March babies, our time has finally come!

Congratulations invisiblerain! :hugs:

Annunakian at least you're dilated! I'm still closed and less than 50%. BOOOO!

Congratulations Fabby :) , I don't think you posted on here about the birth otherwise I would have updated sorry!
congrats invisiblerain :)

Congrats Fabby!! What's it like being a mommy?

Got checked today, 1cm dilated and baby is +1 station, glad she is getting ready!
And the midwife dropped off the birthing kit too..yay.

I found Fabby's announcment so updated the list!

Saw mw's today they dropped off the homebirth kit and did antenatal check all is well with me and baby just waiting until he is ready to come now, Am very exciting and hope he doesn't keep me waiting too long dd was born at 38+2 but I know that doesn't mean this baby will come before due date.

congrats to all who have had their LO's! how exciting.

Congrats Mommies. :D

PH, I swear I'm only dilated because she shoves a fist up there every time she does an internal. :wacko:

PH, I swear I'm only dilated because she shoves a fist up there every time she does an internal. :wacko:

:haha:
I felt the same , I felt like she shoved her whole hand up in there :haha:

Oh :dohh: I've been refusing internals and only let them do one to see if I would be a good candidate for induction when LO was having problems earlier this week. Maybe if I let them check me every time I would have more success :haha::haha::haha:

So as per MW suggestion I'm trying black cohosh. Only a small amount, not near the "recommended" as I'm wary of herbal remedies:flower: I'll let you all know if I go into labor within the next 24 hours :rofl:

Has anyone in the UK been offered internals? I never have and I very much doubt I will be. Is it a US thing?

Has anyone in the UK been offered internals? I never have and I very much doubt I will be. Is it a US thing?

Yeah its not done routinely here thankfully. They won't tend to do them until you're in labour x

Yeah its not done routinely here thankfully. They won't tend to do them until you're in labour x

I was wondering as everyone seems to be going on about it. I wouldn't have it done anyway so it's no loss :)

Oh :dohh: I've been refusing internals and only let them do one to see if I would be a good candidate for induction when LO was having problems earlier this week. Maybe if I let them check me every time I would have more success :haha::haha::haha:

So as per MW suggestion I'm trying black cohosh. Only a small amount, not near the "recommended" as I'm wary of herbal remedies:flower: I'll let you all know if I go into labor within the next 24 hours :rofl:

I've only had three (I think) so far. I was anxious anyway to find out my progress but man do I hate going through them. She does a sweep too right away. Nothing is working on this little girl! I've got every one in my apartment complex and DS bus driver asking why I'm still around. lol

What's black cohosh?

In the US you usually get checked every appointment from like 36 weeks on.
But I have a midwife and she usually doesn't check until you're in labor, but she just did the strep B swab and asked me if I wanted her to check me or not, so I just said sure, cause I was curious.
This is probably the only one I'm going to have, maybe around 40 weeks one more or so.

I was supposed to delivering a little earlier than EDD but after yesterday's visit to my Doc, the tables have turned. LO is in a Posterior Position so most likely I will go past my EDD. Doctor will not give me a sweep or induce as it may cause more problems due to how baby is positioned. LO is a little on the larger size as compared to my size so we can't want too long after EDD to decide the next course of action. Hopefully he turns and all will be well. If he doesn't, I have to expect a very long and extra painful birth with assisted vacuum or go for a C Sec. Am worried but now trying to turn my baby by doing exercises.

Yes, Typically in the US they check your cervix, but the US is known highly for early induction and things like that, especially if you let them check your cervix and they tell you you are a "good candidate" for induction, most pregnant women who are frustrated and over it will likely take the induction rather than waiting until they are 40 weeks.
I however have been refusing the checks because I don't need them and there is no actual indication of when labor will start naturally based on how dilated you are leading up to active labor.

I've only had three (I think) so far. I was anxious anyway to find out my progress but man do I hate going through them. She does a sweep too right away. Nothing is working on this little girl! I've got every one in my apartment complex and DS bus driver asking why I'm still around. lol

What's black cohosh?

Black cohosh is an herb that some midwives use to help ripen the cervix and get contractions started, as a way to induce labor without going in for an induction. It's very specific to you how you take it and for how long, some women start taking it in small doses at 37 weeks and up the dose as they get farther along, and some start with a more intense dose to quickly ripen the cervix and get labor started. I'm doing just half, until I get to my due date and then I'll do the full dose, hopefully to avoid going too far over due!

Yes, Typically in the US they check your cervix, but the US is known highly for early induction and things like that, especially if you let them check your cervix and they tell you you are a "good candidate" for induction, most pregnant women who are frustrated and over it will likely take the induction rather than waiting until they are 40 weeks.
I however have been refusing the checks because I don't need them and there is no actual indication of when labor will start naturally based on how dilated you are leading up to active labor.

What's black cohosh?

Black cohosh is an herb that some midwives use to help ripen the cervix and get contractions started, as a way to induce labor without going in for an induction. It's very specific to you how you take it and for how long, some women start taking it in small doses at 37 weeks and up the dose as they get farther along, and some start with a more intense dose to quickly ripen the cervix and get labor started. I'm doing just half, until I get to my due date and then I'll do the full dose, hopefully to avoid going too far over due!

Good luck!

As awful as this pregnancy has been, I wish I even had the option of waiting until she came on her own but with the GD and all they get paranoid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->