March babies, our time has finally come!

Fabby I am not sure I trust ultrasound scan measurements anymore - I have been having growth scans all the way through this pregnancy and these have been my measurements:

33 weeks: baby weighed 2,3kg (5lbs)
35 weeks: baby weighed 3,3kg (7 pounds 5 ounces)
37 weeks: baby weighed about 3,55kg (it varied from 3,4 to 3,7kg) (about 7 pounds 12 ounces)

I do not see how a baby can grow 2 pounds 5 ounces in 2 weeks and then the next 2 weeks only grow 7 ounces! I know it gets harder at the end to know for sure, but I am guessing she could weigh anything around there. If the measurements really are accurate then it would explain why it is so hard to predict final size since they seem to have huge growth spurts and you may find your baby slows down.

Fabby I am not sure I trust ultrasound scan measurements anymore - I have been having growth scans all the way through this pregnancy and these have been my measurements:

33 weeks: baby weighed 2,3kg (5lbs)
35 weeks: baby weighed 3,3kg (7 pounds 5 ounces)
37 weeks: baby weighed about 3,55kg (it varied from 3,4 to 3,7kg) (about 7 pounds 12 ounces)

I do not see how a baby can grow 2 pounds 5 ounces in 2 weeks and then the next 2 weeks only grow 7 ounces! I know it gets harder at the end to know for sure, but I am guessing she could weigh anything around there. If the measurements really are accurate then it would explain why it is so hard to predict final size since they seem to have huge growth spurts and you may find your baby slows down.

Thankyou. We will see monday how much he has gained in the last 6 days, that should give us a good indication. This will be the 4th growth scan so we can look back and compare and see the average weight gain per week.

I bet you are really excited for next week! Is your LO engaged yet? May come off her own accord! xx

I haven't had a cervix check - they don't do them here unless you are in labour, but I know she is engaged based on what happened at the last scan - they couldn't get her head measurement properly cause she was deep in my pelvis and he even tried to get her out a bit but she'd have none of it. Yes, I am excited and also nervous. Still hoping she may come by herself, but she is running out of time.

Good luck for your scan - hope it goes well and that baby is doing what he should.

I haven't had a cervix check - they don't do them here unless you are in labour, but I know she is engaged based on what happened at the last scan - they couldn't get her head measurement properly cause she was deep in my pelvis and he even tried to get her out a bit but she'd have none of it. Yes, I am excited and also nervous. Still hoping she may come by herself, but she is running out of time.

Good luck for your scan - hope it goes well and that baby is doing what he should.

So she is enagaged then? Thats what i asked ya! Baby brain i will let you off :haha: My baby is 3/5ths engaged and they were still able to do the head measurement for me on tuesday, suppose it depends on the sonographer maybe. That could be why the weight on your last scan wasn't as much as previous weight gains if they werent able to get all the measurements right... maybe? xx

16 days today!! :D YAY!!!

(Sorry little bit hyper haha)

Also I have a question when they say baby is 4/5ths engaged does that mean only 1 part of the head is engaged and the rest is free or 4 parts of the head is engaged? Seriously confusing. :|

I can't wait for my baby to come along......I am so bored waiting around!
I've still got 4 weeks and 3 days till my due date...and knowing my luck he will come late.

I also found my first stretch marks on my stomach :dohh: he will be worth them all though :happydance:

Fabby they did get a head measurement but it is far less accurate - to get one they use the widest diameter they can find, but usually on the scan the head will appear more flattened as it is hard to get the transducer to show the full head circumference.

Yazz not 100% sure but I think you are right about the engagement.

Claire your baby will be here before you know it - also seen stretch marks in the last two weeks or so - its sad they stay away until the last few weeks and then hit with avengence but yes, its definitely worth it.

Fabby they did get a head measurement but it is far less accurate - to get one they use the widest diameter they can find, but usually on the scan the head will appear more flattened as it is hard to get the transducer to show the full head circumference.

Yazz not 100% sure but I think you are right about the engagement.

Claire your baby will be here before you know it - also seen stretch marks in the last two weeks or so - its sad they stay away until the last few weeks and then hit with avengence but yes, its definitely worth it.

That's okay then, I was getting quite worried thinking LO only had 1 part left to get engaged lol!!

Stretch marks aren't that bad, :D they do dispear eventually! I have a few scary purple ones that I noticed yesterday. :dohh:

yazz, your best asking your mw, apparently baby doesnt go past 3/5ths until in active labour, so it seems as though your mw is saying baby is 4/5ths palable - 1/5th engaged. Xx

My doctor told me she doesn't do growth scans less than 3 weeks apart, because then it is just confusing with all the results. I wonder if that is why yours were so weird tanikit? I agree i don't think they are very accurate.

Not long to go! Yippeeeee...went into hospital on Tuesday and finally was released yesterday. It's been a very stressful few days.

I went into false labour on Thurs :( Contracting regularly...cervix was soft and I was dilating etc...and it all stopped!! Grrr!! Still having contractions now though...so hopefully not to long to go!!

Marchmummy11 sounds like it won't be long then - its frustrating when things start and then stop like that though.

I'd love to go into labour on my own this time - just to compare, see the look of shock on OH's face, etc etc. This is the first pg I've ever had BH, does that mean I'm more likely to start????

I had my baby boy by emergency c section and he was 5lbs. 2oz. & 17 1/4th inches long

Congrats cupcake momma, enjoy your little one, he's gorgeous!

Congrats cupcake momma he is gorgeous! Hoping you recover soon from the C-section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->