I was 266.5 lbs and I'm now 203 lbs.

My ultimate goal is to be 10 stone 6 but because I'm on a meal replacement diet I need to get down to about 10 stone so that when I refeed and gain the water weight, I'll be right where I want to be at 10 stone 6.

I started off at weightwatchers and lost 50 odd lbs but then went on the VLC diet to fit in my wedding dress that I bought 5 sizes too small!!!

I'd like to join in if it's ok!
I'm 5'3.5" currently weighing in at 199.2lbs.
I was 179 pre pregnancy and gained 63lbs while pregnant! At c-section, I was 242. After his birth, I lost a lot of weight and got down to 196 when he was 3 months old. I just stopped trying, got busy (and sleep deprived) and got back up to 213 and stayed there for a bit. This time around, I started at 203. I have been working out 5 days a week doing Zumba, Zumba Wii, Pilates Mat (for my c-section pouch) and using the Elliptical and treadmill for interval walking/jogging. I have started to add in weights. I lose very slowly. It has always been that way. My lowest weight I was 148 but i had to work SO hard to get there. I was doing 2-3 hour workouts every Saturday along with 1-2 hour gym sessions every other day and jogging when I would get bored- read: single and living alone. I have NONE of that time anymore.
Currently I have my calorie goals set to 1600. I am always under and usually net 1200 calories after working out. I am on MFP as csteinmetz83, please add me!

My biggest problem is FOOD. I LOVE food. I am a foodie who enjoys trying new dishes and gourmet cuisine. I LOVE to bake (carb fiend) and have a passion for food and it gets the best of me.

My other problem is motivation. I will sometimes need someone to tell me JUST DO IT and then I do.

Welcome Claudia and Embo!

It seems like weight watchers works pretty good. I would love to join, but I really cant find the time though. One thing I figured is that its sooo hard working out carrying all this excessive body weight! I wish there was a way to lose some weight by dieting and then slowly add in exercise as the pounds drop. I mean I can do probably 30 minutes of exercise at a time and I get too dizzy to do anymore.

I have a problem with food too. I dont have problem with junk food, I actually cook my own meals most of the time. I believe I cook decent meals but its just the portion size. I eat when I am even the slightest hungry although I just ate 2 hours ago! I always end up telling myself today's the last day and I will be serious tomorrow.

girls I love food too, and to cook I struggle with portion size too!

Am loving snacks of an apple and about 10-12 almonds at the mo :) xxx

I will try to limit my portion size today and see how that goes and will weigh in a week from today.

I have a problem with food too. I dont have problem with junk food, I actually cook my own meals most of the time. I believe I cook decent meals but its just the portion size. I eat when I am even the slightest hungry although I just ate 2 hours ago! I always end up telling myself today's the last day and I will be serious tomorrow.

I don't eat a lot of processed junk food either, but my portion could use some help. I also have a hard time allowing food to set in, so I keep eating. I've been so use to 'hurry up and eat' with being in a work environment and now being a mom.

I don't eat a lot of processed junk food either, but my portion could use some help. I also have a hard time allowing food to set in, so I keep eating. I've been so use to 'hurry up and eat' with being in a work environment and now being a mom.

Ugh. This, exactly. I eat pretty dang healthy. I don't even remember the last time I had fast food or anything relatively greasy. But I love eating in bulk! :dohh: I can sit and eat broccoli with hummus all day...too bad it stops being healthy after the first 5 bites. :(

Hello ladies, mind if i join you?

I'm just outside of the morbidly obese category now (only just!) I'm 21 and not a mummy but trying to fall pregnant at the moment but so far no bump but i'm trying to bring my weight down to help :)

I started to eat better and control my portions and trying to control snacking :pizza: July 17th this year and i'm seeing results slowly but surely.

Start weight 246.5lbs BMI 41 :oops:
Sept 1st weight 235.4lbs BMI 39.2 :happydance:

I hope to get down to 128lbs BMI 21ish eventually.

OwlBump

Welcome OwlBump!

I agree, too much of anything, even if its healthy, turns out bad. Lets say an apple has 50 cal (I reallly dont know how many calories is in it) and you eat 10 in a day thats already 500 calories and imagine the sugar. Any problem area that I found is that I skip a lot of meals. I definitely dotn eat breakfast. I work from home from 8 am - 12 pm and sometimes I have trouble just from getting up. Then when I'm off work, I have to tend to the lo which takes about an hour. Most days I dont eat until late in the afternoon...like today its past 2 pm and I still havent eaten a single thing.

Update - last time I mentioned gaining 4 lbs, today I am back to my initial weight of 221.8. My bmi is 39.3 so I am not morbidly obese yet (I thought I was) but I am getting there if I dont change something.

I have the meal skipping problem too but nothing stops me from eating i just forget :/ Despite being up for 6 hours or so I've not yet had breakfast and just had a cup of tea for lunch :S I do this a lot but i don't usually notice until well into the afternoon then i binge eat on sweet snacks :(

I'm off to the Swimming pool for the first time in a year this evening with my OH hoping to get in some exercise ^^ half hour walk there an hours swim and half hour walk back is the plan!

Just weighed in (i couldn't resist!) Lost another 1lb so thats 12.1lbs in total now :D I hit my 10% weight loss mini goal :D

Next one is only a few lbs away, hope to get my 1 stone target by the end of next week :)

Wow OwlBump that is very good! I wish I could lose something. My weight keeps fluctuating. So I decided to join the gym. My husband encouraged it. The only downside is it doesnt have a child care facility inside the gym so I will have to wake up at 6:30 am to go to the gym for an hour before while my dh is watching the lo, and then I have to get home before 8 am to work. We were gonna start ttc #2 but decided to hold off on that because we are planning a big trip in February of next year. We will be traveling abroad to visit dh's family. I have 5 months to lose as much weight as I can because people over there are really fit i dont want to feel like an outcast.

btw, does anyone in here crave sweets when they are super hungry or is it just me? Like when I am super hungry I think of a cookie.

Ohh I'd love to join a gym but they all seem so expensive especially when there's 2 of you wanting to go :/

Good luck with loosing before your trip :)

Ohhh sweet foods, how they are my enemy! Just alittle hungry or bored and those darn things.... Mmmm.... Yes... I have a "problem" with sweet foods; cookies, chocolate, cake :S you name it i enjoy it waaay too much. Like 2 or 3 times too much :(

I didnt get to go to the gym this morning =(. I just cant wake myself up! I hear the alarm go off but just couldnt pull myself out of bed stupid me. I currently have 2 options there's a gym that costs $20 more that has child care services (an extra $25), I can go whenever I want, and the gym I want to go to is only 10 a month but doesnt have child care so I have to wake up super early before work so dh can take care of lo. My mom will be coming back in early october and she lives close to the gym so it shouldnt be a problem for her to take of lo for an hour will I go.

I just feel lost...and I will continue to feel lost until I am able to get some activity in. Btw, has anyone played with kinect before? I got all of the just dance games and I gotta admit it does make me sweat quite a bit though not as much as going to the gym.

Hi ladies,
How is everyone doing? So my gym plan is not working out. Gosh some people can be so selfish. My husband, the person who encouraged me to join the gym decided to not take care of our child anymore. Today is Saturday and I really wanted to go. Our son woke up at around 8 am and when it was 8:30 I told my husband that I wanted to go to the gym but he wouldnt let me. He said I had to stay home and take care of our baby since he is tired.

I kind of went backward then stalled! gained 1 1/4 lbs this week but hoping its the Chinese I ate.

Sorry hun you cant get to the gym that doent seem fair at all :( xx

Hey everyone! I am currently pregnant with my last baby, and I am NOT trying to lose any weight right now, until after LO arrives. I am very determined though, after she comes, to lose this weight. I weighed 150 pounds when I got pregnant for the first time. I am 5'4, so it was okay. I am getting ready to have my 5th baby, am 7 months pregnant, and weigh over 300 pounds... I am very embarrassed about that. I had my kids very close together and just never lost the weight in between pregnancies.

Well, this time around I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes. It was REALLY scary at first, but I think it is a blessing in disguise. I have been meeting with a nutritionist because of this, and she has given me SO MUCH useful information on how to eat right, and I feel confident in applying this after baby comes. You never really realize how bad some foods are.... even foods that are advertised as healthy, until you have diabetes! It has been a HUGE eye opener for me to say the least.

Since I have altered my diet to a strict diabetic diet, I have lost 6 pounds. This is in less than 2 weeks btw. My dr says it is okay, as I was concerned since everyone thinks pregnancy=weight gain... but he says baby is gaining just fine. I have a specific meal plan, and there are food I am absolutely NOT aloud to touch for any reason. I have a list of foods that are off limits, and follow my meal plan other than that. I have a low carb diet, and am allowed a specific amount of carbs at each meal through the day.

Once I have my baby I will be sticking to this plan until my body has recovered from my c section (repeat). After that I will be cutting down carbs even more, and attempting a diet known as the Keto Diet. It is pretty much like the Atkins Diet. I have a lot of weight to lose, and it si known to work very well for people that need to lose a lot. Also, carbs have ALWAYS been an issue for me. I never have been a sweets eater...but carbs were bad in my diet, and look at all the weight I gained! Crazy! Anyhow, this is what I will be trying. I just wanted to stop in and get to know you ladies now, ahead of time, and maybe see what is working or not working for you so I can get some ideas! :)

Welcome LoveSanrio!

I too had gd when I was pregnant. This is my first child and although we wanted our babies close in age, decided to take a break so I can lose some weight. So far no luck. I was 224 pre pregnancy and after baby was here I lose 16 pounds in 2 months. I think that was due to breastfeeding. Now I am 222 so still not back to my pre-pregnancy weight but very close.

So I decided to try p90x instead of going to the gym to see how that works out. I am also adjusting my diet. I ate steak with salad today and I have to admit it is not filling! I still feel hungry, but I guess gotta suck it up if I wanna lose weight. Time to give lo his bedtime bath, bye ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->