March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Mitch, you're a pro-mummy now!! :D. Amazing how fast you learn and gain confidence isn't it!? :). Newborns are soo cute, it goes so quickly though! :( OH and I are currently Skyping his best friend in Texas. He has his 3 week old daughter asleep on his lap. She's so teeny and cute! :cloud9:

Makes me miss M being that small:kiss:.....sooooo lovely

Right laddies.bed for me....quiet day tomorrow for me and M at the end of a busy week x

Night Mitch!

Reasonably quiet one for me too tomorrow outdoor playspace group for Roh and me and F and OH are having a lie in! :haha:

As far as guessing who is who, I used my amazing powers of deduction :haha: I knew missy was blonde (from an old avatar, I think), and cuppie was the other mum with a baby boy. I knew F was a bigger baby than M, so that helped sort Mitch from Emera, plus Emera has posted photos of herself before. Ta da!!

Love the picture! You're all adorable and I'm jealous. Pout!

Mitch, lol! Did you say, "Hand me the child, for I am the baby whisperer?" ;)

Not to one-up the stories about holding babies, but our friend came over with her 8-month-old and DH reached out to hold her. I practically fainted. He has never been into babies, ever! But G is slowly wrapping him around her little finger.

Our baby monitor died. Well, not completely, but the view screen part won't work on battery power. Such a pain. Sending it back and ordered a different brand--one with a belt clip, hallelujah!

That's a great pic! Mitch I seriously don't believe you are 39! Wow!

Crowned - My OH does night feeds when he is on nights and gets home from work if she wakes up before he goes to bed. Sometimes on weekends he will offer to take the first feed but that is fairly rare. I don't mind though as I am so much more efficient at it than him!

Hiya lads

It's 2am and we've been up twice already - gah!

Once at 12am for dummy and soothe and now for feed. A went down at 8pm ish and I tthen ironed all our stuff for hols on saturday until 11pm. I feel fabulous.

Crowned - nope hubby doesn't do night feeds. No excuse (although he says he doesn't hear anything...earplugs anyone). He occasionally gets up at for the 5-6am feed and then complains of being tired ALL DAY!!!! Ooops...a little resentment there eh!!

Hope you're all ok - gonna try and get her back down soon. Think it's a growing spurt and teething as she's been quite difficult for the past week. Love her immense amounts though xxxx

Ps soooooo jealous of meets lads!!!! You all look a-ma-zing by the way!!! Xxxxx

I've just posted this in the breastfeeding section but I though I'd post here too.. I really need help!!

Ok so the other night little one crashed out early missing 2 feeds. I woke at 2am in pain from engorgement. LO was stirring so I grabbed him to feed from the sorest breast and tried to get back to sleep. My boobs were really sore but not like normal engorgement pain. This hard to explain but they were tingling but the tingling was actually painful.. Not like shooting pain I guess more like lots of little pins stabbing... After and hour trying to get back to sleep with the pain coming and going I got up to have some panadol and was finally able to sleep.

I woke the next morning and they were still sore (still putting it down to being engorged). I tried expressing and feeding bub but it wasn't helping so again took more panadol! Sometimes bub has latch issues so feeding hurts but it's normally easy fixed and generally just the one side. Now feeding on both sides is hurting and my nipples are randomly hurting in between feeds. I noticed today that when I'm experiencing this pain my nipples are turning white but soon return to pink once pain has stopped.. The pain is terrible to the point I want to cry... I have no idea what the problem is but can't get a doctors appointment till next week!!

Someone please help!!

I just want to quit breastfeeding!

Wouldluv - Could it be Thrush? Kind of sounds like it to me?

Wouldluv sounds possibly like you have blocked milk ducts ? X try massage, hot and cold compresses and as painful as it is to feed as often as you possibly can.

I had this a week or two ago and it took 3 days to get rid of it but have had no problems since. Xx

Would luv, like Skadi said, it sounds like thrush. Has B got any white patches in his mouth? Is there a bf help line you could call? I hate to hear that you are in pain. :hugs:

Laura, glad A's baptism went well, though your weekend sounds exhausting! Yea for naps too!

Waula, I'm starting to think my weight loss is mostly down to D having me in training for when she is a toddler :haha: she just loves to be held, and jiggled about, and danced around, and held up high :wacko: all in all it's like a work out... She never bloody lets me sit down (apart from her epic nap last Friday :rofl:). It's certainly not down to my diet, though when I'm not being a pig, I do try and pull it back with healthy choices!

Speaking of weight...D is now a massive 10lb6oz :yipee: she's finally in double figures!

Nope.. No white patches in Bs mouth.. I've never had thrush So it could be but I don't think so.. Someone suggest vasospasm and I think it could be that. I'm not in as much pain this afternoon so hoping I'm on the mend..

Love the meatball-fest and photos from the meet up lads. You're all looking brilliant. Hope you get to meet again.

Wouldluv, thrush would feel like you have broken glass in your breasts. Have you looked at the Kellymom website to go through potential issues there? https://kellymom.com/ages/older-infant/sorenipples-older/ or probably more relevant to you https://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mother/nipple-blanching/

I think it's more important for you to be able to access a lacatation consultant rather than a doctor right now. Perhaps try the https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/ to see if they can work through what you've been experiencing or can recommended someone locally who you can see face-to-face. You may find a consultant at your hospital. Keep taking the paracetamol at a theraputic dose, that is, regularly and at the recommended amount.

Either way, a hot shower and some gentle massaging might be some light relief. Poor you :(

Sorry if anything above is like teaching you to suck eggs.

Well, I fell asleep whilst feeding E at 3am this morning and googling 'sleep regression'. Says it all really.

Wouldluv, ouch! Hope it gets figured out soon. my friend had a blocked duct from missing a feed on one side.

Two crazy days in a row here. Practically napless. How can she be wide awake all day?

On the plus side she is so cute it melts me. Earlier she heard a video of herself babbling and immediately fell silent and looked totally freaked out.

wouldluv - if it is thrush I really sympathise with you :hugs: I've had it on and off since T was 10 days old. When I first got it T had it as well but then the other times that it's come back T has shown no signs of it and it is possible for mum to have it and baby not. Although if it is thrush both of you should be treated for it because it's so easily passed back and forth.

I can't really describe the pain but it seriously made me want to give up. The pain when he latched on was excruciating, as bad as labour, and it made my toes curl. I cried a lot as well. But the doctor prescribed Clotrimazole cream for me and Daktarin gel for T and within a few days it was so much better. Unfortunately for us it keeps coming back though

xx

Sambles, that sounds horrid. :hugs: wouldluv, I hope you get it figured out soon.

X

AFM, Astrid just started rolling! I'm beyond proud although a little scared that I can't just leave her on a mat somewhere!

Ugh poor you Sambles! Thrush sounds awful :( hats off to you for persevering... Hope all the colds are getting better in your house :hugs:

Wouldluv hope you're feeling better...no advice just :hugs: xx

Rashy napless days eeek!

Loo fab weight Hun! Hope D grows out of the dancing / jiggling before she hits 20lbs or you're going to have monster biceps!!! X

Wish me luck today lads...going in to work and going to broach the subject of part time...would prefer "no time" as cant really imagine not being full time mum :nope: to you lads already there I salute you... :flower: they've never had part time workers so not sure it's going to go down well.

Have fun Fridays everyone!
Xxx

Ok so i now can't remember who asked but you can get Baltic Amber teething necklaces here https://www.gumigem.co.uk/ourshop/cat_571270-6Other-Teething-Products.html I saw them when i got y teething necklace.

:hugs: wouldluv - i can't offer any advise though but hope it gets sorted soon.

So jealous of your meet up yesterday lads - looking forward to Guildford now!

Sorry for the bad night nic :(:hugs:

We've had an amazing night!!!!! though it took a while to get O to sleep (half 9) she didn't have another bottle till half 7! She did wake up but i left her and she put herself back to sleep each time.
I found out i don't think she wants to be swaddled any more, She just used to kick it all off and get cold so i needed to re swaddle her, and she likes to fall asleep holding something, so i put her to bed in a grow bag with a cuddly bunny that has an attached blanket for her to hold. I woke up every time she did but she wasn't ever awake long! Finger crossed it works again tonight!

Hey to everyone else, hope everyone nights where/got better.

EDIT good luck Emera!!! All you can do is ask and see what they say

morning all from a happy me! R only woke once last night at 3am and slept through until 8am!!! fingers crossed it isnt a one-off

i think i might be down to the fact we moved him into his own room and he actually fed properly as well without getting distracted

in other news we have had a burst water main locally so the village was without water last night and now we have brown water (apparently safe to drink just high iron content) - good job the babe is bf as its not suitable for babies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->