March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Good luck Waula!!

Edit: yikes cup pie! Sounds yuck! Was it to do with the awful weather yesterday?

Was any one else caught up in yesterday's superstorm?

i guess it must be laura

not caught up in any of the scary storms i have seen on the telly, just thunder and lightening here, none of the crazy hailstorms thankfully!

Loo - Awesome weight gain for D! I can't wait to find out how much Keira weighs. I'm guessing around 12 lbs although she still seems so much tinier than that!

Wouldluv - Its probably not vasospasms as I get them due to having Raynauds disease and none of what you said sounds familiar aside from white tipped nipples.

City - That's so funny about the video! How does she react to mirrors?

Laura - Congrats on the rolling! Its amazing how quickly everyones LOs are learning new tricks!

L&L - Congrats on the good night! We are up early again at 3 after having been up at 12. I hope this does not last long!

Woo for the good night Cuppie! but boo for nasty water. Hope that gets fixed soon.

no storms here at al

oh and forgot to say congrats on the rolling laura! We'r all gonna need eyes in the back of our heads soon

Thanks everyone!!

Been using lots of lansinoh, had a hot shower and massaged and been really careful with B latching and I'm feeling better.. Will be being very careful over the weekend and if it gets worse again will head to the doctor next week..

I really wanna breastfeed till 6 months.. Only 2 and a bit months.. Hopefully I get there!!

Wouldluv...great advice from mscrow...sorry i can be of any help really but just wanted to send you:hugs: and say hang in there with bf ...you are doing an amazing.job x x

loo....woop for double figures weight.from D...good girlie and clever mum:happydance::happydance:

mscrow...you think.you have reached sleep regression stage? I.am worried

nicnak...where you.going on holiday.again? Just remembered i.asked hubby.to get my pre preggo.suitcase of summer clothes out of loft and he forgot....damn. He is away this weekend now....want to get sorted before centre parcs

Mouse....i didnt say that but wish i had now....bless.the mum she was just about to leave cos baby was screaming...was just amazed i could actually calm her. Bless you.OH...mine getting much more into M(not that he wasnt before) since sheactive is much.more responsive and interactive:kiss:

phone being dead slow....M just heading towards nap so.time for a tided up before cleanery

Wrote that post at 8am this morning.and it didnt go.up:wacko:

To add...yeah cupcake and L&L on your great nights

Just popped my car down for mot...hoping it passes ok...its the first and only. 3 years old so.cant see there being any major issues

Waula...good luck with PT conversation...i am broaching mine early Sept again...although they know its coming. Think.i.will be lucky to get a 4 day week...if they say no i will becone a full time baby whisperer ha ha ha

Laura....congrats for A and rolling scarily grown up...M wont be long so.really need to.sort out her napping locations during the day

is it normal for a baby to stop breathing when you tickle them. O held her breath and nearly turned purple before i realised what she was doing! Not doing that again.

Mitch hope the MOT goes ok, I'm sure it will.

MOT was fine...passed with flying colours...still costs £45:cry:

L&L...i havent had that happen to me...no advice to give...guess just keep an eye on her:hugs:

So M has a bit of a sunken fontanelle today...its pulsating as well...strange. I know this can be a sign of dehydration and it was a bit hot yesterday and maybe overnight....she has had the usual amount of formula to.drink. should i be worried? Is this normal every so often. I have heard of some mums being adviced to give a little cooled boiled water in warm weather though i never have. Dont want to automatically give more food? Any advice...ok to.give water?

gosh L&L that sounds a bit scary...

as does the fontanelle Mitch, i know it can mean dehydration but doesnt it mean they might be ill as well? im not sure, i think i would ring NHS direct if i was you....

plus, remember the tray dropping incident yesterday at ikea? looks like i lost my credit card in all the mess, all cancelled now btu what a pain having to wait for a new one!

We've given water to O before but when she wasn't eating when it was hot and we wanted to make sure she didn't become dehydrated. She hated it though and it was a struggle to get her to drink very much.
I'd say it's fine to give her water though!

EDIT oh no cuppie :( hopefully it wont take long to get to you!

and O is fine, she laughed when i stopped, just held her breath as i did it, she's never done it before. I think she's just a bit of an odd ball. I will not be tickling again though

It's a miracle both kiddies are napping at the same time :happydance: I took Sam to the park earlier and let him run around for an hour in the hope that it would tire him out and it worked :thumbup:

yay for sleepng children!

Mines been asleep since 11 and i just tried to wake her, put on her the sofa to get her a bottle and she's gone back to sleep :shrug: i think her teeth are playing her up again and she goes off her food when they hurt her. Do you think i should give her calpol so she will eat or just leave her to sleep?? She's only had 2 bottles today so far when normaly she'd be having her 4th soon

Hmm well I should really clean the bathroom, do the washing up or maybe do some exercise but I'm sitting down with a cup of tea and a hobnob!

Mitch, I hope M is ok! Have you tried changing her position? I find A's fontanelle feels different when she's upright vs. when she's lying down.

Lads, is there any concern about water intoxication for infants in the UK? I know your health standards/recommendations are sometimes different than ours are.

Cuppie, what a pain! :hugs:

Mitch, with ff it is recommended to offer water directly after a feed if you think she might be dehydrated. Don't offer before a feed though or she might drink the water and be too full for the formula! Don't worry too much if there are no other signs to dehydration. Its normal for the fontenelle to pulsate with their pulse sometimes. :) if she's having wet nappies, has a nice wet looking mouth (inside) lips are plump and she cries with tears then likely she's just fine! Maybe offer an extra oz here and there if you are concerned :)

L+L. Some babies hold their breath when they get excitted or upset. If you ever have a problem with breath holding (some toddlers do it until they pass out! :wacko: ) then all you have to do is blow hard in her face. Babies and children have a reflex which makes them breath in if you blow hard in their face :)

Loo yay on D's weight, double figures! :dance: Re; the sleeping, sounds like D and F could be on a job share!! :dohh:

Sambles, I did the same this morning, took Roh to the park and let hm run round for 2 hours! Brill! :)

If you ever have a problem with breath holding (some toddlers do it until they pass out! :wacko: ) then all you have to do is blow hard in her face. Babies and children have a reflex which makes them breath in if you blow hard in their face :)

I had no idea - but realized this is true because A will suck in a breath if I breathe in her face. This could be super helpful in a year or two - thanks Emera! You're wonder-mama again!!!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Thanks ladies...called nhs direct and they are calling me back.but said a little water in warm weather was probably a good idea. Still lots of wet nappies and drooling here. Wonder if thats why she was a bit more grouchy yesterday....no other symptoms. Have just given here water...she chugged an ounce down...wonder whether thats cos she didnt realise it wasnt food:haha:. She chucked back some...maybe in protest but going to.give a little more after.next feed. I had heard about giving water and certainly.didnt want to give more formula as she is not hungry.

I think.i.had too many clothes on.her.yesterday....she has so much.hair i.dont.think.she loses too much.heat from that area as other babies:haha:...the closeness of the weather caught me unawares

Cupcake...nightmare about credit card...glad you got it sorted but it s a pain

crowned - not that I know of. A lot of women are advised to give cooled boiled water if it's very hot, baby is dehydrated or constipated but I don't remember reading anything about concerns about babies having too much water. Is it different in Canada?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->