march lambs overdue thread

Thanks Dee - I said to OH 'I think I'm having contractions' and he wanted to know how come I only 'thought' I was having them, how long it would be until we needed to leave for hospital and how long before LO would be here! :haha:

I stayed in all yesterday after the sweep just in case, but think I'm going to risk going out and about with OH today, see if that gets things moving!

Feeling delicate sounds good Dee! We deserve a bloody sainthood after going through all of this! Let us know what time you're being seen so we can be sending positive vibes at the same time as MW is doing her magic!

typical bloody male - my DH is the same, he said well youve done it before so surely you know if they are the real thing.... I said to him last time my body was forced into labour so of course it was the real bloody thing, how the heck am I supposed to know this time, am new to all this natural labour malarky!

calling SS very soon so will post the time on here!

hope getting out and about will help move things on for you - maybe take a change of trousers/pants for the car and a binbag to sit on in case your waters go??!! :winkwink:

I hope things happen for you 2 today girls I really do, i can totally remember being in your overdue shoes not that long ago, Big love :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

hope getting out and about will help move things on for you - maybe take a change of trousers/pants for the car and a binbag to sit on in case your waters go??!! :winkwink:

I've been taking an old towel to sit on whenever I go out in the car for a few days now - my car seats are pale blue, so don't think they'd cope too well with my waters breaking. OH will probably make me sit IN a bin bag in his car so I don't leak anywhere :haha:

good morning ladies was hoping to find that one of you had had your baby!!!
i am stil here!! babys stil staying put!
very fed up had more of my show last night an was having mild crampy period type things all through the night all night that half woke me through the night a couple of times but managed to sleep ok til my son got me up saying that he wasnt feeling too well this mornin so i have sent him back to bed was hoping to go out jus so that i am not stuck at home jus waiting it drives me potty i am not good at waitin!
hope your sweep goes well dee!! delicate belly sounds good though xxx
cocoa everything sounds good to me hun
i hope the babys come soon xx

Hey, I'm still here too.

Sweep today though
Havent got a clue what 2 expect as never had an internal examination before.

Heard it hurts though :(

Still, Anything to get my little boy out I am willing to try (except wierd stuff like castor oil bleurgh!).

CAnt imagine how you ladies are feeling who are more overdue than me. If I get one more text asking if i'm a mummy yet i'm going to flush my phone down the toilet!

x

sorry to hear you are both still here- in the nicest possible way of course!

laura - good luck for your sweep today, I have mine too... its not very pleasant but sadly its a necessity - close your eyes and think of england ;)

Laura - my sweep was fine - didn't hurt at all, but think it all depends how 'ready' your body is. Good luck x

Been having contractions again, they were every 3 mins for about an hour lasting 40 seconds each but seem to have petered out a bit now. Given up timing and getting ready to go out. My iPhone app reckons I'm in the 'transition: first stage' of labour- but pretty sure they aren't hurting enough for that yet :shrug:

ooh keeping fingers crossed Becki.... I've got loads of lower backache today

midwife is coming in an hour - took me nearly 2 hours to find someone who knew what was going on! got my friend on her way to keep an eye on munchkin whilst it happens - so much for getting to asda beforehand!

sounds promising for both of you 2 girls, becki go out and take your mind off of it i reckon thinking about contractions can make them stop , i didnt dare think things were going anywhere fast during the early hours of my induction even when it really started hurting i was preping myself for hours and hours of it and my body just got on with it, i was meditating/zoning out between contractions and then breathing through them and coped for 90% of my labour with just my TENS machine on and only got to use the Gas and Air for the last 40min of it all, i was using it for longer after labour while they stiched me up than i was during labour lol

i had my sweep yesterday laura an mine was ok hope yours goes well!
been really tired an achy all morning an was awake at silly o'clock belly stil cramping up tried a bath an everything but its jus not working i jus ache all the way down my belly but it doesnt hurt its literally an ache think i am going to go make my husband an my son go for a walk later see if that brings anything on!!
hope your sweep goes well dee the back ache sounds like a good sign to me!
cocoa i hope it all kicks off for you today/tonight
its my husbands birthday tomorrow i hope they dont share a birthday cause some years shes going to have to take back stage to her dad an the rest of the time hubbys gonna have to take back stage to lil lady! either way ones gonna have to miss out for the other! so if shes not here tonight as much as i want her out now i will happily hold on another 24hrs!

Thanks ladies. I really hope it does start something off!
Because i've had literally no signs and if she tells me that she cant do it I may very well cry!!

Seems like things are finally starting to happen 4 you Cocoaone!! SO try to enjoy it before it gets too painful lol.

& mummydee i've got my fingers crossed 4 you :)

x

Dee and Laura - how were your sweeps?

I've had more painful pains today, but much further spaced apart. Just lost another HUGE amount of bloody plug. Surely there can't be anymore left?! It's never ending! :haha:
Went out and about but seemed to make the pains less regular, although i could feel my bump going very hard at the top, so not sure if I was having BHs too? All very confusing.

Gnomette - did you go for a walk?

well mw came for my sweep at 1230. my cervix had moved and was FAVOURABLE so we got down to the nitty gritty!

she managed to stretch it to 1-2cms and said it was very soft. apparently I got a 6 on the bishops score which was good! his head is so far down she couldnt feel any waters really round it, but she managed to sweep my membranes 3 times - it was soooo bloody painful! she managed to make me bleed, and have had some pink tinged mucus since which is good. I also had a small contraction between each sweep.

apparently she has a very good success rate so she was very hopeful I would go into labour within 24hrs - hopefully telling you lot hasnt jinxed it! have had serious period pains and on and off backache since, and also some contraction which are much worse when I am standing up so trying to stay active as possible. nothing timeable yet but they are lasting about 30 seconds when I have them!

Dee - sounds like me! Except mine didn't hurt and no contractions until the evening. :dust:

Keeping my fingers tightly crossed for both of us. Pretty sure I'm in the latent phase of labour now though, just not sure how long it will last!

Dee and Laura - how were your sweeps?

VERY disappointing.

She doesn't think i'm only going to go in 2 labour naturally as cervix wasnt very favourable and although she did try to sweep me it wasnt very successful just painful and then LO got distressed cos she was poking his head.

Induction booked for next wednesday when i'll be FOURTEEN DAYS OVERDUE!!!

I'm defo going be the last March Mummy

x

Ah don't be too disappointed hun - some people have been told that their cervix is totally unfavorable and they go into labour naturally the same day!

There's always hope x

Laura :hugs: hunni really hope your LO gets a move on!

Becki - contractions are coming 5 -12 minutes apart and all 30-45 seconds now, although still not painful enough to stop me doing anything - off to FILs shortly for his bday tea thingy - kinda hope LO hangs on til after masterchef tonight LOL!!

Mine have gone back to generalised period pains and back ache :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->