March babies, our time has finally come!

prayerfulhope- at least you are past 37 weeks hun. if they have to induce or if baby comes now it should be ok. i read all about the hydration thing too. you have to drink like 2 liters of water in 2 hours to get it to go up and it goes back down pretty rapidly. my last afi was 4.39. baby seriously has no fluid in there. there was 3 by his legs and i by his butt. nothing butt cord by his head. somehow he still gets the hiccups so must be getting some. do you know if yours is head down? thankfully mine is or it would mean c-section for sure. thay cant turn with little fluid. pre-term labor is a complication of it too, so you could really go at any time. i would definitely have everything ready to go! did they check baby's weight, cord, kidneys, etc to make sure baby is at least getting adequate nutrients/oxygen??? i guess if the cord or placenta isnt working properly it can cause low fluid but will also affect the baby by slowing growth. my situation is weird. baby is about a week behind but thats all. he is still putting on weight, has good hb, kidneys, etc. the kidneys not working can also be a reason for low fluid. they even checked to see if my water had broke and was leaking, but it hasnt. hang in there hun!!!

Baby is measuring between 34-35 weeks, which is cause for concern when coupled with the decreasing fluid. She's only 5lbs and a few ounces. :( I'm not leaking so I seriously have no idea where the fluid is going :shrug:

it's good that your baby is measuring well, healthy babies!! That's all we want, right?
Are you all set up? We're all finished washing/prepping stuff so everything is ready just not all put away :rofl:

prayerfulhope- at least you are past 37 weeks hun. if they have to induce or if baby comes now it should be ok. i read all about the hydration thing too. you have to drink like 2 liters of water in 2 hours to get it to go up and it goes back down pretty rapidly. my last afi was 4.39. baby seriously has no fluid in there. there was 3 by his legs and i by his butt. nothing butt cord by his head. somehow he still gets the hiccups so must be getting some. do you know if yours is head down? thankfully mine is or it would mean c-section for sure. thay cant turn with little fluid. pre-term labor is a complication of it too, so you could really go at any time. i would definitely have everything ready to go! did they check baby's weight, cord, kidneys, etc to make sure baby is at least getting adequate nutrients/oxygen??? i guess if the cord or placenta isnt working properly it can cause low fluid but will also affect the baby by slowing growth. my situation is weird. baby is about a week behind but thats all. he is still putting on weight, has good hb, kidneys, etc. the kidneys not working can also be a reason for low fluid. they even checked to see if my water had broke and was leaking, but it hasnt. hang in there hun!!!

Baby is measuring between 34-35 weeks, which is cause for concern when coupled with the decreasing fluid. She's only 5lbs and a few ounces. :( I'm not leaking so I seriously have no idea where the fluid is going :shrug:

it's good that your baby is measuring well, healthy babies!! That's all we want, right?
Are you all set up? We're all finished washing/prepping stuff so everything is ready just not all put away :rofl:

oh yeah hun, we have been ready for a while now. hubby just went today and got our last grocery run before induction on monday. i saw you are due one day after me, mine is measuring about 36 weeks. i hope they dont let you go to far without inducing if she is not putting on any weight. she may do better on the outside than the inside at that point. my OB told me she would have induced immediately if there were any problems in conjunction with the low fluid. so if he would have been smaller than he was, not growing enough on the scan, irregular hb, or any other problems i would have not made it this far. he has not been moving much, but i guess thats to be expected with no fluid to move in. when he does move though i feel every bit of it, OUCH! theres just no cushion between us, lol!

Ladies need to ask.... Does having back pain mean that baby is back to back or can you get back pain during labour when baby isn't back to back?

I am having really bad back pains, had dull ache all day and i am getting more intence pain coming and going - not timed them yet though.

I am also getting tightenings across my bump which are uncomfortable not painful.

Can anyone help? x

Ladies need to ask.... Does having back pain mean that baby is back to back or can you get back pain during labour when baby isn't back to back?

I am having really bad back pains, had dull ache all day and i am getting more intence pain coming and going - not timed them yet though.

I am also getting tightenings across my bump which are uncomfortable not painful.

Can anyone help? x

Hi hun - no personal experience but as far as I am aware, backache can just be part of labour and doesn't necessarily mean baby is back to back

I think you should defo start timing and see how it goes. xx

Can anyone help? x

Hi hun - no personal experience but as far as I am aware, backache can just be part of labour and doesn't necessarily mean baby is back to back

I think you should defo start timing and see how it goes. xx

Thankyou! I was thinking you would just get pains in your back if baby was back to back and he isnt back to back (well wasn't yesterday anyway). I shall have to start timing then! xx

i think my baby is going to come in April... just to be different we are ALLLLL in March lol. feels like ages but the days individually are flying by. Good luck to everyone xxxx

Well ladies, I went to the hospital and I'm not in labour (which, considering I'm not quite 37 weeks is no bad thing)....they monitored baby (all good) and could see my tightenings but I'm not leaking fluid (after a slightly wincing internal and speculum) and my cervix is still long and closed....which I thought was odd given that something mus ave caused me to lose my plug right?

Any hoo, back home now .... Must admit I was slightly disappointed but the longer bubs holds on tight the better I guess. Still getting regular tightenings (although now not sure whether they are actual contractions or just intense BH?) .... My instinct still tells me something is afoot but we'll have to wait and see.

Thanks for all your well wishes :hugs: xxxx

Well girls, scratch that, I WAS in very early labour!! Was thrown a surprise baby shower by my husband on Saturday 12th....2am Sunday morning was when we started timing contractions. By 11am we were in the hospital and by 2pm-ish they confirmed that us WAS my waters on Friday and that I had managed 4-5cm at home without so much as a paracetemol!! Because my waters had gone early they put me on antibiotics and an inducement drip.... Managed 8cm before I reached my threshold and agreed to an epidural.

Pushed out my gorgeous daughter, face up, at 1.50am on Valentines Day morning - the most amazing experience of my life. She was a very healthy 7lb 2 and we are now at home, recouperating with Daddy and getting settled. Will post a proper birth story soon and some pics.

Hope you are all well xxxx

congrats MrsH!! I will look out for your full story and pics xx

congratulations MrsH :thumbup:

getting more n more exited after seeing new mummies :winkwink:

I can't describe how I feel right now,.... It is awesome and wonderful and overwhelming and the best thing I have ever done in my entire life :D

Ps: we called her Myka xxx

aweeee grats MrsH <33333333 gorgeous name! :) awwwww *hugs* so happy for you!!!

:yipee: congrats!!

Can't believe SO many march babies are coming early!
I've had it stuck in my head that our baby will come early too, for the longest time.. weird!

38weeks and 2days.jpg

Pic taken last night! He has dropped dont you think? I am having lots of pains, i have already had a show earlier in the week too and my cervix as started to open and soften. Do you think he is ready to come out?? xx

View attachment 171573

Pic taken last night! He has dropped dont you think? I am having lots of pains, i have already had a show earlier in the week too and my cervix as started to open and soften. Do you think he is ready to come out?? xx

might be hun!!! only time will tell, cant wait to hear!!!:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->