March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Thanks for the fb adds ladies, it's nice to 'see' you all :thumbup:

Lozza - was just having a read back and saw that you had given Z some formula. Was he ok with it? Only reason I'm asking was that if he did have a dairy allergy he would have had a reaction to the cows milk protein in the formula. When we tried Sam with formula he only had about 2 sucks and came up in a bright red rash all around his face which then turned to eczema. Someone might have already said this so I'm sorry if I'm just repeating.

Lozza- Sambles raises a good point. If Z tolerated the formula okay, then dairy shouldn't be the problem since the formula would be a concentrated dose of the stuff. So maybe cheesecake will be in your future after all. :)

Skadi- Eczema is typically thicker/scalier than dry skin.

Regarding weight loss.... not quite at my official pre-preg weight. One more pound to go. Of course, that doesn't address the extra 10-15 pounds of chub that I really ought to lose on top of that.

While I was there, my doctor switched me off the mini pill since I'm no longer nursing. Because I got pregnant while taking regular BCP, he recommended that I give the NuvaRing a try for a couple months to see if I like it. Has anyone else used it? My doctor's nurse swears by it, and my best friend loves it too. I'm open minded... but not convinced. I suppose it's worth a try.

wt - wow can't believe you've had twins and only got 1 pound to go. That's amazing :thumbup:

And also Lozza if you put a drop or 2 of cows milk on Z's leg you should be able to tell if he's allergic or not. We did this with Sam when he was about 7 months and a rash appeared almost straight away. But I think if Z was fine with the formula then dairy isn't the problem. So you should go and eat ice cream, cheesecake and drink a pint of milk :thumbup:

Wow WT, I'm jealous! I think I've lost 10 lbs so far... kind of depressing since I gained 30 lbs during my pregnancy.

Sambles - I wondered that about formula and asked my antinatal friends who said it wouldn't contain dairy as its meant to be breast milk! I didn't believe them. He was fine on formula so hooray, don't think it is dairy! Anyway tonight I've had pizza with cheese on and a fudge bar. Oh well.

Mouse - I think it's FT's G with the rash not Z. He shows no other signs of intolerance so I've never really thought its that anyway.

Driving south tonight, normally Z falls asleep pretty quick in the car but it's taken him 3 hours to finally drop off! Duracell Z.

Hi ladies...i am back from our holidays...had the most fantastic weather (UK ladies will appreciate how lucky we were). Center parcs was great...cannot rate it highly enough....loads of kids yes but the most well behaved ones ever. Not running around screaming and shouting...always excuse me if passing on bikes. Such a nice change. M was an angel....even with change in surroundings, new travel cot and hot weather she was ace. Still sttn :happydance:

Anyway enough about me.....have dipped in and out but really cant remember everything. Anyone want to do me a summary????:haha:.

Nic..:hugs: for you...hope you have sorted things with OH x

New (not so new) ladies ....thanks for fb adds x

Those of you on fb can look at some very cute pics of M on hols.....tried to attach here but were too large :nope:. Talking of cutebabies...congrats to baby R cupcake x oh andwhats happened about house...did i read that you were looking again?

Watching the ceremony...looks pretty amazing. Interested to here what you non UK ladies think

Ooooh lozza....hope you had/have safe trip down south and see you Wednesday x

Lozza, formula uses cows milk as a basis with a lot of stuff changed and added to make it digestable for babies. Its really well nutritionally tailored, but it's definitely dairy!! You can get soya based formulas though which are just as good. Probably more pricey though.

Um, what else, bleh, not sure. :dohh:

I'm feeling horribly guilty, took F to the doctors and she has really severe ear infections in both ears and one of her ear drums has burst! :cry: My poor baby! :( I feel like such a bad Mother for not noticing. The doctor looked at me strangely and said "has she not been really ill the last few days or so?!" Erm, nope, not so much :shrug: a little grumpy, but I thought it was the heat. :(
Aww, she's getting thoroughly pampered now bless her, I'll have to make it up to her!

Lozza- Formula is most definitely dairy unless it's specifically marked as non-dairy (i.e. Soy based formula). So go have another fudge bar!!!!!!!!!! :munch: MMMMMMmmmmMMMM!

Skadi- Don't be too jealous. My pre-preg weight was definitely on the thicker side, so saying that I'm 1 pound away is still plenty fluffy. :blush:

Mouse- I wish my sister lived closer for the same reason -- I'd love to have her just drop since finding a whole week is so tough and exhausting for both of us. (She's in San Francisco.) As for my mom... I think we get along better BECAUSE she lives 1000 miles away and can't drop by. :haha:

EDIT TO ADD:

Mitch- M is GORGEOUS!!!! Love the holiday pics!!

Emera- Don't feel guilty. DS1 only ever had 3 ear infections, but every time, he went from being fine to burst ear drums without any fussiness in between.

Yep Lozza the others are right. 'Normal' formula contains cows milk protein so I reckon Z isn't allergic so you can go on a dairy binge! We were prescribed soya milk for Sam, not that he ever drank any

Mitch, glad your hols were good! :)

Loving the opening ceremony, Danny Boyle is a crazy genius! :haha:

I must say emera...i was unsure to start with but loving it.....:happydance:

Oh and hope F gets better soon:hugs:

It's been a bit "bonkers" eh? :haha: Taken all together, its pretty impressive, got to be said!

im loving it to, thought it was going to be rubbish but its actually rather good!

mitch - the sellers pulled out!! absolutely gutted. nothing else any good so prob sell and move in with family until something good comes up. nervous about whether we are doing the right thing.

Oh cupcake...thats awful. I think you are doing the right thing....sometimes difficult to get a buyer in this climate...saying that you had loads of interest. Certainly will save alot of pain of a possible long chain and makes you a very attractive buyer...could bag you a bargain. Just dont leave it too long in case prices bounce back slowly. The perfect house is out there for you x

Oooh and happy 4 months to R x

Woo! Thanks all. Cake here I come

Arrived safely at my sister's house on the cycle route so watch out for us tomorrow! I'll be holding Z up in his union jack outfit hoping it still fits! Missing the ceremony as I'm feeding him in the dark, he's really fighting sleep tonight! Watched the first 5 mins on my phone in the car and it looked really good. I'm well excited now!

Yep Mitch see you Wednesday! And L&L!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->