March...Hoping for some Irish luck to bring us little Charms

beaglemom

1st Time Mom to IVF Baby
Reaction score
It's a new month & I love how new months feel in general. My work is very month by month driven. So the first Monday is like a new start!

Just a little back ground on me, I am currently awaiting IUI #2. Should be this week. I am currently on clomid CD 5-9 50 mg; only known fertility issue is low count.

I have a few ladies who will be following me over from another thread, but we always enjoy new people to stop by. The theme of this thread is POSITIVITY! We are here to support each other no matter what our current TTC journey. Whether this is month #1 or month #48, clomid or unmedicated, IUI or natural, any age, or if you have experienced a loss. We have formed a nice group to bounce ideas off of, share experiences, lift us up when we aren't quite so positive, & sometimes just to listen to our ramblings!

So if you are just looking for someone to listen & want some positive vibes, please feel free to join us. And of course our overall mission this month...
:bfp:

I am really hoping this cycle brings me a Thanksgiving baby!!!

I have jumped over as well!! Definitely feeling positive this month. After another cyst cycle I have gotten the greenlight to push forward with IUI #3. They upped my clomid to 150, scan on Thursday to check out the follies. If things go as in the past, the IUI will likely be Saturday.

FXed for all of us this month - and hoping for good vibes from Chimi Lhakhang!!

Hi ladies! A new thread for a new positive start to March!

A bit about me: ttc since early last spring, had an early m/c in December at 6 weeks and now hoping for my rainbow baby. I am currently 6dpo and can't wait to test.

Hoping to see lots of BFPs this month for some special holiday babies! :)

I'm hopping over as well. Feeling pretty good about this month. HSG on Friday (maybe it'll give me a little clearing-out :winkwink:), and 50mg clomid starting Fri as well. It got me prego once, it'll get me prego again, I'm sure.

If March is unsuccessful, I've already chosen a FS to start seeing in April. Feeling good about taking action. But I'm hoping March is my month. I am 3/4 Irish, after all. :winkwink:

I assume I have some Irish somewhere...I have the red hair...but I also have some Spanish decent so who knows where the red hair came from...I am hoping to have a red head baby :)

New thread new month new chance at a BFP!

A little update on me since I have not been on much. AF only lasted 2-3 days which is weird for me :shrug: I got my fertile cm in the mail just now!!! Going to try that and see how it helps along with the EPO. Also got a brand new bottle of preseed. Going to use it as directed. I have been using less than I should but going to try the recommended dosage at least once. If I need to adjust I will after. DH and I have decided to try timed intercourse instead of IUI. I think since there is not a real issue with either one of us why not try a mixture of both. But we will do the trigger shot to know when O is occurring.

Hoping that this month brings us some BFPs!!

It nice to have a new thread, thanks beaglemom!

I have been busy these last few days with my new piglets. My sow had 10 on saturday! It is so exciting to ser the birth and they are so cute. Its been a great distraction from the tww. I tried to post a pic but it wouldnt work, i wanted to show them off!

Im on 5dpo and eating pineapple every morning but tomorrow will be my last day. I figure since i really like it, it cant hurt. I am going to test sunday (if i make it). My temps have been like .5 degrees higher this month post-o. Is that a good thing?

I have been following you guys but never jumped in. So this is my 7th month TTC and I am hoping for the best birthday present ever. I also wish all of you guys the best of luck and will continue to follow you all throughout your journey.

Hello ladies.. hoping over. i am cd 20. ovulated cd 14. usually ovulate cd 17 with a 34 day cycle just waiting to test!

how is everyone doing?

New thread new month new chance at a BFP!

A little update on me since I have not been on much. AF only lasted 2-3 days which is weird for me :shrug: I got my fertile cm in the mail just now!!! Going to try that and see how it helps along with the EPO. Also got a brand new bottle of preseed. Going to use it as directed. I have been using less than I should but going to try the recommended dosage at least once. If I need to adjust I will after. DH and I have decided to try timed intercourse instead of IUI. I think since there is not a real issue with either one of us why not try a mixture of both. But we will do the trigger shot to know when O is occurring.

Hoping that this month brings us some BFPs!!

I have been gradually increasing the amount of preseed we use each time, that way it doesn't get too messy. Looks like you have a great plan this month.

Hoping to see some positive results from everyone soon!

Curly, that is so cool about your sow. My mom had goats once that were pregnant & they all delivered on Valentine's day.

I thought I heard not to eat the pineapple after 5 dpo. But I don't see it anywhere that it can hurt. However, make sure not to eat it during the first half of your cycle. It can cause an acidic environment that is not sperm friendly.

My monitor still said high today. But my test stick looked kind of funny. Usually I can see a clear line or 2 in the window on the stick. But today it seemed cloudy with the dye. So it could have been a fluke test...but I did not get an error on the monitor. I am not too concerned, because I will be doing the opks today as well. I think last cycle my peak was on CD 16...also the same day as my pos opk...but I had not tested the night before. So we will see what happens today. I really expect to be getting the IUI either tomorrow or Thursday. I am pretty excited.

We have not been able to get a lot of BD in. Last night would have been good timing, but I was falling asleep on the couch before we even went to bed.

On another note, anoyone on clomid have crazy dreams? Or does anyone have crazy dreams around O? I just seem to have pretty weird/vivid dreams lately. It has been going on for a few cycles. I think it is the hormones. They are not necessarily baby dreams...just odd in general.

Beaglemom, hope you get a positive opk later today! I am not on clomid but I had a crazy dream last night. I was with my parents and they were looking at a stick they found trying to figure out what it was, I realized it was my hpt so I grabbed it and ran into my bedroom and locked the door. It was positive! I don't remember anything else except being in some bar where people were dancing and I recognized a few friends we were watching dance. Very strange dreams. Woke up to some uncomfortable cramping so now I am a bit worried since I usually get AF between 24-26 days and it is CD27 (7dpo)...relaxing and hoping my dream comes true...well not the part about my parents finding my hpt!

Beaglemom, hope you get a positive opk later today! I am not on clomid but I had a crazy dream last night. I was with my parents and they were looking at a stick they found trying to figure out what it was, I realized it was my hpt so I grabbed it and ran into my bedroom and locked the door. It was positive! I don't remember anything else except being in some bar where people were dancing and I recognized a few friends we were watching dance. Very strange dreams. Woke up to some uncomfortable cramping so now I am a bit worried since I usually get AF between 24-26 days and it is CD27 (7dpo)...relaxing and hoping my dream comes true...well not the part about my parents finding my hpt!

I know it's hard, but try to relax. Sometimes I get AF like cramps early on as well. Another thing to think about is implantation. Usually it is around 7-10 dpo (I think)...you can feel cramps around that time. But if AF does show, you def have something to discuss with your dr concerning your lp.

So I got a pos opk at 9:30!!! I have everything scheduled...but I am taking another test next bathroom break to confirm. I wish I had taken 2...I used to poas kind not the dip stick. So I will use the dip later to confirm. I am pretty excited about it.

:wave: Hi everyone! I'm going to join you guys even though I'm still not allowed to ttc yet until next cycle per my RE.

Here's a little background/intro on me for those of you who don't know me:

I'm 35 (turning 36 in June) and DH is 34 (turning 35 in June). We've been married since 2005 but only started ttc'ing since mid July last year. Four months into the ttc journey I started getting impatient and decided to see a RE to get some tests done. All tests came back normal so the next step was to schedule a HSG. At the HSG it was revealed that I had Asherman's Syndrome (uterine scarring) so we scheduled a hysteroscopy to remove the scarring. However, I ovulated the day after my HSG and got pregnant before I had a chance to do the hysteroscopy.

Unfortunately I miscarried - we saw the heartbeat at 6w4d but it was low at only 90 bpm. One week later it was down to less than 60. Two more weeks later it had stopped and I had a D&C on 1/14. :cry:

I've been waiting for my body to go back to normal ever since. I was going back to the doctor's office once a week to do a repeat hCG. It went from 57.7 three weeks after the D&C, to 12.9 five weeks afterwards, to 7.9 last Monday to 5.23 yesterday. My doctor was perplexed why it was taking so long to drop back down. He said it's possible that I just have a higher than normal baseline of hCG as some people always have a low amount of hCG in their system produced by their pituitary glands but since I never had my beta tested when I was not pregnant it's impossible to tell if it's that or something more serious like a placental tumor. We're going to wait another week to see if it drops below 2 (he'd like to see the number below 2) and if not, he'll probably give me methotrexate (the same drug they give for an ectopic pregnancy). I hope I won't have to go down that road.

He also wants to do a SHG (sonohysterogram) next cycle to see how the uterine cavity looks (make sure the scarring was gone - removed during the D&C) and make sure the lining is good and rebuilt before giving me the OK to ttc again. He said sometimes the lining still looks a little iffy after the first period and SHG will pick up things that's not really there so he wants to wait till next cycle to do the SHG.

I'm defeated that we have to wait another cycle but he believes we'll have a higher chance of another miscarriage if we get pregnant again without these other issues taken care of first.

So even though we're not officially ttc'ing this cycle I'm still going to temp, exercise, do my massages, and take my vitamins and supplements and track my progress/ovulation to make sure everything's back on track for next cycle.

And I'll be cheering for you guys as well! :)

Floridasian...I know it seems like a long road, but I agree that in the long run, you are better off taking this route. It should only make you feel more excited about the next cycle because your body should be better prepared for a pregnancy.

I am sorry this mc has seemed to slow you down so much more than other people. But before you know it, you will be back on track!

I know it's hard, but try to relax. Sometimes I get AF like cramps early on as well. Another thing to think about is implantation. Usually it is around 7-10 dpo (I think)...you can feel cramps around that time. But if AF does show, you def have something to discuss with your dr concerning your lp.

So I got a pos opk at 9:30!!! I have everything scheduled...but I am taking another test next bathroom break to confirm. I wish I had taken 2...I used to poas kind not the dip stick. So I will use the dip later to confirm. I am pretty excited about it.

Great news! Glad to see you got your +opk this morning, this thread is already bringing some good luck!

I am trying hard to relax, worrying isn't going to help my situation. If it is meant to be, it will happen! :)

Floridasian, I am so sorry for your loss. I am going to agree with beaglemom and your RE...even though it is a long wait, it will be worth it to have a healed body so that is it perfect for a snuggling bean! Hopefully your next appointment goes well and you are able to get his ok to ttc soon. Please keep us posted with how everything goes.

Thanks beaglemom and savvy. It's definitely a huge set back. I feel like I've been robbed 5 months out of my decreasing child-bearing years. However it's also given me a chance to heal and take care of myself and my fertility.

beaglemom - sorry your IUI didn't work out the first month. Best of luck to you this cycle. Are you still on Clomid?

savvy - your temps look good but it looks like your LP is on the short side based on your last cycle. Have you tried taking anything to lengthen it?

Thanks beaglemom and savvy. It's definitely a huge set back. I feel like I've been robbed 5 months out of my decreasing child-bearing years. However it's also given me a chance to heal and take care of myself and my fertility.

beaglemom - sorry your IUI didn't work out the first month. Best of luck to you this cycle. Are you still on Clomid?

savvy - your temps look good but it looks like your LP is on the short side based on your last cycle. Have you tried taking anything to lengthen it?

I am still on clomid 50 mg. Now I took another opk & I am second guessing myself :wacko:

If I do another one this afternoon & it doesn't look positive, I may call & ask to reschedule.

OPK's can be so confusing sometimes. Some months I'll have 5 straight days of positive and others they are all too-close-to-call! I'm still debating whether or not I should use them this cycle and just stick to temp'ing.

Oh I just saw that you've scheduled your IUI for tomorrow. Best of luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->