March 2015 Pots of Gold

:flower: Hi all well Im joining late because in the beginning I was so scared to join a "group" per say that is. I've done a few posts since I found out I was preggy, but since I've been pregnant 3xs with nothing but heartbreak (2ectopics,1 miscarriage) I kinda just let be what be. But guess what so far so good, going into week 14 on Wednesday and my 12 week scan was great. But now that seems like ages ago, and I'm impatiently waiting for 9/19/14 for my next scan with OB. I am so excited but always alittle nervous. I bought a doppler but haven't used it since week 10 me and hubby decided to not use it and trust God. So daily prayer is a must. Anyway Im rambling and I'm happy to join the March thread with you ladies! Happy and healthy to all.

Fab news milosmum :)

Good luck Swampmaiden, let us know how you get on

Welcome saveme :)

Loving all the good scans people are having at the moment!

Awesome news Milosmom! Nice picture :)

Welcome saveme! Sorry for all you've gone through.....yay for being in the 2nd trimester!

Waiting for more updates!

AFM - Yesterdays scan was awesome! Baby is measuring 2 days ahead and was bouncing around like crazy. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted and I can finally enjoy the little one growing inside of me :)

Hello ladies. Like Saveme I am a late joiner. I am 14 weeks today and I still can't believe everything will be ok most of the time. I had an u/s at 13 weeks and he looked great but I worry all the time. I did the harmony testing and found out a few weeks ago we are having a boy so I'm a little ahead on that : ). My next scan isn't until 19 weeks unless I have a breakdown : ) my ob is wonderful about providing all the reassurance I need as we have been through so much. Here's hoping and praying we all have the happy endings we so very much desire!

Had my scan today... baby measured right on target, with a heartbeat of 150! :happydance:

So glad everything is going so good!! knock on wood lol

Can't wait to start seeing everyone elses scans.. and Im so happy for those of you that already passed this major major milestone!!!

Attachments

• IMAG0124.jpg
    IMAG0124.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 3
My scan went well. Baby was wriggling away and kicking back at the sonographer! Didn't like being poked about. So glad all is as healthy as could be. Yay!

Welcome Peachy & Saveme! Glad everything is going well and you found us :flower:

Yay for more good scans, Tmb & Swampmaiden.

I was worried I over-did it yesterday as I took DS to a baseball game. I was expecting some cramps or brown discharge, but I am fine. So glad, because last time I got spotting and cramps from just doing a lap around the grocery store!

Yes i want to congratulate you both, Tmb and flou for great scans!!!

Im happy to hear you both had some wrigglers in there!! :)

LilFoosh, glad nothing resulted from the baseball game but seriously dont overdo it!!!
asf, Im laying on the couch all day today binge watching Revenge on netflix. My biggest decision (now that I got the laundry done) is whether to have some chocolate ice cream or a tall glass of icy soda..

Yay for your scan too Flou!! Sorry, I don't know how I missed your post

Yay for another great scan, flou :)

Welcome peachy!

Swampmaiden - Did you decide on ice cream or the soda? I would have had both!

Foosh - Hope you had fun at the game and glad your body seemed to tolerate the outing so well. My son is begging to go to a hockey game this winter!

Afm - Not much going on this week. I've been feeling pretty good, just still quite tired. I made my big announcement on Facebook :) I was going to wait but it's like this pregnancy feels so real now after my scan and I want to share it with the world!

Has anyone else announced?

That's funny Tmb! Someone just asked a similar question on the March-Mallows thread. I guess because we are all around that time.

We have only told a few people out of necessity. Our MFM appointment is on the 18th, after that we will probably end up telling our managers as we will know the frequency of our appointments and I will most likely have a cerclage placed, so day surgery and bed rest, which will interfere with my work schedule. Other than that, we are hoping to not have to tell anyone else until November.

I need to be able to concentrate on getting through October and don't want to have to deal with other people.

Swampmaiden - Did you decide on ice cream or the soda? I would have had both!

Has anyone else announced?

I went with the soda... it felt 'cleaner' to drink a soda than have the ice cream cuz sometimes I get a weird dairy after taste from ice cream. But i may have some this morning lol.. i think the idea appeals more than the doing.

As for announcements.. not on FB yet.. just told the family and in-laws and some co-workers. I going to wait to Xmas to announce on Facebook.. it'll be everyones Xmas present from us haha

We have told most people close to us. My colleagues which I work closely with and my boss knows. My DH for various reasons has a slightly estranged relationship with his Dad but I want DH to at least email our news before we announce to the world. I feel he should know and what he does with our news is up to him. But all our close family and friends know.

We announced straight after the 12 week scan. I think my husband was bursting at the seams by then as I'd sworn him to secrecy. Plus it would be hard to keep quiet much longer as I wear uniform to work

Hi ladies, I hope everyone is doing well! :flower:

I'm freaking out a little. I have my MFM appointment tomorrow morning and I have this irrational fear that they are going to tell me there is nothing we can do and I will just have to wait and hope I don't lose this baby. At the same time, I am also kind of scared they are going to admit me & put in the cerclage tomorrow, so I won't have any time to really mentally prep myself. I told my boss's boss (who already knows) that I might get held in and she said she would take care of all work related stuff and I told my mum so she can take care of home/DS related stuff. So, I've taken care of everything I can but I keep drawing parallels between this pregnancy and the last and I'm barely holding it together.

I just have to make it through the next 24 hours. I am trying to stay positive, I should come out of tomorrow's appointment with a plan and reassurance. The negative thoughts keep creeping in.

LilFoosh, perfectly understandable! :hugs:

but also realize, whatever will happen, will happen.. theres nothing you can gain by worrying and stressing out.. try to just let go of the 'I need to know" feeling and just surrender to fate. Tomorrow morning is soon enough. And trust me, I know exactly the feeling you have, having been thru several losses myself and worrying over everything little thing and every appt with this pregnancy. But somethings are just beyond our control... surrender, accept, chill... and reading between the lines, I can tell that you know deep down that everything is FINE!! :)

Thanks, I know that, Swamp, but I couldn't stop myself. I think I still needed someone to say it though. I ended up going to bed at 8 because I was tired and had to get up early, so that helped to not think about it.

The appt was fine. I have to go in weekly and they will measure my cervix. Earlier it was 2.9 cm, so I was very surprised when they said it is abnormally long (the doc later said "ridiculously long" haha). It made me so happy and relieved to hear that. Measured 4.8 cm. Baby is also perfect. They ended up talking me into doing the NT scan & bloodwork because it gives them more info to work with and gives info on the placenta, so I figured more info is better than not enough. He also said they would not push or suggest doing the amnio or further invasive testing if results didn't come back perfect, but may suggest an additional blood test, so that put my mind at ease too. They are also testing for several bacteria so we can prevent infection or at least treat it as soon as possible.

Overall very happy with the outcome. Now to find out if I can put down my appointments as sick time!

thats great news, Foosh! Im so happy everything went so well. Now if you were a guy, I'd think you were bragging about having such a long cervix lol :rofl:

Very great news, foosh! You must have breathed a hugs sigh of relief?! Weekly visits sound daunting, but I guess any amount if doctors appointments is doable for baby's safety!

That's good news lilfoosh. It sounds as if they are really looking after you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->