Mamas or soon to be mamas who are morbidly obese, lets be buddies!

Can I join please?
I'm 20, 5 foot 4 and 205lbs :(
I want to get down to 140lbs. I'm finding this hard, I love food too much!

Can I join please?
I'm 20, 5 foot 4 and 205lbs :(
I want to get down to 140lbs. I'm finding this hard, I love food too much!

Welcome! :flower: I totally get what you mean. There are days when I am so determined and by the end of the day I'm proud for eating well...but then there are days where everything goes out the window because I can't stop myself from indulging!

My goal weight is 145, but I would LOVE to be back down to 175 (where I was before I got pregnant).

Welcome rhdr9193..x!

I also love food and its probably the major problem for anyone. I went to Seattle for a mini trip and stayed overnight. Before I left I was 222 and when I went there I gave in to temptation and ate to my heart's content. I allowed a max of 2 lbs weight gain. Guess what happened when I stepped on the scale as soon as I came back? It was 228.6? I was like "ok what did I just see?" How could anyone gain 6 lbs in 2 days??

Hi ladies :hi: is it ok if I join please?

My name is Heather, I'm married and have 1 child Jessica who is 8 years old.
We were TTC from march until beginning of last month without any luck so now we are on a break until we both lose some weight because really it wasn't healthy TTC the weight we are. I probably wont lose all my weight before TTC again but I'm hoping to get down to just the over weight category and not the obese.

I'm 5 ft 7 and weigh just under 17 stones (238 pounds) so hoping to get down to 13 stone 9 (191 pounds) before TTC again to put me in the over weight category. 11 stone 5 (159 pounds) is classed as the highest end of normal weight for my height though.

I'm not starting dieting until Monday though, excuses but I have recently moved house and things have been a bit upside down, so Monday I'm going to start dieting and using exercise bike which I finally get to use now I have a spare bedroom for exercise equipment, so no more excuses for me now lol

Just thought i'd do a quickly stop by and say Welcome to the new people :)

I just do a quick update, i was having a lazy week last week and it showed! 3 takeaways put me up 2.8lbs to 237.2lbs :( BUT! This week i've had just the 1 and been swimming twice for 90 both times :D

Todays weigh in! = 3.6lbs lost = 233.6lbs

Lost a total of 12.9lbs now can't wait to get both my 1 stone and under 230lbs milestone

Just thought i'd do a quickly stop by and say Welcome to the new people :)

I just do a quick update, i was having a lazy week last week and it showed! 3 takeaways put me up 2.8lbs to 237.2lbs :( BUT! This week i've had just the 1 and been swimming twice for 90 both times :D

Todays weigh in! = 3.6lbs lost = 233.6lbs

Lost a total of 12.9lbs now can't wait to get both my 1 stone and under 230lbs milestone

Wow great job!!

I weighed in yesterday and was down 1.2 lbs. I do Weight Watchers and I've missed my last two meetings, so 1.2 isn't all that great considering it's been 3 weeks since I last weighed in! But hey, it's better than a gain right?

I'm going to stay focused this week and drink tons of water. Can't exercise atm because of my knee so I have to keep it together food-wise! :thumbup:

Welcome Jessicasmum!

Congrats OwlBump and heyyydayyy! I also noticed if I cut down a few things, I would be able to lose weight drastically. We have so much fat to lose that just a small change would get us on our way.

Its been 5 days since I got back from seattle. After coming home I reportedly gained 6 lbs...well now I've lost all the weight and back down to 222.4 lbs. I just joined the gym yesterday. I am super anxious to go! Lets see what happens next week.

Just a quick update: I didn't actually start my diet as planned on Monday :blush: too many excuses of ordering food in when people come round or going out for a meal, I think the novelty is wearing off now of our recent house move and with my daughter finally starting her new school Monday we can start getting into a normal routine. So I will order my healthy food shop for tomorrow or Monday and I will start my exercises while my hubby does the school run in the mornings, so NO MORE EXCUSES! I should write that on my fridge :haha:

Heather, I am in the same boat as you! I havent lost anything and find myself stuck at 222 range (that was as of yesterday morning). We ate hotpot last night and I havent gone to the gym the past 3 days so I wont be surprised if the number has gone up.

Heather, I am in the same boat as you! I havent lost anything and find myself stuck at 222 range (that was as of yesterday morning). We ate hotpot last night and I havent gone to the gym the past 3 days so I wont be surprised if the number has gone up.

What day is your weigh in day? ooooo hotpot, I really miss that since I became a vegetarian.

So I finally started today!!!! (a day late :blush: ) I weighed myself this morning and I have put weight on so now 242 pounds :( so I need to lose 51 pounds to be in the over weight category before I will start TTC again.

I have had to eat so far is: belvita breakfast biscuits with a banana and a cup of tea (tea always skimmed milk and calorie free sweetner)
4 pieces of small whole meal bread (56 cals each) with light flora 2 pieces of quorn chicken slices lettuce and extra light salad cream, with a small can of pepsi max.

Exercises: 20 mins on exercise bike, 10 mins abs and then hand weights.

Hi Heather (did I get that right)?

I find myself not weighing myself on a specific day anymore. I just weigh myself when I feel its been a week. This morning I weighed in and found myself weighing 221.6...which is 0.2 lbs lighter than my initial starting weight but thats still disappointing since its been over a month.

Hello ladies, I am STILL stuck at the same weight ( fluctuate from 199.6-200).
I have to say I cut back on some working out because I got SO depressed about NOT losing weight even though I had been working out SO hard. We've also been TTC #2 and right now, I FEEL pregnant but still getting BFN on pee stick. Ugh, so add disappointment onto that. Just fighting inner demons and TRYING to make good food choices.

Hey ladies, just a quick weigh in post :) Today I'm 232.4lbs i was battling the 235 mark for 2 weeks or so but since finding out about bump i'm on my best eating behavior so i hope it pays off, i haven't had a single cake/biscuit/piece of chocolate for 5Days!? I want to get my BMI as far under 35 as i can before June 2014.

July 17th - 246.5lbs BMI 41
August 13th - 239.4lbs BMI 39.8
Today - 232.4lbs BMI 38.7

Hope everyones doing ok

Hi ladies, i havent forgotten about this thread!
I've only lost 2-3lb... but my bra is too lose in my chest. Its not an old bra so i know its not the elastic going, but ive still had to go down from the first/biggest fastening to the third in the past few weeks. My chest and natural waist are usually the first to change (sadly not my boobs or belly though!) so I'm hoping the loose bra is a good sign, even if the scale doesnt show much of a difference :thumbup:

Hi Heather (did I get that right)?

I find myself not weighing myself on a specific day anymore. I just weigh myself when I feel its been a week. This morning I weighed in and found myself weighing 221.6...which is 0.2 lbs lighter than my initial starting weight but thats still disappointing since its been over a month.

Yeah you got it right, my name is Heather :)

Are you doing any exercise as well?

I know I shouldn't of weighed myself so soon with only starting on Tuesday but the bathrooms scales was looking at me :haha: so thought I would jump on and I have lost 4 pounds already :happydance: I always lose quite a bit in my first week and I also think its to do with me being quite bloated recently due to my AF just finishing so back to 238 now, just got to stick to it and not undo what I lose like I always do.

Question to you all: who else is wanting/needing to lose weight before they TTC again?

CottlestonPie - that is really good! You are probably losing fat and gaining muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat so it doesnt seem like a lot but your bra is getting loose so thats good! Keep up the good work!

Owlbump - Massive congrats to you! I lost a little weight when I was pregnant and after I had my baby I was 16 lbs under my pre pregnancy weight.

Claudia dont give up! Sometimes I also feel like I hit a rock and get depressed but at one point you just have to keep going. I am also depressed right now because although I havent gained anything, I'm still not getting anywhere. I must start going to the gym again.

Hi Heather - I try to go to the gym at least an hour a day if not more. I always do resistance training first for 30 minutes and finish off with cardio. I havent been going to the gym the past few days though. My husband has been staying home and I get lazy from the wet weather. I have to start going again! Its good that you have lost 4 lbs though! I was 219.8 probably 2 days ago but now it went back up to 221.6. I just ordered some diet supplements. I did a lot of research and read reviews before I ordered it. I will try it out and tell you ladies if it works or not. Problem is I'm still breastfeeding my lo at night and its not safe. So I either have to wait until I wean him or stop breastfeeding him a month earlier than I planned.

Also, to answer your question about ttc #2, personally I would like to be thinner before having my second, because we dont plan on having another until early next year. Of course, I would like to get down to a smaller number by then...but its not a huge factor. Like if I were to get pregnant right now, I wouldnt mind. Being thinner at the time of ttc #2 is like icing on the cake...I hope Im making sense lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->