March...Hoping for some Irish luck to bring us little Charms

So I made a decision today. I am driving 8 hrs to Orlando to visit the Ripley's Believe it or Not fertility statues. I've known about them and actually planned to visit them the last time we were in FL but they were on tour. You can actually fax your hands to them and they will put them on the statue for you. Somehow since were started ttc again last July these have not crossed my mind again until now. My husband is working and we won't be able to go for a month if I wait on his schedule. So I will take a picture of his hands with me.

Anyways, I may be nuts. But I hope O will wait until after the weekend.

https://www.ripleys.com/weird/the-legend-of-the-fertility-statues/

https://www.ripleysnewsroom.com/statuesorlando/

Beaglemom, that is so cool! I remember they did a story on them on Unsolved Mysteries I watched back years ago. Now I wish I lived a lot closer to Florida, I would totally take a trip there. Can I send you a picture of my hands?? :) Totally kidding! Can't wait to hear back on how your trip goes!

Took a test yesterday and it was neg :(
Will take one tomorrow morning too but thinking that's going to be neg too

Took a test yesterday and it was neg :(
Will take one tomorrow morning too but thinking that's going to be neg too

I agree with Savvy, 12DPO is still early. Give it time...
We're all with you :hugs:

:dust:

Beaglemom, that is so cool! I remember they did a story on them on Unsolved Mysteries I watched back years ago. Now I wish I lived a lot closer to Florida, I would totally take a trip there. Can I send you a picture of my hands?? :) Totally kidding! Can't wait to hear back on how your trip goes!

I was going to ask if anyone wanted me to take their picture with me. But now I have a dilemma with the trip. Today we found a new age store. They have all kinds of things for spells & rituals. We asked about fertility. She has a fertility kit but didn't have any today. So she is going to make one up for us. She wants us to come back next weekend to pick it up...we have to be together...and she will go over it with us & I think she said she would turn some tarot cards. So I don't know if I can drive to FL & be back in time for that. We can't do it any other time because my husband has a crazy schedule at work because of inventory. And because of the store hours & they are an hour away from us, we would need to go on the weekend. It really sucks. If I had known something like this was around, I would have called her ahead of time to set it up for this weekend. But I am going to try to get it all in next weekend. She said not to rush to get there because it would cause stress. She doesn't know about my possible FL trip. I think I can do it, though.

Hey ladies! I've been keeping up with you guys on here but haven't posted much. As always, sending you great positive vibes, prayers, and baby dust.

Quick update on me...we got the SA results back and his boys are great! She didn't give me exact numbers but said there is absolutely nothing to worry about on that front! So that is great news, but I'm still left wondering...if that's not the reason, why isn't it happening for us? The good news is I haven't been worried about it lately because there's been a lot going on with my business which feels great! Having something else on the mind and lots to do really does a lot to cure the TTC blues I was feeling. The plan now is to give it a few cycles natural then if needed, go to a RE.

Erose I hope your surgery went well! You are in my thoughts. Keep us updated.

Hey ladies! I've been keeping up with you guys on here but haven't posted much. As always, sending you great positive vibes, prayers, and baby dust.

Quick update on me...we got the SA results back and his boys are great! She didn't give me exact numbers but said there is absolutely nothing to worry about on that front! So that is great news, but I'm still left wondering...if that's not the reason, why isn't it happening for us? The good news is I haven't been worried about it lately because there's been a lot going on with my business which feels great! Having something else on the mind and lots to do really does a lot to cure the TTC blues I was feeling. The plan now is to give it a few cycles natural then if needed, go to a RE.

Sarah, so glad you do not have a count issue. I hope you do not run into any other road blocks & are able to get your positive naturally.

Morning everyone - can't believe it's the last day of March already!

ERose - thinking of you this morning. Hope everything goes well for your surgery!! And I've heard that Ferama is supposed to have a lot less side effects than Clomid. If given a choice, Ferama is a better option. It's just more expensive (5 times the cost of Clomid) so it's not prescribed as often as Clomid.

misaacs - I'm glad someone's taking care of you after the surgery. DH stayed at home with me for half a day after my D&C just in case because the care instructions say to have someone be close to you for at least 24 hours afterwards. Still hoping you would get a BFP this cycle though!

Suzy & Savvy - fingers crossed for both of you on your TWW!

Moni - sorry AF got you. Looks like we're both starting a new cycle.

sarah - great news on the SA! One less thing you have to worry about!

Beaglemom - I lived in Orlando for 3.5 years and I've driven by Ripley's but I didn't know they had a thing for fertility. That's very interesting. I'll have to look into it.

Spent all day Saturday shopping. It was a 10 hour shopping trip. And of course AF arrived Saturday afternoon, in the middle of the shopping trip just as I predicted, ha! Last cycle (right after the D&C) my LP was only 12 days which is one day short. Looks like I'm back to my normal 13 day LP which is a sign that things are going back to normal so I'm happy about that. AF started light and is lasting a little longer than the last couple of months this time. I called the doctor's office and SHG is scheduled for Wednesday morning. I'm praying that my lining will be clear, uterine cavity back to normal, and my HCG will be less than 2 for a big thumbs up from my doctor to go back to TTC this cycle!!!

I can't believe it is the end of March, either. I don't want to sound negative, but I was hoping to be in a different situation at this point in the year. 25% of the year has passed. BUT I am very hopeful of what is coming...hopeful & nervous. If everyone is on board, I will probably start a new thread for April. Spring seems to be showing up around here, so I am excited about the weather. It is the season for new life all around...everything is blooming & all the animals are making babies :)

I will let you guys know when I have a new thread & post the link.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...ur-month-good-things-happen.html#post32187819

Erin, thinking of you and sending positive thoughts. Hoping your surgery goes well and you post an update soon.

Sara, glad your DH got some good numbers on his SA! Fx'd you get your bfp soon!

misaacs, your chart still looks great, give it a few days. Hopefully AF won't show up and you will get your bfp!

floridasian, glad your cycles are getting back to normal - hopefully that includes a much lower hcg number this week. Good luck with your SHG on Wednesday!

beaglemom, so excited for a new thread, a new beginning and some bfps for all of us soon!

I am hopping over to the new thread, I am pretty sure I am out for this cycle so I am looking forward to new beginnings.

WARNING - SUPER LONG, SORRY!

Moni, since you have some experience with cysts, I thought I'd ask you a couple of questions... were any of yours bad enough to need surgery? Or did you just wait for them to go away? I’m a bit upset, because I don’t know if this lap means I’ll have to take time off from TTC, but I’m hoping it will just be maybe one cycle at the maximum.

I have not needed surgery. Mine have all "gone away" with the next cycle - but I never had excruciating pain either. I actually did have a small one this time, but it was not enough to effect the blood work and I was able to take the clomid again. I asked about switching to femera and the doc said the insurance was giving them a hard time. Maybe I'll offer to pay for it out of pocket... From what I have heard/read - you shouldn't have to take that much time off if any. Hope it went well today!

Reading your post left me worried. I had positive OPK's last Friday and Saturday and a negative on Sunday. And I had really sharp stabbing pains Fri and Sat. So I was convinced I O'd on Saturday. After Sunday I stopped using the OPK's. But I don't temp and now you've left me wondering. Could I have ovulated later? I hope not. Why would FF say you O'd Wednesday?

Good news on the house project! What's the design of your house like?

I am sorry my post made you worry! Honestly I bet you did O last Saturday or Sunday at the very latest. They say 12-36 hours after your first positive opk. Plus your stabbing pains line up along with your opks. While on google I found that you can experience the O pain before, during or after ovulation...what I am thinking is that I had some pain before I ovulated and maybe my temps were not accurate due to mouth breathing or some other reason. If I play around with my temps FF adjusts my O day to either Monday or Tuesday. Right now I am trying to not pay too much attention to my chart...all I care about right now is a bfp at the end of this cycle! :)

I have always had a general plan for the design of my home, I am starting to tweak it and update different areas due to our interests changing over the years. The land isn't a done deal yet so I don't want to invest too much time into my grand plan but I know one way or another in the next 5 years we will figure out a way to get our dream home, our baby and live happily ever after! :) When are you moving? It will be nice that you can start fresh and decorate a nursery too! Is your new home in the same general area you live now? Ours would be about 20 minutes north of where we are now, that area is just beginning to build up slowly. Houses and baby talk make me so excited!!

Hi Savvy,
We're moving in about 4 weeks time. We have to be out of our current place by April 30th so...
We're moving a couple of miles but remain in the same city. We're going to a much better neighbourhood that has lots of parks and is very kid-friendly. Our current house is great but this area is very noisy and a there's lot of pollution as well. Also, my in-laws live near to our new house which is really good for us since my mother in law, whom I happen to adore, will help us with the baby. She owns her own business and decides her own shedule and the hours she works. My mom doesn't have the freedom to that unfortunately so this is also a practical move. But I really love the new neighbourhood: families with dogs and kids, restaurants and cafés, lots of life :happydance:

In the meantime I'm trying not to go nuts during the TWW. I'm starting to get a bad feeling but I don't want to bring anyone down so I'll shut up for now. Let's continue this on the new thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->