*March & April 2021*

@KylasBaby haha so funny, my first was the easiest ever (except she didn't sleep, but whatever, I only had one) and my second was colicky and miserable and screamed all the time. he's still VERY INTENSE but I was so worried he'd be an unhappy person and he's just the most joyful, hilarious kid you ever met.

Other people I know who had a very difficult first baby had the easiest baby ever for number 2.

I will say that I noticed all my babies had extreme sensitivity to dairy and soy, so I just cut it out from 36ish weeks and reintroduced at around 1 year old. All my kids outgrew their dairy issues by 1-2 years old. I was vegan with my first so I never would have known she had a dairy issue until I started eating it again when she was about 2 and she got a raging rash. My poor second baby had to suffer so much until I figured out the culprit. of course, his temperament is also on fire. He moved in my belly like nothing I've ever seen - when I watch the videos now I am shocked. no other baby has moved like he did, and I felt him daily from 8 weeks! I also got to the hospital 9 mins before he was born, he SHOT out, like I said... he was just born on fire!

Your second will be a breeze, you can quote me on that!

@MrsKatie yes I plan to cut dairy and soy around then too. DD is more or less good with it now, but I don’t let her drink cow milk (she does almond now. Not that she drinks much milk. She drinks water all day long. Well hydrated, she is lol. When she was younger she did well with goat) and i still use some dairy/soy free things. But she can have ice cream and such like that without issue.
I’d agree my first is still very intense as well, but around all the screaming she did as a baby I knew she’d be an absolute goof ball lol. And she is. She’s such a silly kid. And very happy.

If she’s not a breeze I’m coming for you! lol

Another one with a dairy intolerant kid here! My son is very sensitive. When he was a baby I cut out all dairy and egg while I breastfed him (until 2+) and then we slowly climbed the milk ladder. He can’t have cows milk to drink, and only small amounts of ice cream. He’s ok with cheese and yoghurt as long as it isn’t a crazy amount. Neither of my girls had any food issues so hoping he was a one off!

Looking forward to hearing how all the 20 week scans go. Mine is next week.

That's really interesting about stopping dairy during pregnancy? I had a feeling my daughter might have been affected by me eating dairy when she was a newborn, I might try that this time to see if it makes a difference

Hi ladies,

Had a bit of a worrying day today. I started spotting, it was brown but it still worried me. Luckily I had my MW appt today. She didn't seem too concerned, just told me to keep an eye on it and if it turns red or I get cramps then ring the emergency line. Seems to be stopping now. I've had ANY spotting so it did scare me a bit.

Hi ladies,

Had a bit of a worrying day today. I started spotting, it was brown but it still worried me. Luckily I had my MW appt today. She didn't seem too concerned, just told me to keep an eye on it and if it turns red or I get cramps then ring the emergency line. Seems to be stopping now. I've had ANY spotting so it did scare me a bit.

That would be scary. How is the spotting today?

@doggylover im still spotting today. Its like the start or end of a period type spotting. Im still very worried about it. I've taken the last 2 days off work so I can rest.

Had my 20 week appointment today, everything looks great with baby and found out it is a girl!xx I'm so excited, both my DD and DS wanted a sister, I can't wait to tell them when they are home from school!

@sunnydee aww a girl, congrats.

I ended up calling my GP and was referred to EPU for a scan. Baby is absolutely fine and measuring exactly as it should be. She didn't tell me the gender as it was just a reassurance scan, and she flashed over that area so fast I couldn't tell. I guess I'll have to wait to the 9th December to find out. Still spotting but my mind is at ease now

DH felt the baby on the outside last night!!
I am getting nervous for the anomaly scan, just hoping everything looks good in there. Just gotta get to December 11th.

So I passed my glucose test!! Their cutoff is 140 mine was 84! Yay!

But I’m a little anemic. I’m anemic outside of pregnancy. Not sure if it’s bc I don’t eat red meat, pork or fish really (just poultry and occasional seafood) or if it’s coincidental, but my numbers are usually fine when I take my iron supplement. Nurse said they want me to take an extra iron supplement. I asked what to do if I already am lol. She said I’m borderline I guess. Their threshold is 35-45 and I’m at 33. But I’m 5 points lower than my last bloodwork. She said not to take anything else bc they don’t want it to upset my stomach and she’ll let my OB know. I imagine they’ll keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn’t get too low. It’s not bad now just 2 points below their minimum. But could be why I’m so exhausted. I’ll try to add more iron rich foods.

Oh and the syphilis test they snuck in there was negative too. So there’s always that :haha:

DH felt the baby on the outside last night!!
I am getting nervous for the anomaly scan, just hoping everything looks good in there. Just gotta get to December 11th.
That's amazing feeling kicks on the outside!
I was so nervous for the anomaly scan too, such a relief when it's finally over! Not too much longer for you to wait!

Anyone else have an anterior placenta? How long do I need to wait for proper big kicks from the outside? I can feel little wiggles and light kicks at the side but I think baby girl just has too much room in there now!

@MrsKatie that’s so exciting!!!

@KylasBaby i guess maybe try and up iron rich foods. The iron supplements are so hard going on the digestive system :shock: definitely don’t want to be taking any extra!

@sunnydee I’ve never had an anterior placenta so not sure really, but I believe it can quite a while until you get the proper huge ones.

my anomaly scan is this Friday \\:D/

Anyone else have an anterior placenta? How long do I need to wait for proper big kicks from the outside? I can feel little wiggles and light kicks at the side but I think baby girl just has too much room in there now!

I’m now 3 for 3 with anterior placentas. I think I had some big kicks with my first around 20/21 weeks, husband felt around 24, and they kept getting bigger but were never really regular. Second I almost never felt, which was fairly nerve wracking the entire time and I could never do kick counts. This one my placenta is totally front and center, but oddly I can feel the most. For a week or so now I’ve been able to see kicks from the outside and my husband can feel... (and I have a good bit of extra weight on my stomach, so that hasn’t stopped it either).

I’m still not feeling a lot myself. Occasional movements if I’m still and paying attention but not a huge amount.

I was supposed to have a midwife appointment this week but have my scan so I never bothered to make one... now I feel like she’s going to tell me off when I do get round to making an appointment [-X !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->