MARCH-MALLOWS 2020

Happy New Year everyone. It’s an exciting one for us all. Picture of my last scan a few weeks ago. 29 weeks on Sunday. Getting there. Am finding this pregnancy a bit trickier with the hip and pelvic pain. Also had to get more bloods done as the Iron tablets haven’t worked so waiting on results to decide best treatment. Hopefully get sorted soon as am constantly feeling exhausted. Every time I feel movement though it reminds me how very lucky I am. Hope you are all doing well? Roll on March ! X

DC23EF50-2242-4FC3-8A61-9C5FE2943AB7.jpeg

Happy New Year everyone \\:D/

not much update from me i dont think :-s... ive been put on iron tablets 3x a day recently but theyve made me sick so Ive to lower my dose to 1 see how i go.
Im starting to panic im going to have a big baby.. had a growth scan at 28wks which estimates she is roughly 2.9lb already :shock: i am now 29wks & also measuring 31cm! I was only measuring 27cm the week before #-o my wee boy was only 7.11lb which im fine with haha. back in for another growth scan end of month.

I reckon im going to go early this time so im also worried im not gonna have everything done, weve not even started on our spare room ](*,)

Happy New Year everyone \\:D/

not much update from me i dont think :-s... ive been put on iron tablets 3x a day recently but theyve made me sick so Ive to lower my dose to 1 see how i go.
Im starting to panic im going to have a big baby.. had a growth scan at 28wks which estimates she is roughly 2.9lb already :shock: i am now 29wks & also measuring 31cm! I was only measuring 27cm the week before #-o my wee boy was only 7.11lb which im fine with haha. back in for another growth scan end of month.

I reckon im going to go early this time so im also worried im not gonna have everything done, weve not even started on our spare room ](*,)

She’s a great weight!! Haha I think I’m going to go early too but maybe it’s wishful thinking I’m afraid she’s going to be a big chunky baby :shock:

Don’t panic I haven’t started her room either but she will be in with us anyway so not worrying too much!

Well my birth pool arrived today and I’m feeling a little scared now lol Don’t think it’s really hit me that she’s coming until now. Just hope she’s in the right position at my next scan next week. My bump has changed so worried she’s gone breech :roll:

1DB42669-1BD6-4050-9BE5-75AA10A8EAB1.jpeg 2AFB8D8A-0C3E-4C65-A902-D6F6E1E20FC2.jpeg

She’s a great weight!! Haha I think I’m going to go early too but maybe it’s wishful thinking I’m afraid she’s going to be a big chunky baby :shock:

Don’t panic I haven’t started her room either but she will be in with us anyway so not worrying too much!

Well my birth pool arrived today and I’m feeling a little scared now lol Don’t think it’s really hit me that she’s coming until now. Just hope she’s in the right position at my next scan next week. My bump has changed so worried she’s gone breech :roll:

View attachment 1076438 View attachment 1076440

yeah our wee girl will be in with us aswell but in order to create room for her we need our spare room done so we can move her stuff for storage in there lol got her changing unit etc to build up.

i cant have a water birth (although i dont think i would of choose one anyway as its the temp that puts me off... sometimes if a bath is too hot i start feeling ill - yes im weird haha) due to fact il be on antibotics for group b strep :/ im not fussed though i done my wee boys labour mostly on the gym ball and was fine. I didnt take pain relief til 7cm so hopin for same again haha.

cant believe we are almost at finishing line though! I have my next appointment on Monday then another growth scan end of month! Ive only 7wks left til maternity leave aswell.

View attachment 1076438 View attachment 1076440
She looks like she's so low already.

I feel like I am as well... All kicks and hiccups I feel down low below my belly button. And I'm having to pee like every hour already. :|

Heeeey

soo im going shopping next Saturday for my hospital bag bits and pieces... apart from the obvious stuff what else is everyone taking?? Ive started a list already just wondered if there was anything I missed or any ideas on what might be helpful to have...

B46879D6-3118-4329-8FDD-0A2B8B115F50.png

Heeeey

soo im going shopping next Saturday for my hospital bag bits and pieces... apart from the obvious stuff what else is everyone taking?? Ive started a list already just wondered if there was anything I missed or any ideas on what might be helpful to have...

View attachment 1077050
That's more than what would be on my list already.
I'm planning on giving birth at our birth center which releases you about 5 hours after birth. So I pretty much just take a change of clothes, hair elastics and brush, and a couple snacks.
I can't seem to figure out what to bring for baby though to bring her home in. My first was born in winter so we bundled him up a lot. My second was born in summer.. so just wore a light sleeper home. I have a little jumper/sleeper picked out for her.. but should I be putting a onesie under it? Or a sweater over it?

20200115_191840.jpg

That's more than what would be on my list already.
I'm planning on giving birth at our birth center which releases you about 5 hours after birth. So I pretty much just take a change of clothes, hair elastics and brush, and a couple snacks.
I can't seem to figure out what to bring for baby though to bring her home in. My first was born in winter so we bundled him up a lot. My second was born in summer.. so just wore a light sleeper home. I have a little jumper/sleeper picked out for her.. but should I be putting a onesie under it? Or a sweater over it?

View attachment 1077062

i have group b strep so theres a chance i could be kept in depending how quick i get the antibotics etc. I was overnight with my first but i know they are keen to get you home asap with ur second etc.

im taking one of our fluffy all in one suits for our wee one just incase along with her wee fluffy jacket if its abit warmer for outerwear clothes wise not sure on coming home outfit but will be takinng a few vests and sleepsuits in newborn/0-3 :) seen a wee hack aswell people use sandwich bags to store each outfit and mark on the bag what size etc is in so its easier to find :)

Heeeey

View attachment 1077050
Socks in case your feet get cold during delivery or afterwards. Dressing gown or cardigan to wear after baby is born for the same reason especially if you get epidural as it can give you the shakes and make you feel cold. Cheap sponge or cloth you can bin after your shower, toothbrush & toothpaste. Plastic bags for any soiled clothes and wet towels you need to bring home with you. That's all I can think of to add!

Got the all clear for gestational diabetes which I'm delighted about. I had convinced myself I had it this time lol. 30 + 1 today. Last appointment was on Wednesday of last week and baby was measuring fine but he is breech. Still has a while to turn so they said not to worry yet. Hopefully he will move asap and not get too comfy where he is!!

Anyone elses boobs already leaking?? They didnt with my son but the last couple weeks mine seem to be leaking more and more .... tonight everytime i even touch my right boob it leaks....

My gestational diabetes test came back good too, and all bloodwork. Only thing to really "worry" about is I am GBS+ but I was with my youngest son and getting the antibiotics during labour wasn't bad.
I'm measuring right at 30 weeks and she is currently head down (hopefully stays that way). Today we signed off the consent forms to give birth at our cities Birth Center.
Everything is starting to feel more real.

Anyone elses boobs already leaking?? They didnt with my son but the last couple weeks mine seem to be leaking more and more .... tonight everytime i even touch my right boob it leaks....
A little. Mainly at night and if I touch them! So looking forward to meeting the baby now. 7ish weeks to go!! Xx

A little. Mainly at night and if I touch them! So looking forward to meeting the baby now. 7ish weeks to go!! Xx

yeah im the same its usually if i press on them slightly and at night cause i must squish them in my sleep ha! 8weeks to go for me! 32wks tmorrow, got another growth scan next Wednesday ... nothing wrong with her growth but cause I concieved while on fertility meds they want to keep a wee eye on her growth.

No leaking at all for me! My milk didn’t come in until the day before the twins were born so maybe that will be the same this time round?

Can’t believe we are on the home stretch now...... crazy that it’s nearly February :shock: wonder who will go first!! As long as she stays in another 4 weeks il be happy (that seems no time at all) I’m finishing work next week and I’m so looking forward to it.

Getting really tired again and have started feeling sick in the evenings again. Threw up for about half an hour last night eugh. I can’t wait to sleep on my tummy and starfish lol

Has anybody gotten a breast pump yet?
I plan to mainly breastfeed but want a pump for the occasional break where my husband or boys can help feed her. Just wondering if a manual will be good enough for just using it every so often? I spent a couple hundred on a fancy electric one for my first and he ended up never even taking to a bottle.. Would love to save money this time if a manual is good enough.

I finish work on 27th Feb so stil awhile for me but shes free to come after then :) ... well not too soon after cause i dnt plan on gettin things proper set up til i go on mat leave. Our spare room shluld be finished paint wise next week, my mums been doin it on her days off. So just leaves carpet to get put down. Im gettin quite uncomfy and fed up tho, every 3 hrs durin nyt for a pee aswell.

not sure about breastpump unfortunately as i bottle fed my oldest and will do with this one aswell.

Has anybody gotten a breast pump yet?
I plan to mainly breastfeed but want a pump for the occasional break where my husband or boys can help feed her. Just wondering if a manual will be good enough for just using it every so often? I spent a couple hundred on a fancy electric one for my first and he ended up never even taking to a bottle.. Would love to save money this time if a manual is good enough.
I had an Avent manual pump on my first. It was quite easy to use but took a while but that was because my milk just would not come in fully so I ended up having to bottle feed. I liked how compact it was. I had the Avent microwave steriliser and it fit into that nicely with the bottles. I ended up getting rid of it as I bottle fed my second just in case my milk would not come in again. I'm going to bottle feed this time again but would still recommend the pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->