March babies, our time has finally come!

Good luck Blessed- how are you feeling today??xx

How are we all doing this fine day?

Who am I kidding this sucks! I want the baby to come out now. The acid, the contractions, the discomfort, I want to be done with pregnancy now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks ladies!~
had contractions yesterday for a while but stayed irregular. just stopped after a while. woke up crampy this morning. DH is keeping his phone close just in case. i had false labor a lot with my 2nd baby, really sucked. hope this isnt gonna go down that same road. i guess monday would be the latest i would have to put up with it.

thought about doing some acupressure. its supposed to get things going within 48 hrs. i did it with my first for one day and went into labor at 5:30am the next morning. not sure if i want to do that or just wait til monday though. guess i better decide soon!

how is everyone doing today???? hope everyone is feeling better:hugs:

thanks ladies!~
had contractions yesterday for a while but stayed irregular. just stopped after a while. woke up crampy this morning. DH is keeping his phone close just in case. i had false labor a lot with my 2nd baby, really sucked. hope this isnt gonna go down that same road. i guess monday would be the latest i would have to put up with it.

thought about doing some acupressure. its supposed to get things going within 48 hrs. i did it with my first for one day and went into labor at 5:30am the next morning. not sure if i want to do that or just wait til monday though. guess i better decide soon!

Give me some more information on this acupressure?

let me just say having a cold sucks :(

hope everyone is doing okay and good luck to those who have been having labor signs and those that have upcoming inductions :)

i looked it up on google, acupressure for inducing labor. theres a few ways you can do it. i rubbed between my thumb and forefinger off and on and somewhere around my ankle off and on. but i think there are other ways too. the different ways you do it are either supposed to start contractions, make you efface and dilate, or make baby descend into the pelvis. if i remember right the spot between thumb and forefinger are supposed to start contractions. that was the main one i did. you kinda pinch that skin for 1-5 minutes then rest 1-5 minutes and do it again. i did it for an entire day and went into labor the next day. i think if you have contractions right away you are supposed to stop rubbing during the contraction and start again when it stops. it is supposed to work within minutes to 48 hours, but i dont know anyone else who has done it so dont know if it works all the time or not. certainly did for me when i tried it.

https://www.buzzle.com/articles/acupressure-points-to-induce-labor.html

here is one website on it. there are videos too on youtube.

edit: i did want to add that you might want to make sure you are full term and ready. when i used it i was 37+5 and really thought it would not work. i figured if i was not close to starting labor anyways it really wouldnt matter. i had dd at 37+6, which she was healthy and all, but im glad i didnt start it earlier! i figured i would have to do it like a week so i started early and had her the next day...

https://www.buzzle.com/articles/acupressure-points-to-induce-labor.html

here is one website on it. there are videos too on youtube.

edit: i did want to add that you might want to make sure you are full term and ready. when i used it i was 37+5 and really thought it would not work. i figured if i was not close to starting labor anyways it really wouldnt matter. i had dd at 37+6, which she was healthy and all, but im glad i didnt start it earlier! i figured i would have to do it like a week so i started early and had her the next day...

Thanks :flower: I am full term, and I am ready. After all of these instances of "false labor" i'm really ready to get it over with. Plus baby is measuring as if she's not growing and since I don't have a window to the uterus they're making me come in over and over to check to see if she's still growing. If she's NOT growing after the scan today I'll start the acupressure.

Anyone else noticed an increase in headaches in the 3rd tri?
It's just been this week actually but they are driving me mad.

Also I seem really sensitive to smells again - feel like I'm re-living the 1st tri.

xx

Is it completely insane to hope that I just took my last bump pic at 36 weeks??

thanks ladies!~

here is another link!
https://www.suite101.com/content/pressure-points-to-induce-labor-a11492

this one looks good! https://acupuncture.rhizome.net.nz/Acupressure/induce.aspx
This is me, I will be induced and was looking for a way to ripen the cervix and make it easier!
Acupressure Prior To A Medical Induction

If it is seen as necessary by a woman's midwife or doctor to medically induce labour the use of acupressure as outlined above can be commenced three days prior to the medical induction. The aim of the acupressure is to help establish contractions and promote cervical dilation. Even if labour does not commence spontaneously, feedback from midwives suggest that a woman's cervix is more favourable following acupressure and that there is an increased chance of a woman progressing through the induction with minimal intervention.

thanks ladies!~

here is another link!
https://www.suite101.com/content/pressure-points-to-induce-labor-a11492

this one looks good! https://acupuncture.rhizome.net.nz/Acupressure/induce.aspx
This is me, I will be induced and was looking for a way to ripen the cervix and make it easier!
Acupressure Prior To A Medical Induction

If it is seen as necessary by a woman's midwife or doctor to medically induce labour the use of acupressure as outlined above can be commenced three days prior to the medical induction. The aim of the acupressure is to help establish contractions and promote cervical dilation. Even if labour does not commence spontaneously, feedback from midwives suggest that a woman's cervix is more favourable following acupressure and that there is an increased chance of a woman progressing through the induction with minimal intervention.

thanks hun! thats what i figure too. since i will be induced on monday either way im not focusing on doing acupressure all day today, but hey it did work for me that other time. and if it doesnt induce this time at least it cant hurt anything, will only help! since im already dilated to 3 and 80% effaced it probably wont take much during induction, but still. 2 of my 4 kids will be gone over the weekend so it would be easier on hubby if labor started sooner, lol! good luck to anyone trying it!

35 weeks tomorrow!!! :wohoo: :happydance: :headspin: :headspin: :happydance: :wohoo:

just feel its a milestone and wanted to shout it from the rooftops!!! :D

Bought some EPO (500mg) today, takes a few days to ship probably so I'll start taking 1 capsule orally from 35 weeks.
:thumbup:

Had 34 week appointment yesterday, and I'm so excited cause my baby has hair :yipee:
She's still head down and she had dropped a little, as I noticed my belly being a little more low and the fundal height was a little smaller than usual.
So hopefully she'll lock her self into place soon!

thinking about you tanikit! hope your induction is going very well!!!!!:happydance:

[/QUOTE]

thanks hun! thats what i figure too. since i will be induced on monday either way im not focusing on doing acupressure all day today, but hey it did work for me that other time. and if it doesnt induce this time at least it cant hurt anything, will only help! since im already dilated to 3 and 80% effaced it probably wont take much during induction, but still. 2 of my 4 kids will be gone over the weekend so it would be easier on hubby if labor started sooner, lol! good luck to anyone trying it![/QUOTE]

What way did you do it! just a few minutes at a time every hour or for an hour! Im deffo going to give it a go before mine! make the whole induction process easier and quicker!

3cm and 80% sure 1 cm more and its established labour :happydance: I love to know what mine is doing!

I started EPO a week ago, might try them internally next week!

Im home now! DR was happy with BP readings, they didnt go as high as monday night so all good. I have had progress too..... ive had a show! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->