March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

I have not quite had time to read today, did add people from FB. Excited to look sometime and see pics of everyone and their little ones. Hopefully have time tomorrow but I expect it will be more like Sunday. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

MsC, that's fab! Well done E! D sleeps well, but will be wide awake from 5am because of it. That's the pay off for me having 5-6 hours sleep I guess :shrug:

I've got a friend coming over today who I have not seen since uni 10 years ago. Kind of scared about how much everything has changed, but excited to see her. Need to start to think about packing for Sunday too. I HATE packing and usually leave it until an hour before we go but I guess things need to be a bit more organised with D!

Aww, Mouse :hugs: I'm sure G was fine! Why (particularly mums and mils) need to defrost milk is sooo beyond me, but biit does seem to come with the package?!? :shrug:

MsC yay to 8-5 but boo for 5am wake up! If I'm honest though, I'd swap you!!

Uuh, other stuff, but my brain is aching! :wacko:

F slept 7-something, probably about 1 or 2am I think. Then at 3am she decided it was shouty kick about time and did Demented Cat for an hour! :shock: then would only settle sitting cuddled with me, so I've woken with a really dead arm! :rolleyes:
She's currently lying next to me working on Variations on Demented Cat again!

Result! I went down for a cup of tea and went back upstairs at 6 to find E sleeping so got back into bed and we woke up at 8:20. Thank god.

Have a great time with your friend Loo. I have a friend who I didn't see for a good many years, maybe 8. we just carried on like we'd seen each other the week before and since the pregnancy she's been a constant----but geographically distant, friend.

Ugh, Demeted Cat in Slightly Off Key of E is the favourite in our house. It's currently emanating from the bedroom. I ran off to eat breakfast and post about my very strange dream.

OK, oddness alert.

I was looking out the back window as dusk fell, watching the film crew wrap up - they were at the bottom of the street in trucks like 1950's US icecream trailers and had been filming in the forest at the back. We had a huge garden going up to the forest (we don't have any garden) and from the sky I watched a mahoooosive dog fall from the sky, it was a cross between an alsatian and a pit bull, and it runs off into the forest, then another huge dog falls out and does the same. Poor film crew, they're all out there. Slightly concerned I decide to ring the police but spend ages trying to get through so decide to check the back gate is firmly locked. It is, with 3 locks, one rusted, but on the walk back I see a small family trying to get in, they give up and walk on. I then notice some twins have also fallen from the sky (I realise later they're WT babies) and scoop them up and into the house, locking everything behind me. Bizarrrely, as if it wasn't a strange day already, my mother insists she wants to have a cigar outside and though I plea about the damn dogs, there's no stopping her. So I look to my dad and he shrugs his shoulders. I'm left with E upstairs, soundly sleeping and the twins who are starting to wake up. But that's ok, I have some Aptimil in the cupboard from being in hospital (true) so I make their bottles up and ask MrC to help me feed them.

And then I woke up.

Hi everyone,

We are definitely in the midst of the 4 month growth spurt/sleep regression. Bad times! T is still waking every 2/3 hours at night but during the day he is also being very crabby.

We had it all going on this week. I had very bad hayfever on Monday which then turned into a cold. Tuesday T had his jabs and it was soo hot which didn't help things. Then Wednesday we were at my mum's and Sam fell all the way down her stairs :cry: So we took him to a & e because he landed on his head and was very dazed and confused. They kept him in for obs for 6 hours so we didn't get home til 11.30pm :wacko: So yesterday we were all shattered. Hope the next few days will be better.

Can I get in on this fb action? It would be nice to put faces to names?

Blimey sambles, what a day! Hope both boys (and you) are ok now. I'll look out for you appearing on loo's FB and add you. I'll be LP - and my pic is me &Z.

Loo - is it this Sunday you go on holiday? That's come round quick! I did wonder if you could pop into tesco but don't worry if that's the day you're going away. It's only to choose a photo of Z so hardly important! Bluebird what were the pictures like?

Msc - now that is weird!

Nic - :hugs: no real advice from me that the others haven't already put very well. I think DH being in the spare room has actually helped us a lot. He's not tired so can do all te housey stuff and is generally in a reasonable mood. When he's tired he's really grumpy. He does sometimes pull the "I'm at work day card" and when I try and say so I am I he offers to swap. The trouble is he sees at weekends that z does nap sometimes so I could get stuff done, what he doesn't realise is that when there's 2 people around its much easier. Like he totally can't bath Z by himself, I pointed out the other night that its what I do most nights and you could almost see the lightbulb going on! For an easy life I normally just agree with him as if we ever do argue then he's too stubborn to ever apologise so i try and avoid it. I'd talk to him sooner rather than later though otherwise resentment will build ad t will get a whole lot harder.

Lozza, we are not t the airport until 6.30pm so have got all day! Let me know if you want me to.

Sambles, I've added you :hi:

Is it odd that my fb pic is not of my darling daughter but of Dave Grohl? It is a great photo. I don't think I have any that good of Dharma :winkwink:

MsCrow. Odd. Very detailed...am seriously impressed with the detail!

MsC, brilliant dream! I love a good dream me! :). That one is a good'un, its great when you remember the detail. :)

My favourite dream is a recurring one I've been having since childhood, that I'm a lion, and live, with my pride in the overgrown and lush ruins of a city. Its a great dream, love having it! :)

Dead proud of Roh, we were out all morning and he asked to use the potty in the park (he actually stopped playing! :shock:) and then I was making his lunch and he did an unprompted poo iin the potty! So clever, and sooo nice to have cut down the nappy laundry so much!! :)

msC - i had to re-read your post because at first i missed the part about it being a dream!!! lol

im off to work on monday for a full day. my boss phoned me yesterday pleading me to come in and help him with a couple of difficult cases.

NB - i actually typed this message about 2 hours ago, then suddenly remembered R had his vaccinations so i hared it down to the clinic luckily only 2 mins late and he was seen by the nurse. he seems fine at the mo and is now asleep

Well done Roh!!!

Such a good boy!!! :thumbup: D's being screamy. I think it's tummy wind again. Thought it had settled down too. :cry: the friend who I am meeting is 4.5 months preggo. I hope D doesn't put her off babies! I agree she's not the best advert for a content child!!!

Argh, F just woke up from a nap, and when I picked her up, her ear squelched! :shock: when I looked, it was completely full of gloop! :sick:

Sooo, back to the doctors AGAIN! :dohh:

cuppie - G was meant to have his vaccinations on monday.... but i forgot :blush: so they are now on this monday lol. Hope you dont have any post-jab drama :hugs:

criw - loving the dream. was so confused at first :haha:

emera - YAY GO ROH! such a clever boy x

ok so here i go with a bit of me,me,me....

firstly.... i lost my 2pounds! YES!!!!!
secondly.... i hate Jillian Michaels. Gah.

third and most important.... G seems to have a rash over his chest and tummy, been there since day before yesterday. It coincides with hot weather and it looks like heat rash :shrug: anyone else experienced this on their LOs??
only other thing is he has patches of dry skin on back which i thought might be due to clothes rubbing when i wind... but maybe not. seeing HV on tuesday so if still there then i will show her.

My boobs are going to explode. Cant wait till he's hungry.

Way to go Roh!! :happydance: But icky re: F's ear. :sick:

Ms.C- I love the weirdness of your dream. I tend to have highly detailed, bizarre dreams too. And thank you so much for taking care of my little wonder twins when they dropped into your dream. :hugs: :haha:

Cuppie- Hopefully you'll get some extra sleep out of R after his jabs. :thumbup:

Loo- I disagree about your not having that good of a pic of D! She takes the best photos! :flower:

FT- Huzzah for the weight loss!!! I bet a Gillian Anderson workout video wouldn't leave you nearly as hateful. :haha:

Mouse- Glad you were able to get away for a few hours even if it did result in some unnecessarily thawed milk.

AFM... I don't want to jinx myself by getting too happy about it, but the past two nights, we've shown improvement in the sleep department. Last night K made it all the way to 3:30, which is a vast improvement over his midnight shenanigans earlier this week.

I'm off to a follow up doctor's visit. (My last pap was done while AF was visiting, the doctor wanted a do over after 3 months). Anyway, I'm anxious to see what my weight is on the doctor's scale. Fingers crossed it's the same as it was this time last year.

Yay Roh! Good lad. And poo to poor old F's ear

FT yay on the weightloss! You're an x files weight loss genius. Yes, T has had a heat rashy thing on his belly for ages. But he also has a bit of baby eczema. so defo ask the HV (although mine told me it was because i wasn't washing him enough so he was sore). . Oh and the AF i said i was having a few weeks ago was just spotting too!

WT - fab night for you, makes you feel sooooooo much better about life doesn't it?

Cuppie, yay for R! I have to admit he is SUPER cute!

Plumber didn't turn up today... again. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

How can you tell the difference between baby eczema and just dry skin?

I've been keeping up to date with thread btw, its just that by the time I go to reply I've forgotten everything I wanted to say! It doesn't help that I'm exhausted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->