*March & April 2021*

Haha You get it!

my kids really are great about helping with housework and helping each-other, I just need a better system and routine. I’ve done housework schedules before, and it helps so much. Still scrub the bathroom top to bottom every Wednesday, that one stuck haha

It’s so hard to get it all figured out with kids anyway. Let alone with kids who are home all the time! I’m sure you’re doing a great job, I think women in general pick up on the slightest imperfection in the home that nobody else would notice. Like my husband sees nothing around the house and I’m all “LOOK AT THIS PLACE!!” :haha:

I struggle to keep my house clean with a destructive dog and grown up human man, I dread to think what it will be like with a baby as well. I think I'll have to start this one room a day thing. That sounds like a fab idea.

I'm now 15 weeks. I had a very busy day yesterday, I had the dentist (2 fillings replaced), my heart scan (im not showing to have the characteristics of the heart condition in the family, so that's good) and then finally I got my hair done, just in time for lockdown take 2 to start today :rofl:. We may be in lockdown, but at least I'll look good in my PJs haha.

No appointments now until 19th November which will be my next MW appt.

@Nixnax so glad to hear the heart scan went well. And you got your hair done! Mine hasn’t been cut since September 2019 :shock: I was about to book it and then all our hairdressers closed again. My eldest’s hasn’t been cut since July 2019! Luckily I can cut my son’s at home.

but my eldest daughter and I are rocking the very long hair look :haha:

That's awesome I'm going to follow the organised mum now and start getting a better routine for each room, instead of trying to clean the whole house at the same time! Also I've decided to just let there be mess when the in-laws come over, obviously bathrooms and all will be clean but I'm not going to stress about toys anymore!

@Nixnax glad your heart scan went well and so lucky you got to the hairdresser in time!

I got myself a box and coloured my hair this week and it actually looks good! I don't mind letting my hair grow out a bit, still trying to fix a way too short bob haircut from last year!

@doggylover i haven’t had a haircut since July of 2019 either! It’s so long.

@Nixnax I wasn’t very tidy or clean before I had kids. Then kids came along and they already are so chaotic that the only way to keep myself sane and the household functioning was to get organized fast. My house is way cleaner than it was before kids, ha!

@KylasBaby omg 23 weeks that’s crazy!!! How are you feeling?

@sunnydee glad you’re going to let go of the stress :)

That's awesome I'm going to follow the organised mum now and start getting a better routine for each room, instead of trying to clean the whole house at the same time! Also I've decided to just let there be mess when the in-laws come over, obviously bathrooms and all will be clean but I'm not going to stress about toys anymore!

I kind of took the organised mum method and made it work for me. She doesn’t clean any rooms at the weekend, but I do because I feel like if my husband is home then it’s a good time to tackle the harder places (bathrooms!) when he is amusing the kids. At the start it seemed to take ages to do each room, but now it’s so much quicker, once you get in the habit of it and don’t even have to think. It helps that I despise “stuff” so we don’t have a lot (apart from toys!) of things about to work round. But definitely give it a go and tweak it to you. I used to clean the whole house in one go (and be knackered afterwards!) and I did love it all being clean at once, but I just don’t have that solid time block any more so this is the next best thing.

23 weeks today. 1 week to viability! Not sure where the time has gone.

Baby girl is practicing to join big sis in dance class. Can feel and see her kicks from the outside.

That’s so lovely! And I can’t believe you are 23 weeks already, that seems forever away to me!

The kids stuff just get spread around into all the rooms though so I don't know how the 1 room thing would work haha yeah I definitely need to clean at the weekend or Monday would be a disaster!
Lovely @KylasBaby 23 weeks already! I love when you can feel kicks from the outside

Hi everyone! Just popping by to see how everyone is going :)

Good luck to those of you heading back in to lockdown. Here in Melbourne, Australia, we are just coming out of one which started in early July... so a VERY long time ago. We had a 5km travel limit (meaning we could only go 5km from our homes unless we were essential workers), a 9pm-5am curfew, closed schools, takeaway only from cafes/restaurants, only 1 hour outside a day, mandatory mask wearing... It was full on! But we have now had a run of 7 days with ZERO new cases, so all the hard works seems to have paid off and I'm keeping my fingers crossed it does for you guys, too.

AFM, we had our 20 week scan on Wednesday and everything with our little guy is looking great :cloud9: Here are some pics.

IMG_20201104_122250.jpg IMG_20201104_122230.jpg IMG_20201104_122246.jpg

My hair is highlighted to blend in the greys :rofl: if I don't do every few months it look ridiculous. I've not had it done since July as I waited until I was 12 weeks for safety reasons. BUT it does cost me £100 a time to have it done!! I think im going to have to revert back to a box dye soon, as I won't be able to afford to keep doing it. Maybe I'll just have it done once or twice a year and box dye in between.

I'm supposed to be working today, but because we are working from home I usually spend Fridays cleaning so I dont have to do it all over the weekend. Sneaky :rofl:

@KylasBaby feeling the kicks on the outside must feel amazing. I cant wait to get that point.

@goneawry aww hello baby boy. You must be glad to be out of lockdown. Our first lockdown was like that. This one for us is less restrictive. It doesn't make a lot of difference to me at the moment as I work from home and barely leave the house

Just tried the Doppler for the first time since 12 weeks and I found baby!!! Heart rate 159 at 16+1, I am so grateful!!!!

How is everyone feeling? My oldest’s 9th birthday is today!! I keep thinking of the day she was born. It’s so magical and I can’t wait to experience that again.

Love the bump pic @MrsKatie ! My bump looks pretty similar at 16+1. I feel huge for this far along!

I’m doing ok, not so sick the last two days which is great!

I have an appointment tomorrow, and should get a quick scan, which is great as I thought I’d be feeling more movements by now but I’m not so I’m worrying :shrug:

Lovely bump @MrsKatie mine is starting to grow now, but it still looks more like fat than bump.

@doggylover I hope your appt went well

I think I felt the baby move saturday. It felt like a little bubble popping. Haven't felt anything since.

It’s V day!!!!! Not sure how, honestly, but it is :)

I’m sick as a dog to celebrate lol. I was up every 30-45 minutes last night bc my nose was gross. Went through half a box of tissues just last night. My head is fuzzy and pounding, my nose is gross, I’m exhausted. Plus with DD I had done insane pubic bone pain starting late 20something weeks so bad I couldn’t walk and it’s started again :(. So that’s fun lol

Baby is good as far as I can tell. Lots of kicks that push stuff off my belly lol. Gonna schedule another 3D ultrasound soon for the beginning of December.

Please ignore the state of my bathroom.

C910161F-2DFC-43F2-8C6B-CEA1A5DC00B9.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"