March IUI Thread!

aintlifegrand

Reaction score
Hey Gals! I hope all you February IUI girls were successful! We are going to be trying IUI for the first time the end of March. My husband is already on clomid and I have an appt on March 1st to get all the details and I'm assuming she will prescribe me clomid as well.

Right now I have been doing meditation, yoga and acupuncture to get my mind and body prepared.

Please join this thread if you are doing a March IUI and lets support each other!!

Also, we are doing it because of DH sperm count.
Can anyone out there that has done it before tell us what to expect?

i thought i was having my iui in feb will be this friday now 2nd march so i'll join your thread! good luck with ur iui

u have blood tests, scans, clomid and injections if you are having medicated iui

I've had blood tests, HSG, and a pelvic ultrasound. I wonder if I will need to do more tests.

probably more pelvic scans on day 5 and 11 of your cycle thats what ive had other than that it depends what your clinic advises

We are paying out of pocket, does anyone have an idea about the costs in the US? I'm assuming $500-$800, but wanted to see if anyone else had anything to add.

Hey:) I live in Canada and I know for us it depends if you go with the trigger injections ($700)or just oral meds ($400). But....there is an extra $250 for the "swim up" SA and an extra $250 for the sperm wash!! Also there is the ultrasound monitoring $75 each time plus the cost of all the meds:$ I'm planning for around $1200 per cycle!! Ugh but all worth it if it works!!!!

Hi!! We will be doing our 1st IUI in March sometime around the 6th or 7th.. I will start my clomid tomorrow!! I have high hopes for this cycle... We have been trying for 45+ cycle's. Good luck this cycle!!! :dust:

Good luck!!! I got a message to call my FS so I'm assuming I'll be starting either march or April! Nervous...excited...anxious! Good luck girls
:dust:

Trist what part of Canada are you from?? My hubby is from Barrie ONT

I might be having my very first at the end of March. I'm not sure yet. It's up to my husband.

I also live in Canada, Toronto. It's cheaper here. I don't have to pay for ultrasounds.

Ya. It sucks. I honestly thought more would be covered...is infertility on a medical problem???!!! I'm never sick...I would like to use my portion of what I pay into our health system for this please:$!!!!!

My health insurance is pretty good, but doesn't cover anything when it comes to treating infertility.

Hi.

How is everyone?

I thought I would pop along and join this thread as today is CD1 for me and we are having our first lot of IUI this month.

I have to have a blood test on Monday and start taking clomid (for the first time) on Monday evening. I have my first scan booked in for the following Monday. It is a great feeling knowing that we get our first go in the next few weeks!

^Welcome!
I went to the doctor this week, since I won't need to have an ultrasound, the cost will only be about $200, better than I thought!
I'm starting Clomid on Day 5! I expect to have it at the very end of March.

Also, we are doing it because of DH sperm count.
Can anyone out there that has done it before tell us what to expect?

Check out the Feb IUI thread...I explained my experience in there. I'm not techy enough to put a link to it. But my IUI was very painless and pretty easy. Still waiting for af or hopefully bfp. If not, I will be joining you in a few days.

Hi Ladies! Hope I can join the thread! We will hopefully be doing our IUI mid March! I am due to start around the 6th. My FS ask that we call the day I start so the can schedule an U/S 12 days later. Our med list is in my siggy! This will be our 1st month on all these meds. We tried clomid but with no luck! Praying this is our month! We found out last year on March 29 we were expecting but lost the baby. IF all my dates stay on track I will be 10 dpo on March 29th this time! Amazed it will be exactly 1 year apart. That means this LO will have the same due date~! Nervous, scared and excited all at one! Praying this is our month Ladies!!:thumbup: On a side note...DH had done a SA when we were on clomid. FS looked over it and actually gave Hubbs a :thumbup:!! He said, Nice job:haha: MEN!!

Hi Ladies just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Sarah, We are unexplained secondary infertility and have been trying for two and a half years. I have just done 4 cycles of clomid to no avail so we will be doing an IUI this cycle as I dont think the clomid would have done anything on its own but waste more time. Today is day 2 and have just taken my first clomid pill for the month. We too have to do it privately and it will cost around $850 new zealand dollars so $700 US/ CA dollars

So I will be getting bloods done every day from day 10 to check for LH surge and will then go in for scan after LH surge is detected.

I am sooooooooooooo excited and am trying to stay positive, it is hard to believe after all this time we actually stand a good shot of getting pregnant this month. I may even buy some tests this time round.

Baby wishes Men are so funny when it comes to their sperm aren't they. My OH has like 12million per mill and he had to tell his friends and even his family. I'm surprised he didn't high five the doctor!

Lou Hows the clomid treating you. I always get pretty horrible side effects but it is sooooo worth it.

Aintlifegrand. Wow $200 is so cheep I've spent more than that in vitamins LOL

Navy wife I will be sure to read the feb IUI thread too and look out for your posts or better yet I will look through your Journal Mwwaaahaaahaahaa

Trist our insurance specifically excludes all fertility treatment too, stink huh.

SLH Good luck convincing your husband

Dust to all. This is going to our turn!!!! YAY

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back