March 2015 Pots of Gold

Thanks ladies!! It was definitely a relief and I really don't mind the weekly appointments, I want to be on top of any changes and not just wait for something bad to happen. They also told me they have a mental health professional on staff for helping couples like us sort through the grief, happiness and added stress of our situation. So that will probably be something I do as we approach and get through the 16-20 week stretch.

Does anyone else have an appointment coming up?

Foosh - Your hospital/clinic sounds very proactive! That's awesome :)

Afm - Next appointment is October 6th. I'll be seeing a new doctor in the town I've chosen to deliver in. It's about and hour and 20 minute drive (20 minutes further then the nearest delivery hospital). I feel the nearest hospital is very dirty and outdated and it seems difficult to get in with a doctor. Where I've chosen to go the maternity ward has been renovated recently and the doctors office was very accommodating with new patients....actually feel welcomed instead of a burden!

My next appointment is on the 2nd October with my midwife and I will be 16 weeks then. And I already can't wait for my anomaly scan on the 3rd November and hopefully we will be finding out the gender. So excited! Is anyone else going to find out or is anyone staying team yellow?

foosh, whats special about the 16-20 week stretch?

tmb, Im glad you found a welcoming doctor.. is your appt for gender as well?

flou, youre waiting until Nov for gender? Im definitely going to find out gender in November as well, but I think with family/friends Ill stay team yellow just to drive them all crazy lol

Staying team yellow here :) I stated team yellow with all my babies. My next ultrasound will be in early November when I'm about 20 weeks. I know I'll be tempted to find out, but I won't cave to the temptations!

way to stay strong, tmb! I like the idea of shouting out at the birth "its a boy/girl!"

Maiden - When I had my last one, I told all the nurses and the doctor that no one but DH was to announce what baby was. When my DS came out, it took DH a minute to collect himself and then he informed me "it's a boy!"....we were shocked as we both swore we were having a girl! Haha....Anyway, his announcement was my most memorable part if that entire day :) Can't wait for it again!

Sorry for silence, been away for a week visiting family. I have a midwife appointment on 2nd October too and then a scan on 20th October. I'm going to find out if possible, I'm far too impatient to wait!

Has anybody felt baby move yet? I think I might have but it's my first so really not sure

Lbrum - Hope baby cooperates for you! I love when other people find out...that announcement is always exciting :) I'm very surprised I can wait as I am a huge planner! Do you have nursery theme ideas for each sex or are you waiting to know for sure?! As for movement, I THINK I felt baby the other day...I concentrated and felt it a few times and feel like it may have been baby. Those early movements really mimic gas bubbles/movements so I'm not 100% convinced yet.

I was wondering if anyone else is having stupid vivid dreams? They are driving me nuts....they are all about pointless things that are doing nothing but interrupting a good nights sleep.

Foosh so glad you got such great news!

Hey ladies I'm glad everyone is doing so well! I do believe I feel movement here and there but usually it's right after it passes and I'm like "hey what just happened" then I wait and wait and nothing and then of course it happens right when I'm not paying attention again!

Tmb yes I am with you on the dreams. So realistic now aren't they? Hopefully for hubby not too many are about him because I've woken up really angry with him a couple times : )

I think I'm going for something quite colourful either way. There's a set I like in mamas and papas (not sure if you have that in America?) but it's so expensive!

I've had some really strange dreams, earlier on some of them were really violent too!

And I know what you mean about the movement. I keep thinking it might just be stretching or has, and then it comes again out of the blue and I wonder again lol. Should hopefully be more definite within the next few weeks :)

yeah, ive been wondering too if Ive been feeling movement.. its the faintest of flutters, and usually at night when Im laying really still.. so exciting!

and dreams.. mine have been extremely vivid, very lurid... and many of them are borderline nightmares of crazy, stressful, fantastical situations... its almost a relief to wake up from them at 2/3am.. but then i toss and turn for a few hours before conking back out again.. its become an annoying pattern, and I really need to lay off the netflix and sci-fi books lol

Hey there ladies. I have my 16 week appt with midwife on Wednesday and then a scan on Sunday as still don't have a need due to baby lying wrong way at 12 & 13 week scans. As scan is at 16 weeks there is a small chance we could find out sex if we wanted to. I am in two minds whether to find out. I didn't with my daughter and I loved the surprise but this time my daughter is quite adamant she only wants a sister so I think it might' be good to prepare ourselves if it is a boy eve if we don't actually tell her. Thinki will wait and see how we both feel on Sunday.

I think i felt baby move yesterday. I was lying on my side having a little snooze on the sofa when it felt like something doing somersaults in my belly. And little fluttering movements. I was wondering if the way I was lying pushed baby to the front of my uterus so I managed to feel it. It was weird sensation and I can see how people think its gas but my gas has never felt like that.

I keep having really vivid dreams. Have since before I knew I was pg. Sometimes scary, sometimes naughty and sometimes they feel so real. The other night I kept waking up on the hour every hour because of dreams! Very annoying!

Swampmaiden, we lost our last baby at 17w2d, I went into preterm labour, so that is going to be the hardest part for us I think.

We haven't decided if we are going to find out the gender. I haven't gotten curious yet but knowing myself I don't think I will be able to wait until then end.

We do have mamas & papas stuff here, I love the bright colours!

Hi ladies, just got back from a weekend trip away.. it was fun but also sad as my husband is now living about 500 miles away from me.. I wont get to see him until Thanksgiving, and I wont be moving up there until a few months after baby is born so its going to be tough.

LilFoosh, what a nerve-racking mile stone to have to get past.. I thought 12 weeks was bad, but 17 is even tougher.. Im sending positive vibes your way :dust:

That sucks SM! At least hubby was there for you during first tri. Will you be able to see him semi frequently as the pregnancy progresses? Is he going to be able to be at the birth? Ugh I just realized you mean American Thanksgiving, so not until the end of November!

thanks foosh.. yeah, it was nice he as around during 1st trimester because i was so exhausted and sick it was nice to be babied a bit. I'll see him for a few days during thanksgiving (yes, end of Novemeber) but then he has a semester break for a month starting in early December. So really, these first 2 months will be the toughest, and he'll be shocked to see how much my belly/pregnancy has developed by then lol

So Im also convinced Im starting to feel genuine movement now! What about the rest of you?

I have been feeling flutters but yesterday in the car I felt a couple pretty good kicks and punches. I also keep getting this feeling like baby is tugging on the cord... but I'm not sure that is what is actually happening or if I would be able to feel it.

I had a bad dream last night =( I dreamt I had some tests done at the clinic and they came back telling me I would miscarry my baby in 1 week and 3 days. It was very upsetting. I woke up almost immediately and had a little trouble getting back to sleep. It was kind of strange timing because I think DH and I have decided on what we are getting for a stroller & car seat... but then maybe that's why I had the dream, because it is getting more real?

I don't know, I just don't want to have any more dreams like that.

Sm - That's so long! Hope you've got family and friends around to keep you busy?! DH will be shocked at the transfoarion for sure....he may even be able to feel little kicks and flutters shortly after you reunite!

Foosh - that's awesome that you are feeling distinguished movements....this is my fourth and I'm still not sure! Haha

Afm - 15 weeks and looking back it seems as though it's flown by! I've got an appointment with my new doctor next Monday. Might also swung by the hospital to see where it is and check out the delivery/matternity area. I've heard it's nice so I just feel a need to see it!

How are our other ladies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->