March/April Spring Rainbows

Hi ladies! Sorry I haven't been around much. Work has been busy and we made a trip to see my family last weekend. I was kinda upset with my mom. I was so excited to tell my grandpa who turns 90 in December. Well my mom had already told him. Really kinda irritated me. I know I shouldn't be upset about it but I am. He was the one person I really wanted to tell. Anyone else experience this? What helped you move on from it?

I love my doppler too! I don't use it as much as I did in previous pregnancies as I'm having a much harder time acknowledging this pregnancy (I think because it was such a surprise). I am also still not feeling great and I'm so tired that I fall asleep as soon as the baby goes to sleep around 8-9pm but when he wakes up at 3am I can't go back to sleep as I've had my 7 hours but then I have to work all day. It's a cycle that's killing me. I find the more tired I am the more my stomach is upset too. I really hope it eases up soon.
raine - I'm not sure how to overcome that as it is an emotional thing. The closest I have experienced is when an old friend of my husbands announced to everybody at a party that we were expecting after he noticed that I wasn't drinking. I was LIVID as I felt it was my right to choose when and who to tell. I'm sorry your mom took that away from you.

Raine - that's crap. I'm sorry you didn't get to tell your grandpa. I imagine your mum was excited and probably didn't think. Could you maybe do something special for him like a frame with an ultrasound pic, or card? Or if you are going to find out the gender maybe he could be the first one you tell?

Sweetv - I cannot imagine how hard it must be being pregnant whilst looking after s little one. Infact DH and I were talking about it yesterday, plans for a second one! I hope you manage to get a better routine worked out for you soon, being up at 3am and then having to do a full day at work must be really tough :hugs:

AFM - I've only gone and made it to 12 weeks!!! :wohoo: I was so excited I actually woke up early for the first time in weeks! DH thought there was something wrong with me :haha: it couldn't better timing as yesterday was the EDD for the lo we lost :cry: it was ok though, I feel very lucky to be 12 weeks in with this little bubba.

raine-sorry about your mom! That is a tough one and unfortunately it ended up happening with several family members during my last pregnancy. I guess the select few people that I decided to share with just couldn't keep the news quiet that it was twins and so it spread like wildfire and I was pretty upset about that. Especially because I had asked the people that I told to please not tell anyone.

Sweetv- I'm sorry you are so tired, I can't imagine. My DD is 4 and she is a actually a great help and easy to keep entertained while I want to take a nap. I can NOT imagine being pregnant with a smaller baby. My DD was an awful sleeper for so long that I would have been a zombie. I hope you start to feel rested soon, nothing worse than just feeling constantly exhausted.

MrsUnicorn-Congratualtions on 12 weeks!! How very exciting, so happy for you!! It is always such a good feeling when you reach that milestone!!!

It sounds like everyone is doing well, I wish you the best with your pregnancies. I had my last scan this morning. There was no change, no growth and no HB. They will be scheduling my D and C for next week. My last MC was a surprise and happened naturally, so I don't know what to expect with this procedure. The doctor explained the clinical parts but I was wondering if any of you who have been through this can tell me the stuff the doctor didn't. How much time does it take to recover physically. I still have pregnancy symptoms from my hormones do those go away after the procedure or does it take a while? and anything else I might need to know to be prepared for this. Feel free to Private message me if your willing to share. I don't want to bring anyone on this page down. Good luck to everyone else I wish the best for all of you!

I'm so sorry dreaming :hugs: my heart is breaking for you. I've sent you a message about my experience, please get in touch anytime. Xx

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this Dreaming. Take some time for yourself to heal physically and mentally. If there is anything that you need to talk about you can always post here, do not worry about bringing the board down, we all have been there and understand.

Im sorry dreaming. I had a natural miscarriage and no experience with a d and c. Feel free.to talk on this thread if you want. We can all relate. Praying you heal quickly.and take time for yourself.

dreaming - I'm so sorry. I have had 2 mmc and 5 d&c's (2 for my mmc's, 1 was an incomplete natural mc, 1 because after 1 d&c there was retained products - this is not normal, and lastly after my stillbirth for retained products). Physically it is not that horrible, perhaps a day recovery followed by period like bleeding not unlike a natural mc. Emotionally a bit longer and we are here for you :hugs:. You can message me if you'd like or need someone to talk to I would love for some positive to come from my experiences.
All the best.

Hi ladies. Anyone dealing with lower back ache yet? I have had it for about a week. I think a large part of it has to do with how I was sleeping because we have a bed that you can adjust the firmness on and last night I made my side firmer and my back doesn't seem to be aching this morning. I also feel pressure in the rectal area instead of in the front. I think this most likely has to do with my tilted uterus. Its been so long since I had a singleton pregnancy that this all feels new again. Last time was a whole different experience with all new aches and pains because it was twins so I couldn't compare it to singleton pregnancy. So now I feel like I'm going through it all for the first time again, although my body certainly seems to have the muscle memory down this time, my bump is sticking out there pretty good already.

Wow! So much to catch up on... I work Thursday-Monday and it's been a crazy week as usual.
I had my 4th scan last Wednesday and measured 8w3d, so only 1 day off my last scan. HB 177, so nice and fast. This is a little milestone for me because my farthest besides my DS was a mc at 11 wks, but baby only measured 7.5wks. And the nurse is awesome. She said I could come in every week for fetal heart monitoring (Doppler and I don't have to buy one or get to addicted to it.)
My next appts would be in a couple weeks, but I will be out of the country (hopefully). So I go to MFM on 10/24 and back to OB 10/25. We will do whatever the new quad scan is (it now tests about 20 different things) and a by product is we should find out the sex. We will also do neucal (sp?) translucency test - so extra ultrasound.
Raine- sorry your announcement didn't happen as planned. I love the idea of letting him know or share the sex of the baby first. That's kinda why I'm worried about telling my mom. Love her to death, but she gets very excited intends to spill the beans. My sister and my husbands sister Both know and are keeping us sane.
Mrs. Unicorn - congrats on making it to 12 weeks. I can't wait to get there myself. I think that will be a big mental hurdle for me. I also hope the bad hormones symptoms go away and you have second trimester energy!
Dreaming- i've had about every type of surgery there is. If you have any questions or need any help, feel free to message me. Like several said before, emotional healing will probably be the one that takes a little longer. Physically I think I was back to work and three or four days

Everyone have a great week!

nanajoy - sounds like you are right on track!! and yey for those milestones! It makes such a difference when you pass one,a nd also the option to pop in for some extra monitoring is awesome. You'll be at 12 weeks before you know it. x

klabro - I haven't experienced any backache yet but I am a bit behind you. Hope you manage to find something to ease it, hot water bottle maybe or a bit of stretching?

AFM - I'm starting to feel a bit more human - woop! Very few food aversions going on now although I'm still pretty tired. I'm sleeping really well, apart from the usual pee in the night, lots of weird dreams too! And......3 days till my dating scan!!

klabro - I haven't had any lower back aches yet but I know it's coming. I've had a weird ache in my pelvic bone on the left side though.

nanajoy - congrats on a good appointment! I had the quad test done today but it must be a different test as this one only tests for a few genetic disorders and not the sex.

mrs unicorn - yay for feeling human! I hope the next 3 days pass quickly!

afm - I had my first appointment at the MFM today and found out we are having our first GIRL! :cloud9:. I'm not getting my hopes up though until they say the same for my next ultrasound. We discussed my need for induction with my last son (my placenta failed at 36 weeks) and I will have a better understanding of how this pregnancy is to be managed at my next visit.

Sweet v - wow a girl, congratulations!!! I think that's our first gender 'reveal' on this thread!

AFM - 1 day till my scan! DH and I are so excited!!

Congrats sweet v! Girls are a ton of fun. I bet you'll have great fun picking out all the girly stuff.

Hi girls, we saw baby m today! Proper little wriggler but it meant we got a really good look at them! So amazing seeing them wriggle around and suck their thumb :cloud9: everything looks great though! Been put back 3 days which isn't a surprise, infact I od 3 days late so it's perfect. New EDD of 9th April. Cannot wait!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 2
Thanks!!
Congrats mrs unicorn! That is such a clear picture.

SweetV- a little girl sounds like so much fun! I'm the only lady in my household, so I certainly wouldn't mind if we have a similar outcome. Then again, my boys have my ��!
Mrs. Unicorn- live the new pix! Wriggles are good!

I scheduled fetal heart tones for the past couple of weeks and next week before my vacation and official MFM and OB appts and each time they couldn't find the hb, so we "HAD" to do ultrasounds. Not complaining. Got to see our gummi bear another couple of times which gives me such peace of mind.

I'm at the tail end of the April rainbows, so I am sure you are all settling into a slower pace of check ups and scans (maybe?). How is everything going? Do you live somewhere where it is getting cold? I'm from Florida, but live in Indiana, so I'm never ready for winter, but fall has snuck up on us and winter will be knocking soon.

Nanajoy - so glad that all is progressing nicely! And having more ultrasounds is the best isn't it?

I live the north east of the U.K. and it's definitely starting to feel like autumn. We have the heating on now, which I love! Although I hate the dark mornings and early evenings. It's almost dark at 7pm now :nope:

AFM - things are fairly quiet. We've told all our family and close friends, which was fantastic. My bump is growing - I'm surprised I'm showing already! Although they did mention my placenta is anterior at the moment so maybe that is contributing?

How is everyone else doing? There must be a few in the second tri now? I'll be joining you next week!

Hi all.
Nana- more scans is always an exciting thing. I almost got one last week for the same reason but my Dr found heartbeat last minute. So now I won't have one til November.

Mrs unicorn- your scan pic is so clear!

I hit second tri on Saturday. It's nice and worry does go down a bit. I feel like in so.some ways things are slow and other ways going incredibly fast. I have a few things to buy. When do you all plan to start purchasing things?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->