*March & April 2021*

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Groups & Discussions' started by KylasBaby, Jun 22, 2020.

1. doggylover

doggylover Mum of 4

@Nixnax :haha: your husband is some joker! Having sex and another baby! Honestly, give a woman a minute to get herself together first! Or you know, 18-24 months :haha:

have you heard of power pumping? I can’t remember exactly what it entails as I’ve never done it, but I’ve heard lots of positive stories about it helping increase output when exclusively pumping.

The bleeding, oh the bleeding. Mine always lasts for ages, like 6+ weeks before it stops. I hate it beyond anything I can vocalise!

@MrsKatie even when you know the cluster feeds and all night feeds are normal, and a good thing for supply, they are still hard! The lack of sleep/constant wakenings and the never being without a newborn attached to the boob makes it hard work! Do you guys co sleep? I swear it’s the only thing which saves my sanity! Although that said Alexander had been pretty good with his sleep, quite regular in waking around 1.30 and again about 4am and sleeps quite soundly in between (sometimes latched on, sometimes not) but last night he had a lot of wind and was just unsettled all night

Nixnax likes this.
  2. MrsKatie

MrsKatie Well-Known Member

@doggylover yes we cosleep (bed share)- I have with all of them. She sleeps (“sleeps”) in the crook of my arm all night. I couldn’t imagine having her away from me at all!

doggylover likes this.
  3. sunnydee

sunnydee Well-Known Member

Yes I'm so fed up with clothes not fitting me at the minute! The maternity jeans and leggings are getting too big now and there's no way my regular jeans will even go on my legs! I didn't realise I had even put weight on my legs, so another 7kg to lose before I will feel normal again!
    The lactation consultant gave me quite a few good tips and tricks and feeding is going better this week this time is so different from my other kids I feel like I was constantly feeding before but she seems happy with around 3 hourly feeds, apart from the evening cluster feeds before bed

Nixnax and doggylover like this.
  4. doggylover

doggylover Mum of 4

So glad things have improved with feeding, that’s great news.
    I must have put a lot of weight on my legs too. I tried to put on some trousers (which are big!) and barely got them to my knees :haha:

5. Nixnax

Nixnax Well-Known Member

@doggylover I have heard of power pumping, thanks to a good Google. I did it a couple of days and it made a difference. I didn't do it yesterday and it shows as my supply isn't great today. So the power pumping is here to stay. With regards to OH.... there is a pillow barrier that he has to get through first haha.

Isla has become a pretty good sleeper, last night she was cluster feeding before bed and we had to do that with mixture of on the breast and formula, but she finally fell asleep around 10pm and slept until 5am. We have her in the crib next to me, but when she's cluster feeding or just won't settle, she's in bed with me.

I can't believe we are entering week 4 this week... it goes so fast