Managing your BnB addiction and being a mom?

WTTMommy

Mama to Rach
Reaction score
How are you on BnB so often and what are your LO's doing while you're on the internet? I attended a parenting conference last weekend and the speaker was talking about the ill effects of parents being online too much while their kids are around, and the likelihood of their kids spending too much time on the internet from a young age... and I immediately thought of BnB :rofl: Some of you have thousands and thousands of posts... so not sure how you do it.

I'm sure that when we start having kids, I'll definitely have to cut my online time by a large amount or limit it to 1-2 hrs during naps.

EDIT: This might not be a big deal for some of you, so sorry in advance if this offends!

Usually when she's napping or feeding. Otherwise it's Niamh and Mummy's play time :)

Usually when she's asleep or in the evenings when her daddy takes her (like now) though I do pop on and off throughout the day when she's playing on her own

I come on wen karl as got the kids or wen there in bed x

Usually when shes in bed... Or the sneaky hours I have between finishing work and picking Olivia up from Nursery. As I work 4 days per week the 3 days I do get with her are 'our days' and unless shes sleeping I dont tend to be on much during the day

x

In the day i'm on and off all day, i'm on the laptop and the kids are playing, it fills my time while their playing. I'm lucky you see as my 2 love playing on there own ...sure they love playing with me aswell but i have always been abit tough love with both of them after knowing a toddler who wouldn't play on his own

7 onwards there in bed OH works til late so i'm on my own:)

I don't come on here much during the day. But when I do, Lexie is asleep so I come on here to pass time (if i've not got anything to do) :) And I come on at night when Lexie is in bed. Usually 8:30-9:00pm.

When Lily naps, Whens she asleep in her cot, when daddy has her :D

I usually do it when Thomas is asleep.. or even when he's awake as he likes to play too :)

During her naps.

I live at home with my parents and I have a 17 year old sister who is a huge baby hog; so sometimes she has her and I go on the computer also.

She's not even a month old though lol so sometimes if she's awake like.. she's not really doing anything anyway lol so I have her in her bouncy chair beside me and I sort of bounce her while I'm on the computer and I play music she likes and I talk to her :)

I have my comp on most of the day and have tabs open to facebook,here and hotmail.I pop in every now and then.When abi is sleeping and when madi is at pre school or if mads is watching night garden or like now at stupid o clock!Or feeding Abi .Just pop in when I can xxx

I post when she sleeps, when I am breastfeeding her and when she is having "alone time" I still spend tonnes of time with her though, I would never let the internet take over my job as a parent, however, Alexa does not need me at her beckon call every second-I check on her often to make sure she is okay, but I believe she needs her own space a few hours spread during the day, because I want her to have some independence, if that makes sense.

I post when she sleeps, when I am breastfeeding her and when she is having "alone time" I still spend tonnes of time with her though, I would never let the internet take over my job as a parent, however, Alexa does not need me at her beckon call every second-I check on her often to make sure she is okay, but I believe she needs her own space a few hours spread during the day, because I want her to have some independence, if that makes sense.

Same minus the breastfeeding :rofl:
Helena plays on the living room floor next to me. She has a toy laptop she plays with too. :D

Same minus the breastfeeding :rofl:
Helena plays on the living room floor next to me. She has a toy laptop she plays with too. :D

haha Alexa has a toy laptop too :D

Hannah has one but I'm scared she'll break it :shock: :rofl:

In the day i'm on and off all day, i'm on the laptop and the kids are playing, it fills my time while their playing. I'm lucky you see as my 2 love playing on there own ...sure they love playing with me aswell but i have always been abit tough love with both of them after knowing a toddler who wouldn't play on his own

Me too, Kaya likes playing on her own so I can pop on and off throughout the day.

Yep same as the others really, when Lexie is asleep or when she is jumping in her jumperoo!!! It helps me switch off from all those annoying jungle sounds!!!! xx
Think most of us have really cut down how often we come on, you only have to look at the Third tri threads we use to make........we were bad! x

I actually come on before she wakes up (like now :lol:), sometimes pop on with her playing right next to me or sit her on my lap... BnB is nearly always opened to me.

BnB is left open most the day and i pop on now and again when i have a min same with facebook, me email for work and me accounts system for work. And im off and on throughtout the day. If im in work its the same i pop back and forth :blush: XxxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->