March 29, 2011 Bump Buddies!!! 6 Boys, 1 and only Girl

I am not sure about hcg in relation to what is seen on ultrasound. hang in there hun, dont stress unless necessary....still really early

remember I didnt see yolk sac or fetal pole until almost 7 weeks
:hugs:

Yeah.. Embo honey try not to stress..

Bear in mind that at 4 weeks pregnant my HCG was only 37..

37!
I thought for sure something was wrong, but the doctor told me that HCG is a horrible indicator of anything other than being pregnant, how far along..etc.. is so unpredictable. I'm sure the same goes with what "should" be seen. If you think about it, there are things developing at both higher & lower numbers than that, because it varies so widely from woman to woman. :hugs:
My first ultrasound was at almost 8 weeks..and he just looked like a tiny blob.. so you've got time before you start to worry :friends:

embo- my ob wouldnt even do an ultrasound until i think 3000 on my hcg. i would have to dig my books out to make sure of that, but it would take a minute to find them since we just moved and boxes still are not unpacked yet:blush: but im almost positive it was 3000.

also i think you might have to take into consideration the machine thats being used. im sure there are newer ones that are clearer and can magnify better than some older ones. dont know about the machine that was used on you though.

are they doing another ultrasound on you soon? if it were me i would just keep in faith that all is well and praise God for this baby. dont let fear push you around, God can do anything...

^ So true BlessedMomma.. If he brings you to it, He'll bring you through it :friends:

thanks Blessedmomma. I hope you're right with all my heart. The nurse that took my blood today is the one that scared me half to death. When she read the first hcg to me she pulled a face and said hmmm, we should have seen a yolk sac with numbers like that.
what a cow bag. Does she not realise that people take hold of every little thing that people in the medical profession say??

I've just rung the hospital and my results aren't back yet. She said if I haven't heard anything by 8 I'm to phone back. 3 hours and counting lol xx

you're right embo, she shouldnt have said that. i think sometimes medical professionals have done it so long that they really dont think before they speak.

i know when i got my first sonogram this time the lady had to look around for the baby. she couldnt find it with the normal ultrasound wand and had to do an internal one. scared me at first, but she finally found it. she said it wasnt uncommon to miss the sac or the baby in the beginning since its so small and they dont know where its implanted. much easier to see when baby gets bigger.

dont put your faith in that lady though. she is human like you and me. like bella said, all babies are different and grow at their own rate. the medical community likes to put a standard as to what is "normal", but when it comes down to it they cant standardize human beings.

:hugs:

Embo here is my ultrasound at 6 weeks 6 days, cant make much out of it as he was itty bitty
6 weeks 6 days pregnant.jpg

Wow Sammy, how tiny but already so cute ;)

I'm feeling positive but I'm so skittish waiting for the phone call. My nerves are on edge!! I wish they'd just hurry up and call. Just been praying for patience lol x

Have a cup of chamomile tea if you have some :thumbup: it should help calm your nerves.

I don't have any but I do have normal decaff tea. I'll go and make a brew. mmm might have some jaffa cakes too !!

I'm eating chocolate brownies :wohoo:
Gosh being pregnant is fabulous.. lol

What is a jaffa cake?

There is a huge debate in England about whether they're a cake or a biscuit!! It's like a round sponge ( size and width of a cookie ) with an orange jam type filling, topped with dark chocolate. Yum Yum x

See if this link works .....
https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?img...&sa=X&biw=1753&bih=977&tbs=isch:1&um=1&itbs=1

My oldest DD absolutely loves them. I have to hide a packet after we've been shopping !!

So it looks like I'm not going to get the results til tomorrow now.

I'm very upset to have been mislead. When I asked at 7:15 whether I'll definitely get the results tonight, the nurse on duty assured me that I would. Called back at 8:45 and the new nurse, who is quite frankly RUDE, said she didn't know whether I would.
Just exploded at my oh, poor man, let out all my frustrations in a big massive sobbing fit, and I feel strangely better!! must've needed a good cry!!

So I'm going to go to bed now and phone in the morning. I'll update tomorrow xx

Such a bummer. I swear the medical staff who see this stuff everyday forget there are actually people with feelings behind the tests. They don't seem to care much.

That's so true. They become anesthetised to real peoples feelings.

Anyway. Just on my way to bed and nurse called!! Gone from 2559 to 4554!!!!!! She said they're very happy with that cos they only look for 60% rise. I'm so happy. Thankyou for all your prayers guys. I really appreciate all your support. Got to go for another scan on 29th December for another scan to see whether there's yolk sac and feral pole present.

Sammy you can add today's date for beta's doubling :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"