March 29, 2011 Bump Buddies!!! 6 Boys, 1 and only Girl

MissFox... I know that you know what I am about to say here...

FIVE DAYS!!

:rofl:

I just posted that on another thread and was coming back to countdown here!!! 5 DAYS!
Baby better cooperate!

s/he better cooperate or s/he will have some explaining to do to the members of this group! :rofl:

Luckily the sonographer I have will NOT let that happen. She'll say "OOPSY I COULDNT GET THE SPINE MEASUREMENT" and have us come back in a day or two! She did that with the NT testing and she said she "couldn't" get the fluid measurment and had us come back a week later.

hi ladies! CONGRATS MISSFOX! :happydance:

i will be getting the epidural fairly quickly. i try to hold out til at least 4-5 cm but that isnt long since i usually am dilated to 3 before i ever go into labor. it speeds my labors up actually. and my labors usually only last about 7 hrs, so im not up walking around trying to make things progress. seems to progress very nicely on its own.

i feel like its such a blessing to get a healthy baby here that i really dont care how the labor goes. i know a lot of people around me put a lot of emphasis on the labor part and think its not "natural" to have an epidural, but thats just details to me. I trust in the Lord to get my babies here safe and sound and really dont care if thats even by c-section. have had epidurals with most of them and by no means are my babies drugged at birth or acting funny. so for me, i praise God for providing me with relief from the pain through the epidural. of course, if i wasnt able to get it i would still praise because i know the labor is just momentary and the real joy starts when labors done, no matter how it goes.:thumbup:

i guess i feel like if im trusting in the Lord, there is nothing more natural than that and He has many ways to make things work out for good!

I agree blessedmomma. I don't judge those who do want/need the epidural (and yes, some women NEED it), just like those who plan a c-section. With the medical technology today it's every women's choice and sometimes it's not the choice but it's what needsto happen to get baby here safely.
My mom was in labor with me from Feb 1 thru 3 and with my brother just over 24 hours. I'm hoping I don't go that far but she doesn't dialate and they always break her water and that does nothing to speed the labor process. Since that's the only thing I have to go on I'm going to try to stay out of the hospital until I feel like I'm getting closer. We'll see.

i hear ya miss fox! well put. i dont want to judge anyone for the choices they make either. i think i get judged by some of my family for my choices though. i guess i dont really understand why there is so much stake on the labor process. i mean things dont always go as planned for me either, but the baby arriving certainly overshadows anything i went thru to get them here.

i have heard of the epidural slowing down some womens labor. im soooo thankful that doesnt happen to me!:haha: it could very well be what happens to you since it happened to your mom.

of course i hear out of my mom that they didnt have epidurals in her day. i tell my husband i will forever be thankful i can have them, lol!

i have a SIL who wanted an at home water birth and she wasnt too happy with me wanting a hospital birth with an epidural planned. she said it was what women did before hospitals so its not natural. she ended up at the hospital with complications and a c-section from placenta abruption though, yikes!

Alright ladies- quick bump update: 19 weeks

Attachments

• 19 weeks.jpg
    19 weeks.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 0
:( mine shrunk, seriously.. it shrunk alot after a sick night on the toilet a few days ago. So as DH likes to say "i was full of sH!t" :cry:

MissFox yours is gorgeous!

Blessedmomma- I couldn't agree more. Who cares HOW the baby gets here as long as it gets here safe & healthy! As for epidurals.. if I was in the states I would totally be getting one, no questions asked. I figure it's there for pain relief, why go through un-necessary pain when the outcome will still be the same? Baby in arms!

Today was my B-day sorry for being MIA...lol j/k had a great day. Gone for half a day and thread takes off! Love it. Hope your all doing well, Yay MissFox 5 more days and great bump picture! I definitely agree, I dont know why others get so caught up in what choices someone else makes for what they think is best for themsleves or thier child. Natural or epidural or circumsion or not, cant everyone just mind thier own buisness....Hahaha still on rant from other thread...you who know know what I'm talking about....lol I agree just as long as baby and mommy are both safe and healthy after delivery.....right. Well feeling huge....like i'm gonnna pop and really tired. Talk to you lovely ladies tomorrow. Goodnight :sleep:

Happy birthday Sammy!! Glad to hear you day was great!
MIL is pissed that we didn't call her and tell her AGAIN that we were getting married. She isn't talking to either of us right now. Whatever. It was honestly the smallest thing in the world. No pictures and we didn't even exchange vows. Just signed the marriage license. But oohhh no she had to "hear about it" on Facebook. My mom thinks it's great we didn't do anything and that we want next years "wedding" to be more like yesterday didn't happen. We were just pushing it up for the name change process. UGH! SOrry for the rant.

Happy birthday Sammy!

O/T and pregnancy related, it is 430 am and I am up because DB's friend is snoring.. :dohh: They hung out together last night and I went to bed early. I woke up to them sleeping in the living room with infomercials on and have eaten all of the cookies from yesterday. They are having a slumber party tonight I guess. Our SO's grow up so fast..:rofl:

:haha: :rofl: Omg, babyseal that is hilarious!

Sammy, so glad you had a happy birthday! :D

MissFox- MIL's are lovely.. yikes. She will get over it :shrug: Besides, you're not obligated to tell anyone if you don't want, it's your life! :hugs:

Going grocery shopping today :) Sadly, since I've been pregnant I loooove grocery shopping! Just getting all the food I know I'll want to eat is satisfying. hehe..

Have a fab weekend girls.

babyseal that is GREAT! We let DHs little brother and his best friend stay the night a lot and they always cuddle up together on the futon! I love waking up and seeing it!

Bella- I'm not going to stress over her. I just sent out a message to everyone else just to explain why we did it then and why we didn't really announce it because we were not sure if it was going to happen until that day. She can suck is up and deal with it. :haha:

It's just so funny because they are both adult men and looks to me that they came back after a night at the bar, and got comfy with snacks and tv! They're still sleeping hahaha. My poor kitchen got raided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->