March/April SMEP

todmommy4568

Mom of 1 expecting #2
Reaction score
Hey ladies! CD 9 for me and BD'ed yesterday per SMEP guides. Hoping to follow SMEP for at least this cycle, anyone else?

I hadn't heard of the SMEP method before your post, but after reading about it I'm going to try it this month! I'm only on CD 5, and I have a bladder infection. :nope: Bad times.

But I'm on antibiotics and hopefully it will be gone before it's time to BD!

What kind of OPK are you using?

Oh ick! Hopefully you feel better soon!

I use Internet cheapies and the clearblue advanced digi. I like the IC's but I tend to drink a lot during the day and don't like the four hour hold in the afternoon haha. Which is why I use the CB digi because that one you do with FMU

I did it last month. Got my bfp
2nd time ive used it. Each time i got bfp.1st try
Good luck ladies

Yay Texas! Glad to have you here although I am sad that you are still here haha that sounded so logical 😜

Yes I know what you mean! I'm sad too. I thought I would already be pregnant by now

todmommy and Texas how many times have you tried the smep plan? What are you going to do differently this month? Any advice?

Well technically I haven't followed SMEP exactly yet. I get close but something always pops up and we miss a day or so. this month im going to try super hard to follow it. I also have some preseed so we are going to use that as well.

I am with Texas. I have never fully followed SMEP. I have gotten very close but never quite followed it to a T. I am going to try and do everything exactly as it should be this month. When we were TTC before DH was working out of town so it was hard to stick to it but this cycle FX'ed he will be in town the whole time.

My advice would be to follow SMEP as closely as you can. Sometimes I started late too since I don't O until CD20 starting on CD8 seemed like overkill but this time I started on CD8 anyways. Do what is right for you but try to get close, those early times way before O are to keep the swimmers fresh so they are still important. Despite not following it exactly the two months that I followed it closely I did get PG I just ended up having CP's.

Oh wow! Well I'm excited to try. I can totally see how it would be tough to keep up with that schedule, but I'm going to try! I want to have at least one month where I can say I followed it perfectly just to try it. :winkwink:

Btw, off-topic but I have learned the value of drinking cranberry juice when fighting off a bladder infection. The antibiotics I was taking were not cutting it but I actually feel better after drinking lots of cranberry juice the past few days. Just a helpful tip if you ever have to deal with those!

haha yea a perfect try would be nice! maybe I can get mine this month too before DH starts going out of town for work again, tis the goal!

I'm glad that you are feeling better!! Cranberry juice definitely does wonders.

So my perfect month almost failed already :haha: DH really wanted to go to sleep last night and I told him no that I needed him and his response was really that sounds like a lot of work.....my jaw dropped lol I was like really? I need you for 5 minutes so I can spend basically 10 months growing a human and it's a lot of work for you?! :rofl: he laughed really hard and then sucked it up so I could have my perfect SMEP month 😊
He was complaining last month or the month before about how we never have sex and I reminded him what it was like when we were TTC before and he swore he wouldn't complain lol yea right

Yeah we were gonna bd last night which is cd 6 for me but daughter didn't cooperate. We are gonna bd tnoight and then again tomorrow so I can hit my cd 8 bd start for SMEP. Then every other day till I get a positive OPK which should be around cd 12-14 just depends. I do a fertility monitor with FMU and cheapies at night. Last month I got my peak on cd 12 and O'd on cd 13 and the prior 2 months I O'd on cd 14

Yay not long to wait for O Texas!! I've got 9 days left! I'm getting excited lol

So my perfect month almost failed already :haha: DH really wanted to go to sleep last night and I told him no that I needed him and his response was really that sounds like a lot of work.....my jaw dropped lol I was like really? I need you for 5 minutes so I can spend basically 10 months growing a human and it's a lot of work for you?! :rofl: he laughed really hard and then sucked it up so I could have my perfect SMEP month 😊
He was complaining last month or the month before about how we never have sex and I reminded him what it was like when we were TTC before and he swore he wouldn't complain lol yea right

:dohh: men!!! I swear.

Good luck to both of you! My month is ruined as my bladder infection came back full force and I have to go on some not-baby-friendly antibiotics. Sad news. So I guess I'll have to wait until next month.

I'm so sorry to hear that Bonnie! I hope it clears up soon!

Just checking in. We are basically doing SMEP but we started on cd 7 so we've bd on cd7 and 9 so far plan on doing cd 11 and seeing what my OPKs and monitor do and go from there. Last month I got a peak reading on cd12 and I O'd on cd 13. So I may end up BDing from cd11 all the way through cd15 lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->