March IUI Thread!

Jessesgirl and babywishes...how are things? Stressful I'm sure, but fxd this is last tww you'll have to do before trying for the next one!

L4hope, sorry af got you. Hopefully it doesn't come down to ivf for you guys. Fxd for this cycle for you guys!

AFM, I should be coming to a close on my tww in a few days or so, but of course hoping it last for 9 months. I haven't been symptom spotting, but I've noticed a few everyday symptoms. I'm excessively tired and have been since the beginning of last week. I slept 12hours on Friday and 9 on Tuesday and last night I went to bed at 7:30. Its been good sleep straight through, which is unusual for me cause I normally wake up a few times in the night. Also since last week it seems like no matter what I eat it makes me nauseous, just for a few minutes while im eating then it's gone, and watermelon taste nasty to me which is weird cause I love watermelon. For some reason I keep trying to eat it though...lol. I started having headaches again this week and tmi, I've been really constipated. I ate like 10 prunes one night and that didn't even help. I ate 9 the next day and it helped, so now I'm eating 9 a day just to keep things moving.

Those are the only things that have been happening to me everyday almost since O.

How is everyone else?

I am new to this thread.
My name is Sheryl. I am in my Tww. I had 2 iui's back to back on May 13/14.
I had previously had 2 iui's back to back in march that resulted in a BFN.
I am hoping for a BFP this round.FXD

I wish you all Bfp's as well!!!

Chicqui good luck with your IUI this month! You are almost at the end of your tww!! Do you have bloodwork scheduled?

How is everyone else doing? There hasn't been much action on this thread!

Afm, I had my appointment this morning. I only had one follie ready to go on the right, which kinda bummed me out. I was hoping to have two or three. The ultrasound tech said it only takes one good one, not three or four bad ones. So hopefully all the meds went in to making that one follie perfect for fertilizing! Once I get bloodwork back to confirm if I'm surging on my own or not I will get my game plan for the weekend.

Chicqui good luck with your IUI this month! You are almost at the end of your tww!! Do you have bloodwork scheduled?

How is everyone else doing? There hasn't been much action on this thread!

Afm, I had my appointment this morning. I only had one follie ready to go on the right, which kinda bummed me out. I was hoping to have two or three. The ultrasound tech said it only takes one good one, not three or four bad ones. So hopefully all the meds went in to making that one follie perfect for fertilizing! Once I get bloodwork back to confirm if I'm surging on my own or not I will get my game plan for the weekend.

Well got my results back from blood work today and it was negative:cry:
Doc says IVF next step. I don't have that kind of money so I will be taking
a break.
I am very sad!!!

I'm sorry chiq...my fs told us the same thing after our second iui, but we had decided to take a break before our appt with her. I know it's hard but maybe a break is what you need right now. Maybe it will help you press the reset button and when you come back to ttc you'll feel better about it. Our break is doing wonders for me and the hubby and us as a couple. I know, we never want to take a break, but sometimes you have no control over it. I hope you get a natural bfp!

AFM came last Sunday and she was a bit mean to me. Tmi...I had really bad clotting and was really heavy days one and three, and I'm still getting brown discharge. Normally by day three af is nonexistent and by now I'm all clear. Maybe this is a good thing? I'm not sure, but luckily she's almost gone. In the upside I had a nice regular cycle of 26 days with O right in the middle. Couldn't even remember what that felt like I'd been on clomid so long. But when af came I didn't cry and I didn't even feel down. I had taken two preg tests cause I wanted wine and seeing the negs didn't upset me, so the break is working. Still debating on if I'm going to keep it natural or go back to the docs. I did decide that I'm not going to the docs until I lose these 25lbs. Once I do, we'll decide the route we want to take.

Thanks No Doubt. You gave me motivation. I gained 10 pounds on the hormone injections.
I am going to concentrate on that as well!!!
Good luck to you!!!

not much to report, we got a BFN last month and are giving IUI a 3rd try this month. I had an HSG test last week (which was not nearly as bad as i was expecting) and i've heard pregnancy rates are higher in the 6 months following the test. We have our first screening U/S for this cycle on thursday. we are also getting the keys to our new house on thursday so i am excited for that, and it has been keeping me busy (packing) and is a great distraction.

on the other hand I am very sad, because we went to an adoption meeting just to get some basic information and it is WAY more expensive than we were expecting (from our province we can expect to pay between 40 and 60 thousand dollars!!! it is not seeming like an option right now :( and then my husbands sister decided to tell us that she had excepted a new job 2 hours out of town so she and her husband are going to try and get pregnant so she will only have to commute for a little while and then she can go on mat leave. it was the stupid reason i've ever heard for having kids!!! and my very evil self doesn't want them to get pregnant before us. it is so hard watching other people having kids and never getting there yourself.

:( :( :( sorry for the downer post. that's just where I am at today.

Nothing new here. I just had my 3rd IUI and this is my 4th month on Clomid. My new insurance kicks in on July 1st, but I will be mid cycle at that point, so it looks like we will be doing one more IUI (if this one doesn't work) before moving on to IVF. I am hoping the IUI works, but if not, I am excited to have the option of IVF.

What about you, No Doubt? You asked about us, but didn't fill us in on your progress.

Hope all is well with you ladies <3

I'm sorry jessesgirl...and I agree that is a stupid reason to get pregnant. Her life will be a lot more hectic once she has kids as opposed to just having to commute to a new job. But she's gonna have to commute after mat leave so I don't get it either.

Navy...fxd this cycle works out but I understand what you mean about the opportunity to do ivf. I know that must be exciting and a stress reliever to have that option available.

AFM, not much still natural. Got into really bad with the hubby over the weekend about pretty much everything. I knew it was coming though cause things were just going oh so well. But we were suppressing things that should've been discussed. I told him a couple times I was thinking about moving forward with the donor iui by myself and he said that really hurt him. I know it did, but I'm sick of him not taking care of himself while I put my body through hell to achieve this goal. He can't even take a vitamin regularly as scheduled without me hounding him, let alone make doctors appts for himself that could give us the answer to his low sperm count. So if I'm in it alone, I'll make the decisions alone. I don't know if he's going to change or not but I told him I wouldn't say anything else about the donor iui until I was ready to go in and do it and that at that point there would be no discussion cause this weekend was the third time id said something about it. I also started doing some research on trials with ivf and icsi and I found a few so I'm going to email them and see if I can get it on them. If that doesn't work I found a few organizations that give grants, around $10,000 a year to people who are wanting to do ivf or adopt...jessesgirl this may help you with adoption. This year has already passed the date of submission for the ones I saw, but I will do next year. Me and the hubbs are good now so we will see what happens and maybe in a few months I will be here saying donor iui...lol, let's hope jot though.

I Oed on day 12 and to be honest I'm not sure where I'm at right now somewhere between 5-8dpo. All I know is af should be here before fathers day but I'm of course hoping I have some good needs for the hubbs next Sunday. No symptoms until yesterday. It was weird cause it all came at once and then it all left at once. I had heartburn, queasy, sore boobs, back ache, and constipation. I woke up really bloated today and my stomach really hurts...oh and I had some uterine pulses and flutters yesterday but like I said it all happened, then it all went away. I really thought I was going crazy there for a minute...lol.

Sorry this turned into a book...hope everyone else is doing good!

Hi ladies, Sorry I havent been on in a really long time. Last cycle (iui #2 w a 17 n 18 follies) failed. So I guess I have just been bumming out. We went today for a u/s. For the 1st time doctor said we had a MATURE follie that was ready to go! It measured at 24!! I was amazed! Today is my birthday and I told my girlfriend all I wanted was for the u/s today to be the 1st photo of our future baby so I am praying had this works. Doctor started appt letting us know they only usually do 4 before moving on to injectables or IVF. We CAN NOT afford IVF!! It would all be out of pocket since insurance doesnt cover a darn thing! So that was a let down...though followed by a nice mature follie! We trigger tonight and then IUI thursday! I decided for the 1st time to take a full day off work. I am really hoping and praying and wishing this is it! Trying very hard to keep my smile going!
Sorry I am so behind keeping up with everyone!! I know....I suck!
Funny lil story from today....we were getting instructions again from doc before we left the exam room and the nurse was in there also. Hubbs said " So I got to stick her tonight?"! The nurse n the doc both lost it laughing! I looked at him and said "ya...twice"! lol...my hubbs blushes so bad and his face was so red when he realized even though he ment the trigger shot we all took it dirty!:haha:

No Doubt...:hi: sorry about the hubby issue. I cant get mine to take his vitties either!! I actually found on hidden under the bed one time! lol! I hope things are smoothed out and you can get ta moving!

All the other ladies....sorry I am not keeping up! Promise to try and be a better buddy from now on!!:blush:

Sorry last cycle failed babywishes but hopefully this is it for you...fxd! And yay on that big fat juicy follie! Lol about your hubby...when I was reading it I was thinking the same thing as you and the docs.

Me and the hubby are smoothed out and he's taking his vitamins and has made the necessary appts. He just wants so badly for US to have a child together and so do I so I completely understand, hut if we both aren't doing what we need to do and he won't, then we'll have no other choice. It usually only takes me flipping out and us having a good argument followed by a decent discussion for him to get on board so fxd he'll keep up with himself.

Babywishes, glad to see you back. Sometimes we just have to step back and get our heads right. No worries! Glad you have a nice follie for this cycle!! If my cycle doesn't work this month I have to move to injectables too...all out of pocket :( Hopefully we won't have to worry about it and we'll have our bfp's!

No doubt, glad to hear you and the hubs have worked through things. It's hard feeling like we are going through everything physically and emotionally. The hubs have to be supportive and doing what they need to to be healthy as well. My hubs takes his vitamins. But, he loves getting in the hot tub at the gym and I told him he had to stop using it for now. Then one time I found out he got in! He said it was only for 5 minutes. Men can be such stinkers! Lol!!

Lol...I get the "it's just this time" a lot. Funny how he's only doing what he's not supposed to be doing only when I'm watching...never when he's home alone or out and about without me...uh huh...

Hubby told me over the weekend after I asked if he was taking his vitamins that he was taking them everyday. I had looked a couple of days before and it was the same amount. So I said do you want to tell me if you're really taking your vitamins everyday. So he again said yes and followed with I didn't take them today or yesterday...really...that's not everyday then. Lol. I could let that slide but that's his weekly routine...to take his vitamins everyday...except this day or that day...

But we are good again and he seems to be handling everything he needs to without me harping at him.

Men...if it weren't for reproduction and these stupid hearts of ours...lol

Isnt it funny how mean say we over react but really its them! It takes us flippin lid for them to realize they need to do what they need to do!
Hopefully this phase is just the start for our next nine months ladies.
We had our IUI today. Mr hubb aka super man post was was 166 freak mil w 99% mobility! The IUI itself was fine. Hurt a lil more this time but doc said he wanted the perfect spot and got it! Hopefully this is it! Now on to the aweful TWW! I am so over all these TWW that end in BFN! Time for some good news!
L4hope: really hoping we dont have to do the injectables. There about 1000 bucks a round just for the meds so we would be around 1600 a cycle with them by the time we factor in the meds, IUI and the time we have to be off work. Just tired and down from the no's I guess! Hopefully none of us will have to face anymore!!

Babywishes, I'm right there with you. I'm tired of the bfn's and not looking forward to the cost of injections. Or having to have that many shots either!! Fingers crossed we get some good news! Holy crap your hubby has high numbers!! Mine only had 12 and 17 mil for our last IUI. Good luck!

My fs has never mentioned injections. What injections are you guys talking about?

From the way it was explained to me, the pills that we take to stimulate follicle growth like clomid, send a signal to our brain to tell our ovaries what to do. With all injectables or they call it a gonadotropin cycle, they have more control because the medicines are directly stimulating the ovaries. If I do this next month, (from what I remember) it goes like this.
First I get AF, then on cycle day 20 I start injections of Lupron. This is used to supress your ovaries. This also gives them control over what's happening. Then wait for AF again. On cycle day two or so start Follistim injections to stimulate the ovaries. Ovidrel to trigger ovulation, IUI, and progesterone suppositories. They said that they have to monitor you more closely with this kind of a cycle. Also the chance of multiples increases with this kind of cycle. And, for my dr. If there are mire than four mature follicles they cancel the cycle. It's very similar to an ivf cycle, except there are a couple other injections used and of course they are trying to get as many good follicles as possible. Given that I haven't done this yet, I'm definitely not an expert. This is what I remember from my consultation last month. What have you done up to this point?

I've done TI, clomid, and IUI. But my fs suggested donor sperm or ivf...more so ivf. I'm assuming because on clomid I already produce 4 follies. That and because she want to make sure the sperm actually fertilizes the egg, so we would do icsi. I'm just trying to get everything together for the next appt. I'm going to have to have to ask them to block out and extra timeframe, cause I want this to be the last "discussion" appt. I'm still not sure that I'll even be going back to meds and docs. The further I get into my break, the longer I want to stay on break. It was only supposed to be until the summer, so June 20th, but now I want another cycle off all the craziness. Until I finish losing the weight and making a firm decision we're not doing anything, but if we do decide to go back at some point, I want to talk about EVEYTHING and then go with what we feel is best, based off of our wants/needs, but also what the doc thinks is a good option. Hopefully af won't come around next week and I don't have to worry about that, but if comes around, I don't have to worry about it for some time. Still doing some research.

Hubbs and I have been talking and are going to skip the injectables if this IUI fails. There about 1000 bucks for the shots plus the IUI plus time off work. We were thinking it would cost about 1500 a cycle. IF were not preggo this time we are going to take a break and save for IVF. I am tired of playing around and spending money with no BFP! We would hopefully be able to save enough to do and IVF cycle by the 1st of the year. We shall see. Tomorrow is father's day and I will be 10 dpiui. I know its way to soon but I am going to test. I know I should wait but I have one test and it is screaming at me every time I go to the bathroom!! Only sign I have had is cramps...and lots of them! This round has seemed to drag butt! I guess its because I know its our last chance for a while and I really really dont want to have to spend 8 grand for IVF! Hope you ladies are all good and get to hear some great news with some BFP!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->