March 29, 2011 Bump Buddies!!! 6 Boys, 1 and only Girl

oh my goodness ladies... I have severly neglected this thread and so much is going on with everyone!!! I almost need a cliffs notes version of the last few weeks!!

Off to catch up... :flower: Hope everyone is doing well!!

blessed.. congrats :)

I think we are all getting ready to have our babies!! I am 50% effaced with a soft open cervix. Seems like almost everyone is starting to have some progress!!

Blessed- Congrats honey he is absolutely perfect! Such a sweetie :) :flow:

Nothing new here either!

MissFox I hope your shower went well! & Babyseal, Yaaay, were so close!

Has anyone else tried checking their own cervix? Its hit or miss whether or not I can reach mine :dohh:

I need either longer fingers or a shorter thingy-do. :haha:

:haha: I haven't, I did that when I was TTC because I was using softcups, still gives me the heebie jeebies thinking about it! It is definitely hit or miss though, even pre pregnancy.. :lol:

I haven't been able to reach... my bump is too big... or my arms are too short?

Sorry my baby shower was FUN FUN FUN but noone really looked at my registry so I got TONS of pacifiers and teethers and newborn clothes (I didn't want any newborn because I had so many!) 45 RSVP'd but 25 showed up. But regardless of the downfalls it was still AMAZING! I had so much fun mingling with everyone and just seeing faces I haven't seen in a long time. Oh- and one of my gifts went missing from the back of my truck!!! I'm very sad my highchair is GONE! I hope it turns up and didn't get stolen!

But now I just got back from L&D- I started having lots of braxton hicks (that were apparently real enough contractions). From 12:45 to 2:15 I had 10 so I went in to get monitored. For the next 2 hours I had them every 10 minutes (couple weren't regular.. upto 15 minutes between) Then the next 2 hours they started to slow but I still have them every time I stand up. I want this baby to make it to full term! DH keeps saying "NO SHE CAN COME NOW" but really- I need to get in a couple more weeks of work or we're royally screwed!
Sorry for the downer of a post.

:dohh: My DH seems to think Connor can come now too, I keep telling him.. not for another week!

I'm so glad your babyshower went well hun :thumbup:

So I just wanted to update you all I'm in L and D again. They are trying to figure out why I have contractions every time I go from sitting to standing and any movements while laying down also cause them. They did a vaginal swab to see if there is a protein that tells whether or not ill deliver within 2 weeks. My cervix is softened and open a fingertip. They say its a little early for that but it could still stay that way til 40 weeks. I just got a shot to stop contractions though. Hopefully one works

I have a growth scan today at 130. I am excited to see baby again.. I have had some ultrasound withdrawals lol. I wonder just how "big" he is. As inaccurate the weight estimates can be I am not too concerned right now.

I had a NST yesterday for decreased movement but of course once I got to the office he was having a party in there.. and the monitoring showed he was reactive and everything is good.

I have had three doctors tell me he is big. :haha:
Dr. 1 said he thinks he might be big and got things rolling on the scan just to check.
Dr. 2 said I have a whopper in there, and NOT a Jr. Whopper. And that the size is pissing off my uterus.
Dr. 3 measured me yesterday and just said "wwwhhheeewww... you might have a big guy in there."

Hmm I am noticing a trend here.

Hmm I wonder if the size of the baby is irritating my uterus too!
Also- think it's safe to say they are expecting a pretty big baby from you!
They said a lot of the contractions I was having (that were super small and often) were because my uterus seems to be irritated but then I would have big ones every 15 minutes.
I hated the shot to stop contractions! HATE HATE HATE! I made me feel horrible! I was practically having the worst panic attack of my life because of how it made my heartrate race and gave me the shakes! I'm still having contractions when I sit to stand or bend over or walk but that's just gonna haveto be that way because I do not want another one ofthose shots and the fetal fibronectin test came back negative so they aren't concerned about labor at this point.
I want another ultra sound to see my little lady!!! (And know how big she's getting)

yep I definitely believe that size can irritate the uterus for sure. My next growth scan is next Thursday wondering how big is he now seeing he was approx. over 6lbs three weeks ago! well thought I should post bump pic here...here you go Bella these are my wonderful stretchies like I promised

Attachments

• 36 weeks.jpg
    36 weeks.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 36 weeks-a.jpg
    36 weeks-a.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 0
Great bump Sammy. I don't think I'm going to get a growth scan- my fundal height jumps around but never stays too big for too long. Had a really long day at work today but kept my butt firmly planted in my seat for the majority of it. I still have contractions when I stand and when I stay standing or walk around so I'm just avoiding that! DH thinks it's fine and that I should go grocery shopping with him and I really don't think I should so he's upset because neither of us want to.

what a cute bump sammy! i have stretch marks in exactly the same spots, lol! :haha:

my LO is such a calm baby. he is so quiet and sweet. even his personality is a blessing. i cant wait to see some pics from you ladies when your baby's arrive...:cloud9:

pffft... he is only measuring at 6 lbs and 8 ozs for 36 weeks... they said BIG baby.. I had this idea he would end up being 10 pounds. It is 75th percentile, but around 81/2 pound by the due date doesnt seem super big to me.

That same thing happened to my friend- They kept telling her her son was going to be HUGE! And estimating him (close to due date) just under 9lbs. It was accurate- he was close to 9 lbs at birth but she had NO PROBLEM getting him out. He was 23.5 inches long!!!

what a cute bump sammy! i have stretch marks in exactly the same spots, lol! :haha:

my LO is such a calm baby. he is so quiet and sweet. even his personality is a blessing. i cant wait to see some pics from you ladies when your baby's arrive...:cloud9:

I am glad to hear you have a calm baby...I am hoping for the same....thinking I might just have a little wiggler in utero :haha:

So I had some spotting this morning after being uncomfortable all night. BP this morning was 154\90. Go to see the doctor in 2 and a half hours. Baby is still moving fine and no more bleeding. Still have a bad headache though. I am hoping they will just send me to be induced tonight. Baby should be almost 8 lbs if the ultrasound machine was correct. Everybody cross your fingers this is all over for me tonight. I don't think I can do this much longer!

Brai thats how I feel, I am not having BP issues but definitely in pain to the point its very difficult for me to walk or get around anymore especially when watching my 17month old DS on my own everyday. I have 4 appts next week on the 7th 8th 9th and 10th I am not sure how I am going to manage it. Mentally and Physically feel defeated with this pregnancy. Big :hugs: Brai! FX

FXd brai! I've started having some BP issues now - it's been 140/70 or so lately. They mentioned while I was at the hospital Monday night about possibly needing BP meds- which I want to avoid. I'm trying to keep stress down but with DH and his mom fighting I'm having a hard time with that.

Awww Sammy it doesn't look that bad at all hun!
Your bump is so beautifully round too! :)

Almost headed to the hospital today, been on the toilet at least 10 times.. then contractions started and lower back pain.

I took a bath and its eased up but I'm still not convinced as crummy as I was feeling earlier so I'm keeping an eye on it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->