March IUI Thread!

Thanks for asking babywishes. I got yet another bfn! Basically my husband and I felt the same way as you...we are tired of spending $1000-2000 a month and getting no results. Rather than try a few more injectable cycles, we have decided to move forward with IVF. Fortunately both of our moms are loaning us money so we can start right away, otherwise we would have to wait and save for a while. It's all pretty surreal at this point. I never thought it would go this far. But, it's given me renewed hope that I'll get my bfP! I hope you are successful this month and don't have to worry about IVF!!

What the verdict babybwishes?

Sucks that you guys have to do IVF L4hope, but at least you have a renewed hope going forward. So you guys are gonna start this cycle? At least you don't have to wait. Are you guys just going to do the one or are you going to do some sort of packaged deal when you get so many for a certain cost that would be less than a single ivf individually? I'm still a little nervous about ivf, just because of the fact that there is no gaurantee, but moreso the being put under for the egg collection...lol, I know I'm a big baby. With everything, that's all I can think of...lol.

The thought of being put under scares me for some reason. I've had to be put under when I had my wisdom teeth taken out when I was 19 and I turned into a complete 5 year asking for my mommy and crying and and yanking my arm away from the needle...lol, then I was waking up from it all...lol.

But I hope this works out for you...fxd!

L4hope...sorry about the no but how awesome is it that you get to do IVF right away! Both are familys are broke so we have to save and I so wish I could hit the lottery about right now! Are you going to do a package like No Doubt ask? I know the lowest package is 18 grand out of fs office. of couse its got a lot with it but dang thats a lot of money. I dont like the idea of just doing one because if it doesnt work then we just tossed 8grand down the drain.
No doubt I am with ya on being put out. I was 16 when I had my wisdom teeth taken out and I was told that I swung at the nurse n doc and then when my mother told me to wake up so we could go home and ask if I wanted to go home in a attempt to wake me I told her not if you keep bitching at me! She is pentacostal!!!! hehehe! She has never cursed in her life! I did test today and of course it was a BFN! so I should start wend or thurs! grrr damn bitch...oops....witch! Guess we shall see! If we get a no this month we are going to stop to save $ until the 1st of the year. I am hoping to drop some weight too! Maybe we will get lucky and get our BFP before the IVF!

Boo about the no babybwishes but like you said , here's hoping. Its still early for you yet so you never know what could happen in a couple of days.

My fs offers 3 cycles for 24 grand with an opt option, so if doesn't work and you want to opt out after cycle 1 you get 16k back after cycle 2 you get 8 back...or something like that, but it saves you about 4k a cycle. I did some research and found another highly recommended and well known fs in town that offers 6 cycles with a full money back guarantee if no live birth, so we may be switching to them if we absolutely have to go that route. But of course the price is a secret until you call them and speak with someone about it. The only problem with any of these plans is it happens on the first go you wasted several thousand dollars.

Babybwishes, sorry as well for your no. I'm still hoping you'll get it this month or next. Trust me ladies, the whole process of IVF scares the bejesus out of me!! I absolutely hate needle so just having to do some shots up to now has not been fun. And I know I'm going to be on shots daily for about four weeks!!! Not to mention the egg retrieval. Being put under doesn't scare me so much, in fact I'm glad I won't know what they are doing to me. I mean really, a giant needle in the vagina, through the uterus to get to the ovaries!!!! WTH! Buy, I just keep thinking of the big picture and I know I can get through this to get my baby!
So with all the needle beforehand, babybwishes and no doubt, it will give you plenty of practice for the iv needle if you would have to do IVF. But I truly honestly hope it won't come to that for you ladies.
As for programs at my office....You can do one shot for about $12-15k. Or what we are doing, the shared risk program for 20-22K, depending on
Whether or not we need ICSI. Now bear in mind, this doesn't include the cost of the meds which will run $2000. But if we get some to freeze then it would help with future cycles. For our money, we get 6 cycles to get a live birth. If that doesn't happen we would get a full refund. While I have a lot of hope that we'll be successful the first time, it's still a gamble. And when you're talking about thousands of dollars, we just can't spend that much without having a few shots at it. My office has a 65% success rate so I'm feeling really positive that this will work for us. No doubt, I would def consider switching to a program like this. I feel like it's the safest bet for your money. And even if it works the first time, you may have some frozen embies for later if you want to try for a sibling. If you have that already, then it's only about 5K. One thing to know with the shared risk program, you have to qualify for it. First, no insurance coverage...check my insurance won't cover jack for infertility(but it will diagnose me with it..thanksva lot!!) the next test was a day three ultrasound for my antral follicle count. It must be at least five on each side....check! Bloodwork to check fsh and estroidal(one of them must be 8 or less)...waiting to hear on Tuesday. Next Wednesday I have a sonohystogram to check my uterus. And the last thing is a trial transfer which I guess they just measure and figure out where they will put the little embies (Oh and you also have to be willing to put two in to do shared risk)
As for starting, I am on bcp right now to get the hormone ball rolling. Lupron shots start on cd21 to supress the ovaries. Whew that was a lot!! But this is a lot to take in and process. Glad I can ramble on to you girls!

Wow...that was a lot, but really good info which only scares the crap out me just much more...lol. Uh and the shots...I some how totally forgot about that part. I was only freaking out about the IV needle...lol. Brave girl, but like you said well worth it in the end. If we do have to go that route I'm gonna have to have a serious talk with Jesus for a few months before hand...lol.

our fs has a 70 % plan that they do where you get 6 total tries but its 18 grand...not bad considering 1 round is 8 grand and no $ back. With the 18 grand it has to be a live birth also. they also have 100 money back thing but thats over 30 grand so not even a option. tbh....I have not done any studing on ivf...i am too scared! I figure that IF I am not this month I will stay on my metformin and then that gives me a solid 8 months. Maybe I can lose some weight in that time! I would like to thing maybe in those 8 months it could happen w out drugs for us!
L4hope....I am so happy for you that your being able to go forward with your ivf without a delay! thats so amazing!!

Babybwishes I hope that you can get your bfp without having to worry about IVF!! But the 70% plan sounds pretty good if it comes to that. We just have to get our bfp's!!!! We are very due for good news here!

Wow...that was a lot, but really good info which only scares the crap out me just much more...lol. Uh and the shots...I some how totally forgot about that part. I was only freaking out about the IV needle...lol. Brave girl, but like you said well worth it in the end. If we do have to go that route I'm gonna have to have a serious talk with Jesus for a few months before hand...lol.

Sorry to freak you out more about all the shots! Trust me I'm really really not looking forward to being a pin cushion! :haha: I just keep telling myself that this is the path that's meant for me and I know I can do this for my family! Thankfully I can just lay down and close my eyes while my hubby shoots me up!!

HA! As if I could relax enough for hubbs stick me with a needle...lol! Knowing me I would probably buy all of that stuff and then chicken out saying it just wasn't meant to be...lol. Trust my husband would not let me waste it, and whenever I freak out about stuff and take to long he gets frustrated and then I get frustrated with him for being frustrated with me...vicious cycle, lol. So I'm just gonna need a surprise natural bfp.

I hope your bfp comes au natural for you dear!

my hubbs about tossed his cookies the 1st time he had to give me a shot! lol! A natural bfp would be awesome for all of us! I actually have 1 more round of IUI so already have the script for it but we are passing if this month is a no. Have no signs of a bfp coming so we have been in heavy talk about saving for ivf (could think of a lot better things to do with that money! but it is what it is!
look at the needles as prep for your future baby!!! :)

Sorry No Doubt but I don't have any good news yet. Hopefully I will have some after my appt next Monday.

I'm sure you will have good news for us soon l4hope! How are things going...where are you in the process?

Thanks I hope so! I'm nervous about my appt so that's why I stayed off for a little while so I didn't obsess for a bit. I'm still waiting to make sure that all my preliminary testing went ok so I can qualify for the shared risk program. My antral follicle count was good and sonohysterogram showed my uterus was all good. They also did day 3 bloodwork to check fsh and estrogen. My fsh was fine but my estrogen was high. The physician asst told me that the doctor will have to look everything over to decide if I still qualify or not. She said sometimes if there's just one issue they can tweak it and it will be ok. He has been on vacation all this week so I've been stuck waiting go hear until I go in Monday morning. Naturally looking into things online has freaked me out because it says that high estrogen can be low ovarian reserve. I really hope that's not the case. Then I get frustrated thinking if that is the case, why didn't they figure it out sooner! Ugh...I just want to know and really hope i get good news. Still enjoying your break from meds? Do you have a time frame for going back to your doctor?

No time frame really. I know I first said til summer bug I've really been enjoying this so I don't know...lol. I just added another three months to the list, but honestly I don't think it will take that long. Maybe another 2 cause, but probably just until August cause I wang to do an iui with the hubbs sperm in August and a diui in September. I need to make it as short as possible cause I'm getting comfortable...lol. I did start b6 this month and I'm experiencing some of the same symptoms as clomid, just not as bad. I'm in the tww for sure now cause all I want to do is eat...lol.

I've heard that about high estrogen, but it could be something else. Even if that is the case it doesn't mean you can't conceive and maybe ivf is really your best option. Fxd the doc is ok with just this one thing. If that is it and no one caught it until I'd be pissed too. To be honest I'm a little concerned no one caught the high estrogen before now. But I guess that's just how some docs are. I just requested a full record for me so I can look over it myself.

Did you say that you're in PA? Can you let me know which clinic you went to? Inbox me!

I'm sure it has been nice not having to worry about ttc and all the meds. You were able to get hubby on board with donor sperm then? I'm still routing for you to get a natural bfp!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->