Managaing Debt

Tudor Rose

Mummy
Reaction score
hiya we have 2 kids both of school age and ive been brooding for child No3 for a long time (almost 3yrs) ive been having problems (constant migraines) and had to come off the pill and i cant have to coil due to tilted cervix and condoms are not ideal really when your married.
we have 14k debt and were kinda just letting fate do her buisness.

we can get the debt paid off in 23 months but if i was to fall pregnant before then it will take longer.

we havent got in debt with spending sprees and stuff it was all for home improvedment.

im not really asking a question i suppose just after advice with how you manage with debt and children etc thanx

Personally I save up for what I need. This sometimes has meant going without something that would have made life easier, like a car in an area with piss-poor public transit. So I have stayed out of debt. Ideally, when we buy a house, we'll be able to buy outright.

The best way to manage debt is to not get in it.

If a coil and condoms won't work, how about a diaphragm?

my husband and I also have a lot of debt, and are ttc baby no1. We haven't been on spending sprees either,we just stuggled to get by sometimes with necessities. we have had to use credit cards to pay bills and buy food some months, and it's just mounted up. We don't have anything nice, or expensive, I drive an old banger of a car and it's absolutely essential for me to get to work as I do shifts. And yes, the best way of managing debt is to not get into it in the first place, but it's a little late for that when you're already in it! :dohh:
Before we decided to ttc, I always said I wanted to be debt clear before we start, but considering how long it will take us to pay off, it's pointless waiting as we'll be too old! I just think there never is a 'perfect' situation to be in to have a baby and a family, and if anyone is in a perfect situation then they are very very lucky and I would love to trade places. 23 months to clear your debts really isn't that bad, considering it will take me several years! Don't worry these things work themselves out.

We're in debt about the same tbh.

I've basically sat down and looked at the repayments on them all and worked out what's costing us the most and how quickly I can get rid! I worked out that by doing this we could be £400 better off by October which is when bubs is due...just about right for my drop in pay.

It's not ideal and we wont have a lot of spare cash in the lead up the bubs getting here but at least when they are here we'll be £4000 less in debt and be able to sell the car to exchange it for something more practical! (I want a Volvo!!) :)

Debt is one of those things that can cause problems....but only if you let it! Ours was getting out of control, but I've taken the bull by the horns and I'm tackling it one bit at a time. That's the best you can do. Try moneysavingexpert.com for some handy helpers and most importantly do not beat yourself up about it. Yes you have debt, but it shouldn't stop you living the life you want. Just don't take out any more and keep an eye and before you know it it'll be whittling down!

Best of Luck hun. x

Sorry Minnie83 don't agree that things will work out. Have to deal with debt head on. We had a lot of debt which i found stressful. We reviewed all our spending, outgoings etc and now virtually debtfree. Took alot of effort but worth it.
I would try to pay the debt off before you try for another baby. Why make your life more stressful.
Not sure why condoms not a good idea if you are married?:happydance:
Take care whatever you decide, Know someone will say 'you would never have a baby if you waited for right time' but some times are better than others

we had alot of debt from loans fro house improvements ad things but in he end we coudlnt aford it and then i got preg and i found a place called pay plan were they put the payments u make out in to one whole payment that you can afford it had really helped us cos we were strugling bad its good and they dnt charge u have a look at the website there great xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->