March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

wow WT that is going to be a tight morning schedule! you are going to have to be super organised!

Umm, WT, what happens to the twins now? :haha:

Rashy, nice to see you back, though it sucks about the whole glutton thing. Pasta is my staple food at the moment (probably because it's the only food stuff in the cupboard :haha:)

Loo- I threatened to sneak the babies into my office and hide them under my desk... but my boss didn't really like that plan. :haha: So right now, they are at home during the days. I have my MIL and a nanny taking care of them from 8-5 on Monday through Friday. My FIL is there too and he helps out some also. It works out pretty well, but it is not a sustainable solution since my in laws live a long way away. I'm able to pay a nanny a minimal rate since she's not being made to care for both babies at once.

That does sound like a pretty hectic morning your gonna start having WT.

I can no longer leave O on the sofa when I;m not in the room, I always tuck her i nthe corner of our corner sofa, but came back in today to find her a good meter away form where i left her! oops!!

You may have to change your screen name from wondertwins to wonder woman!!

Loo, saw your message on ds about Glow & Friday. Lovely.

oh Emera i forgot to say thank you for the muslin cloth tip to calm babies down. O always grabs for it and trys to eat it when i'm feeding her but i'd never thiught to give her one when she's upset. She's curently eating one now and i've not heard a peep out of her while i tidy up which is a first. so thanks :thumbup:

loo, my staple food at the moment is pringles. :( and anything else easy and in reach. boo.

WT- your amazing.

emera / L&L - mus cloth to calm down eh? may give that a go! x

I would try it FT i don't think O has ever been this excited :haha:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQygKt2ioug&feature=youtu.be

L&L thats so cute!

Emera - i assumed most cakes have butter in? to be honest its only a fortnight, and it ends when i go on holiday so i could do with the 2 weeks off cake anyway! Munched an entire bag of ddried mango and loads of banana chips this afternoon instead while on a 3 hour walk to keep Z asleep. hes had a proper 3 hour power nap and a really good feed and poo when we got back so hes looking much happier. i can actually have the carrot cake i made on mat leave, there's still half in the freezer!

definitely found his thumb now, was trying to suck his thumb and bf at the same time. Needless to say he failed!

Wt...great news about childcare but wow that is a tight schedule for you...good luck x x

Ok quick question for you ladies....how long do you spend playing with your LO during the day?...not including feeding obviously and how long do you leave them (obviously not totally alone) to entertain themselves....in swing in front of.TV for example to.get things done around the house. M really into Baby tv at the moment and her swing while watching....have tried not to leave her in there too much but we have only been out for a quick walk into village today amd home pretty much most of the day....which has really dragged.

So today for me has been about 2 hours of actually play time with her...sat on my lap, on playmat but with me jigging toys around, with her rattle etc....probably about an hour or so in swing.....1/2 hour this morning....1/2 hour this afternoon...currently in.there now while i.sterilise bottles (and write this)....then another 2 hours total feeding and changing i guess.

I feel bad that i have things to around the house.......a little time for me to watch TV and go on internet and then functional (feeding and changing) time with her and play time with her....feel bhad i am not doing enough with her:cry:

As promised, pictures of A at 1 month old :happydance: (deleted for privacy)

LoZza you can sub the butter in any cake recipe for oil or marg/non-dairy spread. Soya spread gives good results. ;) carrot cake is great with oil.

L+L glad O likes her muzzie. F loves hers, wraps it round her fist and sucks it whilst trying to steal it with the other hand :haha

Mitch. F gets about 20 mins of my undivided attention throughout the day for actual "playing" :blush: its the best I can manage!

Honestly, I've been paintng in Roh's room for maybe 40 mins with OH looking after the kids and in that time both kids have landed on their heads! Roh twice! :dohh: Jeez, he's hopeless! :rolleyes: poor F was soo upset and cried horribly :cry: think she's ok though, no lump and I had a few smiles before she fed and fell asleep.

L&L - thats so cute!!! G is currently eating his cloth :haha:

Crowned - i love those photos x they are so lovely xxx

Mitch - i hv no idea time wise spent on play... but its less than 2 hours lol! so i would say stop worrying... whatever ur doing is fine :hugs:

\emera - i know but as i dont have time for homemade cakes its the ones in cafes i'm having to refuse, and i seem to spend a lot of time in cafes these days!! abstinence is better for the waistline.

\crowned - cute pictures! my favourite is the last one of the first post! good balancing skills (or good set up by photographer!)

Mitch - time spent "playing" depends what else i have on and ive never really sat and added up the time. he'll entertain himself on the gym for 20 mins happily, and also on his chair exploring a toy and i just talk to him as i rush round the house getting food or tidying.

Lozza, that's my fave too - I ended up using that for baby announcement/thank you cards :)

Mitch, I probably spend too much time playing with A. She doesn't like to be by herself on playgym or in playpen or jollyjumper for more than 10 mins or so, so I have to do things quickly while she's content. She also often naps on me (like now - typing one-handed), and other than feeds, most of the rest of the time we are out and about or playing. I know I'm making things difficult for myself as she is so needy/attached to me, but I'm not sure how to keep her content away from me for longer. Any suggestions? Prefer not to let her "just cry."

To be fair i am currently just wiggling a toy for M while she havibg naked time on bed...not much effort...but shes well happy and tiring herself out i hope

crowned....fantastic pics!!! Love them x

Gorgeous pics, Crowned!! I love that one where she's propped up on her hands, and also the last one from the second set where her hair is puffed up. Adorable.

I really need to get some professional pictures done. I just wish they weren't so dang expensive.

Crowned, midwives etc have all said to me you can't spoil them. Mine said if you look at most other mammals in the animal kingdom they keep their young with them until they're ready to wean themselves away. There's a school of thought that says the happier they are like that the more secure they feel when older and end up being more independent and happy. I'd say enjoy it while she wants to be with you, we 'll all have stroppy teenagers one day that won't want hugs (sob)!!

Those pics are great Crowned! She is adorable!

Keira will go about 45 minutes alone playing on her playmat. We haven't used her swing or bouncer in a few weeks now. She seems bored of them. I also get her down on a blanket on the floor with one of those tiny blanket toys and sophie. She refuses to sleep on me now and only wants to sleep in her cradle really. I also take her out on a lot of walks in the stroller on the trail by us. I also play with her at times like the airplane, playing in the mirror, singing songs or in her bumbo with rattles or Sophie. I still feel like she is in her cradle too much but I'm thankful for naps so I can get housework done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->