March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Morning Lads!

Mitch even though i only BF for a week i felt the same when i stopped, even though it was my decision to stop and was better for us all to stop. It is sad and i felt like i was letting O down, but she didn't care at all. You still get cuddles and bonding and M will still got everything she needs from FF. I don't feel like either of us missed out on anything now so I’m sure neither of you will either.
You'll mourn the loss of BF for a bit and will miss it but you'll both be fine and I’m sure your right about M being ready to.
You've done amazing though considering you weren't going to do it at all so should be really proud of yourself and you'll always have these first few months to look back on and think 'i did that!'.

Kym, can't wait to hear about how the sling is, I'm a bit addicited to slings now and am already looking for a second on for O now's she bigger one that is more stable for her to be in when awake and wiggling.

AFM OH finally got O down at 9 :nope: and she was awake again at half 1, but went back off quite quickly, then awake again at half 4 for a bottle, thankfully she went back off though till half 8! So better than the kast few nights but I'm not sure what happened to our 8-7 nights :cry:
Emera I didn't mention to him anything about it taking so long ect, just left him to it, I was sat on my hands the whole time though so i didn't just take her off him and do it myself.

oh and Walua i have to ask 0.5??? ummmmm what exactly makes it a .5?? :haha:

Official crap night here, fed every 2 hours and had a full clothes change due to a wee overflow at 2am. Couldn't get him down til 11.30 (well he had done 6.30 to 7.15 then 8-9.20) so feeling tired this morning and still in bed! I was too tired to resist feeding and try and release his stomach so opted for the easy option of feeding to make him feel better then slept cuddled up. Intervals got gradually shorter as the night went on and now he's sat in the pooping position to finally get it all out!

Looks like avoiding dairy isn't doing anything so far. Going back on the gripe water today - the one off 5 hours was the first day id forgotten to give him any so tried without it but that's obviously not the problem.

Waula - test now!!!!

Morning ladies...sorry for the not so great nights:hugs:

And thank you for all the support over bf to.ff switch....i am sure M's smile didnt mean that exactly but i like to.think it was...bless her:kiss:. Trying all bottles today...maybe just boob for some comfort of weaning her off rather than a decent feed....she is fine with bottles which is good but was rooting for boob after clearing nearly 7oz this morning. Think she was just tired and needed comfort as she fell.asleep within 2 mins...not sure she even got any milk:haha:

Loo...dont blame you putting off asda....i dont like the place and shopping with baby is not easy

Crow....hubby looked after M while i was being waxed...only in village and had a 7pm appt. This weekend i have a 90 min massage...hubby will have her. Its my birthday pressie:happydance:

Cant remember what else.i.was going to.say......ermmm thanks glow.and L&L for ff advice...i gave M a bigger bottle.this.moning...she took it all over an hour....two separate sessions but i imagine she needed it after over 12 hours sleep again. Am going to.stick with 6oz feeds and see how she goes during the day. I have to make sure i fit enough feeds into the 12 hours shes awake though so probably sticking to.3 hours between them. Do O and J have bottles every 3 hours ish? I guess that means i am moving more to timed feeds rather than on demand...hope thats ok. Sorry for all the questions until i get the hang of this:haha:

Enjoy your swimming etc ladies....whatever you are up to today x x

Oh my company have their sales and marketing today....messaged a couple.of colleagues...must say i feel.a bit left out. I am totally off the radar and it feels.weird....like i am not being missed and surplus to requirements now as they are covering my position..not replacing me. Anyone else feeling weird about work? Cant say i miss it....just nice to be missed if that makes sense:shrug:

Mitch if O sleeps all night i try to feed ever 3 hours during the day, but she generaly controls her feeds which means some days she does have a bottle less and other days she has a bottle more. before this week i found as long as she had a nice big feed before bed she would still sleep through (though the sleeping fairy seems to have forgotten us this week) and if she had less one day she'd make it up the next. I've not been overly worried about her eating what the tub says, the HV said as long as she has a longer sleep at night she's doing fine.

Mitch - to be honest work hasn't crossed my mind! My boss emailed me last week as he had a baby boy and then suggested a catch up. I made excuses about struggling to answer the phone when feeding so couldn't schedule a meeting!

My manger emailed me on monday and i've still not emailed back, they wont to know when i'm taking O in to show her off but i'm still not really up to facing them all at work and i have no idea why.

I'm still getting work emails, particularly from my mat replacement as she's having trouble getting everything done :smug: I've been to work for 2 days too...

Hmmm, work. I've been asked to go into my old place (contract finished in Feb) which I will but the last 2 months have meant it's not a priority. It's different for me as technically I've started a new 'job' already so I think, if you've got a chance to forget about work.....do!

On that, though I'm meeting a childminder tomorrow with a nervous and heavy heart, I'm lucky that its covered, to a certain level, as part of this role.

Hmmm, thanks Mitch, I'll see if I can schedule a wax when MrC's here.

Work? Pah! My new manager (I'll be starting from a new depot when I return) called me on Tues to ask when I would be returning. I just told him not for ages! Who knows, I'm not completely decided myself.

I lost 5.5lbs this week, but can put most of that down to stress. Will try to stick to the plan better this week.

O wont stop screaming, she's been at it a good half hour, really horrible high pitced in pain screams, i think it must be her gums as it started when i tried to feed her :cry: nothing i do will stop her or calm her down. I've given her calpol hoping it will help :cry:

L+L, hope O calms down. Have you tried her on milk-pops? Maybe try it. Just make a bit of formula up and then freeze it in an ice cube tray with a cocktail stick stuck in, then you can hold it for her to suck on, it might help soothe her gums. Also, baby bonjela works well. :hugs:

Work? :haha: Only reason its even crossed my mind is when I want a free coffee! I have been putting together a business plan though, so I guess that counts a bitt as thinking about work. ;)

Work??? Hmmm...
Lozza sorry for a bad night... Rest up xxx
Cupcake great night! Well done R! X
Loo 5.5lbs is incredible, shame about the circumstances though :hugs:
N got weighed this morning...15lb 2 yikes he's getting big!!!
Sunny here so off to pick strawberries xxx

Oh and by the way, no retching this morning when I brushed my teeth so we're safe on the pregnancy front! Phew!

the calpol kicked in and she finally calmed down and had something to eat. I've also stripped her down because she was boiling. she's now very cuddly and is happy just sitting on my lap, normally she wants to be carried around or on the floor playing and wont ever just sit peacefully with me if i'm not feeding her. She's munching on my thumb now. :cry: i wish i could take the pain from her. It was such a horrible cry.
thanks emera I'm gonna go freeze some milk in a bit and then i think we're gonna snuggle up and watch chitty chitty bang bang!

Work? Looking for a new teaching job in the fall- does that count?

L&L- loved the video and we have the same jumperoo, E loves the monkey!

Loo- sorry for the stress, I hope it's getting better :hugs:

Waula- great weight for N, so cute

My little peanut decided to stay up late and was up three times last night, going to need coffee to stay awake today.

So it's been pretty stressful for us the past week, dh lost his job on Monday, totally out of the blue. They eliminated the position he was in to cut costs. I'm sure he will find something better but in the meantime it's going to be tough. He's also pretty upset so I feel bad for him.:cry:

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but :hugs: to everyone

Morning all!

No coffee for me today - having a sleepy sofa day with A, although there's a chance we might clean up and go out to get some groceries this afternoon.

I can't believe how big/old our babies are already!! A has grown 4 inches in length/height since she was born 12 weeks ago. That's a LOT!!! :happydance:

Waula, didn't someone predict you would be the first one knocked up again? Also, I second the motion for an explanation of 0.5 DTD :)

Loo, nice job on the weight loss! I need some lessons in diet and self-control, lady! How do you deal with the hunger due to BF?

i went into the office this morning actually. they desperately want me back which is good! lol

hope the calpol works! i hate it when R cries like that

So sorry to hear about your husband's job, KK. Hopefully this will be the open door to finding something that's even better than what he had. :hugs:

Loo- Congrats on the weight loss (notwithstanding the cause). However, would you please stop sending your pounds to me! :haha:

Emera- What is your business plan about? Enquiring minds want to know. Plus, if it's a mommy-coaching school and bakery, I want to sign up as your first customer!!!

Waula- 15 lb. 2 oz??? Sounds like N has been sneaking to the pub. :munch:

L&L- kisses for little O. Sorry she's not feeling well.

AFM.... I took DS1 to the neighborhood pool last night and I took K with me while P stayed at home sleeping with my in laws. A woman at the pool asked me "Is he mixed? He looks ethnic." I was not sure if looking "ethnic" was supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing, but it made me giggle. I'm constantly amazed at how bold some people are with their questions. I told DH about it and he was pleased because he worries that everyone will assume K is only white. :rofl:

Double post...

Mitch, I was thinking about you last night as I remembered back to when my DS1 was weaned from the boob. I selected the the last nursing time so that I could etch every detail of the moment into my memory. I wanted the last feeding to be a sweet memory rather than a thrashing-baby-not-getting-enough-milk memory. After that, I think I had to pump one or two times to completely end the nursing process. I was so glad I did it that way because I still remember every thing about that morning and how he looked at me sweetly while he nursed for the last time. Anyway... I thought I'd mention it as an idea for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->