March 2013 babies - we all have our beautiful babies :)

Yup, that's Ruben too. He hates it on his tummy. Do I recall correctly that Carson had some reflux? I often wonder if that's why Roo doesn't like it on his tummy, the doctor doesn't seem to think it would bother him, but I think that in some way he still can't stand anything pressing on his tummy. He is better than he used to be, but gets frustrated and upset easily when he's on his front.

Carson did have some reflex. I haven't given him and medication or anything in a while and he seems a lot better.. And oddly enough he sleeps on his belly ( or side) however I think with the reflux laying down bothers them period.. Carson only wants to sit up.. Even when he's on his back he grunts trying to sit up.. Lol if only he'd realize it's easier to go on his tummy and get up lol

GL for the next routine Skeet :)
I should try that too :thumbup:

Aghhh Im still trying to get Kaylee to drink formula. She still feeds from the boob. I hope I don't sound like a bad mother... But at times I get annoyed BFding now.
She drinks water from the bottle, diluted black current juice.. But that's it :brat:

Ruben is exactly the same as that skeet. He will sleep on his side or tummy, but when he's awake he only wants to be upright. I dont give roo anything for the reflux anymore either. I hope as they get bigger they start to not mind it so much on their fronts!

It really does slow their progress a bit.. But at least I don't have to worry about him tormenting my dogs yet :)

Sharn- it's a natural feeling.. Have you tried mixing bm and formula.. So maybe start with 1 oz formula then 3 oz breast milk and gradually increase it

Yeah same for us with the cats :haha:

Sharn - no experience here, but I hope she learns to like formula soon xx

Thanks ladies :flower:
Thanks skeet, I will be trying that :dance:

Well ladies my breast feeding days are over I was exhausted with Martha not going through the night.
Last wednesday I thought I would just try her with a bottle and she took it so kept offering it to her and believe it or not the last three nights she has slept through.
Just wondering now if my milk wasn't filling her up.

She is now commando crawling to get to stuff, she would rather be rolling around the floor than sat up.

Sharn I completely get the whole fed up with BF a bit, I have struggled really since day 1. All I can say is keep trying and also be wary of juice in bottles as not good for the teeth (if there are any).

jenjen- congrats on the sttn! It feels amazing doesn't it!!

I agree with the juice..I only ever give carson juice if he is constipated and thats only 1 oz with 3 oz of water.. I keep trying just plain water but he only takes a sip or 2 then throws it lol.. He's only ever had juice 2 times and that was when he was a lot younger

Carson is still not crawling but pulling himself up to a stand from sitting. His seperation anxiety is starting to peak too! He's become very clingy..even in the house he wants me to be close enough so he can reach out and touch me at all times. He's also getting easliy frusterated because he wants to get on the move so bad but can really figure it out..I'm sure he's working on something!!

I don't give her juice anymore. I found it pointless

Kaylee has 6 teeth now! Aghhh 4 top teeth came through last night and I didn't even know! They're like finding Easter eggs on a Easter hunt haha

Skeet, I wish Kaylee wasn't crawling sometimes lol. She follows me every where and wants to come into the toilet with me :haha:

Crawls all over the Xmas presents. Under office desk and I had to put all the cords up onto the computer table, stood up and pulled allllllll of the DVDs down out of the DVD stand. I need to lock her up now lol

I was telling my husband yesterday that he needs to go through his DVDs and figure out which ones he can pack up so the bottom few shelves of our book shelf are clear..

There is so much Carson is going to be able to get in to.. I have to really go through the house for when he moves!

I just wanted to say hi... I've been stalking just not posting. Things are going well for Emily and I. I'm still home with her and just working Saturdays. She is still not crawling but is getting closer every day, she does roll everywhere and scoot herself on her back. She sits for really long periods of time but hasn't quite figured out how to get into a sitting position on her own. She loves to stand holding onto things and has pulled up once but she is still really wobbly, especially when she is tired. She loves music, dancing and even trying to sing along, it's really cute! She's saying Mama and Dada, definitely knows what Mama means and seems to know Dada. She babbles all the time and tries to repeat words. She can wave and say hi but does it very randomly. Her stranger anxiety is really bad right now, she really won't go to anyone but my husband or I! She's been doing much better with sleep, has been getting better about going down herself. We are still Breastfeeding but she is really into food now as well, we are,doing mostly finger foods and very minimal purées at this point. I'm excited for her first Christmas! Hope you all are well

hey ladies!

getting so close to christmas!

JenJen - wohhoo for sttn :happydance: although im sorry you had to stop bf.

sharn - have you had any success yet hun? I Loove how much your having to chase Kaylee .. haha ethans always pestering Seth now he can get about its so funny. Wow for 6 teeth!

AmyB - hey hun! im glad your both doing so well.. i love your avatar pic! so cute :kiss: that must be so cute watching her wave and say hi! <3

hmm im with you all on the juice... BUT if seth has a fruit shoot he tends to crawl over and pinch the 2nd bottle lol. We still have no teeth at all :( Ethan follows poor Seth everywhere lol .. every time seth gets on his bounce and spin zebra ethan appears to shake it lol. it is cute sometimes though as they play together and laugh at each other.. last night seth was dancing which started ethan dancing and they both ended up in hysterics at each other.

we had a huge milestone yesterday... Ethan took 3 steps unaided!! I had stood him up in front of me and let go of his hand to see how long he could stand up for without help and he took the 3 steps to get to me!! So proud :cloud9: :cloud9: he wont do it again though lol keeps just plonking his bum on the floor or launching his arms at me lol xxxx

oh and ethan loooooooooves chocolate cake.. haha he had some of seths birthday cake on wenesday

https://i41.tinypic.com/vzydfk.jpg

Sethsmummy, yes she's finally drinking from the bottle. Slowly but she's drinking :happydance:
yes she's definitely keeping me busy now with the crawling haha.

Omg how cute is Ethan with the chocolate cake all over his face! That cake looks so delicious too!

:wave: Hi Ladies :flower: Wow so much going on, I can't wait to read up! Hope you are all well. Seems like there are so many milestones that have been hit whilst I have been away. Life had been a little hectic with the start of my new job but I am hoping to regain some control now . . . I can but hope :haha: :wacko:

Sophie has yet to crawl, she bum shuffles a little bit but isn't aware she is doing it. She is still on 2 teeth, I think more are on the way because this last week or so she will not sleep unless it's on me. Argh! I attempted to pop her in with her sister tonight but thus far it hasn't gone very well. :dohh:

Hi ladies! I cannot believe it’s been over a month since I last posted. I swear it was like a week or two ago! Crazy how time flies chasing little one around :happydance:

baby_bray - congrats on #2! How exciting. We’re waiting until next summer to start trying. Can’t wait! But at the same time I wanted some time between the kiddos. Very tempting tho :winkwink:

sharn - I’m still nursing Hayden too and I’m SO OVER IT! But she won’t take ANYTHING in a bottle since about a month ago. She used to take pumped milk but now won’t take anything. So I feel so tethered! I’ve decreased her feeds now and increased solids as I just needed to be able to take the afternoon off. She was always on me…little nibbler.

AmyB - we went through a couple weeks of Hayden REFUSING to be held by anyone but me and my DH and for 5 or so days anyone but ME. It was exhausting! She is just now starting to go to other people again. But she’ still very clingy when I’m around. It’s hard! Super sweet and makes me feel loved but at the same time mama needs a break!

We’re doing well. Hayden started crawling awhile back and started pulling up to stand about a month ago. She hasn’t progressed much further cause we don’t give her much opportunity to practice! We have hardwood floors everywhere and haven’t quite baby proofed much so we limit her time roaming about. She has a big play yard that she loves to play in and pulls up to stand on. I bet if we let her roam freely for a few full days she’d be walking :dohh: But we can’t have that (Yet)!! :nope: We still have NO teeth and she still isn’t saying anything coherent. Just babbles on and on. She LOVES TO EAT. I will have to share a video of her eating. It’s very amusing. Anyway, enough about us. So excited to see everyone pop by! Post more pictures!
xx

Here's Hayden's 9 month old picture from 2 weeks ago :kiss:

Attachments

• hayden9m-4170.jpg
    hayden9m-4170.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 2
Hiya ladies,

Well that was once heck of a catch up! Been looking at posts since 4th Nov! I just struggle to find any time also. The house is a wreck not for want of trying, I seemed to cope more working full time, go figure! My 'new' job is good but it's swallowing up a lot of hours that I don't have, I have often been sat on the computer until 1-2am as it's the only time I can manage to get it done. Not ideal. I'm hoping to strike a better balance but as I am still new there are lots of things to get my head around.

Sophie is doing really well, she can now move around backwards on her tummy and she also does a sort of bum shuffle but it's not really as she is sat on one foot. She keeps trying to stand up, she just wants to walk and bypass crawling! She says da da a lot and makes la la sounds too. She doesn't clap but is always slapping her knees! She is very good with her hand coordination so I guess she just doesn't want to clap She only has 2 bottom teeth still, I keep singing to her 'all I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth :haha: She hates purees now and just wants big people food.

Baby_bray : Congratulations! I'm glad you are all very happy :flower:

Seth's Mummy &#8211; Happy 4th Birthday to Seth, I hope he had a lovely birthday.. How is Ethan's walking / foot?

Sharn &#8211; Check the bottle teat size, might get her drinking quicker

Oh and ladies, if your no longer breastfeeding, make sure you have a tight support bra on at night whilst your breasts are changing, helps to reduce saggage ;)

Well best be off, time to get Chloe from pre school :)

Seth's Mummy &#8211; Happy 4th Birthday to Seth, I hope he had a lovely birthday.. How is Ethan's walking / foot?

just a quick one today.. thanks hun seth had a fantastic birthday he was spoiled rotten. Ethans walking is much much better.. in fact he spent 15 minutes walking all by himself at the weekend between his dad and I so were doing 10 mins a day walking practice! Im hoping to have a walker by new year! gonna be sooo cute. xx

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been on for ages either. Struggling to find time now that there are 3 meals and 2 snacks a day to prepare and clear away plus have to keep an eye on my little monkey constantly!!!

Alfie has been crawling and cruising a while now. He is getting better with food although he is still fussy and doesn't eat much in one go. He now nurses about 4-5 times a day and wakes once or twice in the night. We were starting to make real progress with food and sleep last week and then we all caught a sick bug over the weekend and he stopped STTN and eating bigger portions! Slowly he is starting to eat again so I'm hoping we will be able to get back to how we were doing soon :)

I am back at work 2 afternoons a week now, will be back 3 afternoons in January. Alfie loves spending time with his grandma while I am there and doesn't miss bf at all while I am gone so I don't really feel any urgency to give up now - thankfully as he is still not a fan of bottles. I now plan to keep going until he is 13 months as we are going away then and it will be easier not to have to deal with cows milk while we are there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->