March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Oh yummy Emera, that all sounds delish!

So apparantly Keira is laughing and talking and rolling around on her playmat with my sister. Seriously!

We were late for the wedding as someone (not me) put in the wrong address and I felt bad until I realised OHs best friend still isn't here (an hour later almost) and its his FATHER getting married!

OH is being an ass so I'm just sitting in the car at the moment. This should be a fun night out. :|

Edit: I've just been advised of the biggest poonami in keiras life. So she is having a bath now. Oh dear!

Oh oh Skadi! Hope your evening improves! :hugs:

Well, the muffins are yum as normal, the buns are really nice and have just been stuffed in the jar with honey syrup overnight. The orange cake has had its syrup poured over too, and need another soak tomorrow. Lemon and rosemary cake is a bit meh, but smells nice - needs work! And the fudge is never going to get the chance to set properly the way i'm picking at it, its lush!! :D

Great work on the weight loss ladies.... I have no idea what I weighed at the peak of the pregnancy :shrug: but the fact that all my jeans / trousers are too big is a good sign.....!

We got our jumperoo off a website called 'preloved' which sounds well dodgy - but it's like gumtree - M looooves it - he will sit looking at it now - until we put him in it - then giggles uncontrollably! Very funny

Mmmmm Emera - that sounds lush!

We tried a cup for the first time on Wednesday and we got the same look of disgust when he found it was water :haha:

Put formula in it yesterday and he had a really good go with it! just couldn't always aim it in his mouth.
I pureed some broccoli yesterday so might try that tomorrow as he's getting the hang of the porridge! goes a bit mental oriental when he sees the spoon coming it's funny!

Loo - J isn't rolling either but did manage to get kind of half on his side yesterday...he's far too lazy! he does love the baby walker though! I wrap a towel round him which makes the seat snug...he's even starting pushing it backwards :shock:

He hates the bumbo seat and being on his tummy :shrug: the minute you stand him up on his feet he smiles!

Enjoy your holiday LOO!!!

Loo, E's not rolling either, like J she tries for her side. Likes to be pulled into sitting and loves standing.

I bet Keira's happy as Larry after her poonami. Hope your day improves Skadi.

Emera, I'd eat all your baking.

Please send good vibes to my dad. He has a massive infection and is in critical care on maximum support. E and I are leaving on the first train to Birmingham in the morning.

Mscrow sending massive positive vibes for your dad and much love to you and E xxx

MsC, I'm so sorry to hear this. I guess you'll be nearly on your way now. Take care of yourself and E, and I will be thinking such positive thoughts for your dad. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Emera, so pleased I didn't read about all that baking earlier. The slimming world chocolate cake tasted like cardboard, and the sound of those lush cakes would have had me running to the supermarket!

Ah well, an entire week off the diet starting from tonight. I wonder how much damage I can do?!? :haha:

Skadi, hope your evening improved? Sounds a touch chaotic!!!

Well we go in 12 hours and I've still not done anything. I'm more concerned about how many fenugreek I have as D has decided to drop her feeds down to 5 a day and I'm concerned about how my supply is going to react. Maybe a trip to holland and Barrett will be in order! So much for saving money by bf, I'm spending more on bloomin fenugreek tablets than I would on formula :rofl:

MsC, thinking of you and I hope your dad has the best possible outcome.

Xx

MsC, thinking of you, and sending all good vibes and strength to your Dad. :hugs: xxx

Msc sending you mega vibes for your dad. Get there quick and e can give him some healing kisses. Xxxxx

Loo, sending you milky vibes... xxx

Mscrow...sending positive vibes to.your dad x x :hugs: for you

M loves standing.and sitting too but isnt.rolling...thats why i.think.a jumperoo will suit her..we have a bumbo.with activity table round it which.she quite likes but think that will be more useful when we start weaning....will feed in it as it has has a clear table area.

Going to try formula in.the cup today. Have you all got soft spout ones? I have TT one with soft mouth piece which i havent tried but have tried a traditional harder mouthpiece one T T also

MsC thinking of you x

mousey - we are going to move out, put all our furniture in storage (we have a crazy amount 7 sofas/armchairs!) and wait until something good comes along and then pounce. risks are the market will go up, we might give in and buy something crap cos we are fed up with living at my parents etc plus points - we will be 'cash' buyers

lucily my parents have a lot of room so we will get our own room, R will have his own room and we will get our own lounge. Not sure how i am going to deal with real nappies etc whilst in someone elses house.

loo didnt you live with your parents for ages? how long and how was it?

i tried a coup with R with formula in but he didnt like it at all -screwed up face!

Mitch, we use the hard spout tt first cup. I used some soft spout ones with Roh, but stopped quite fast as he just used to chew them to death and they would start breaking. Then of course you can't use them when they have splits in as bacteria sits in the cracks, and they get leaky! It took Roh a few months to get the hang of drinking from a cup without help.
Also, I think every baby should have a jumperoo/sprung activity centre!! Roh had a slightly knackered 3rd hand exosaucer activity centre (which we will hopefully get back for F before long!) and it truly was his favourite thing ever!! I'd always get worried about just plonking him in there, and after 45 mins-1 hour I'd try to take him out, and he'd go completely mental until I put him back in again! :dohh: Loved it for about 6-7 months or so, until he was about 13 months old, or more, and even after then he went in it for shorter spells! That's good mileage for a toy!

Cuppie, if your mum has a utility room with space, can you take your washer/dryer with you so the nappies won't be taking up laundry time in her machine? Just a thought. If not maybe go with disposables temporarily, or use a mix, to cut down on washes. ;)

Hah, F just spent 45 mins in her door bouncer, loving it and jumping non-stop,then I took her out, fed her and she's totally conked out! :haha: must have knackered her out all that jumping! ;)

Really want to do more baking today, but I'm pretty much out of ingredients and its raining, so don't want to go to the shops! Boo hiss! Maybe I'll bake some bread instead...

emera - no utility room unfortunately. im not worried about the washing so much but more the drying. i try not to tumble mine to save wear and tear and they dry within a day in my conservatory. its just my mum won't want them hanging in her lounge - lol. i think it might have to be disposeables for a bit or tumble drying?

im gutted. my cousin is rowing in the olympics and i missed her race this morning! she won though and is racing again on wednesday so will make sure i don't miss that one!

bake some bread! i love homemade bread.

poor R has spent ages trying to nap this morning but has just passed out thankfully.

Cuppie, you could always tumble the inserts and air dry the covers (which are the bit that tumbling tends to wear out after a while). The covers would probably dry overnight in a bathroom on a rack, or out on the line, so no need to have them all over the lounge! The inserts actually benefit from tumbling, it increases their absorbancy!

Really excited about getting M a jumperoo now emera....I think she will love it as she loves being on her feet and playing with the toys on activity centre/playmat. I am not sure about door bouncers myself as we have two cats and I couldnt/wouldnt want to leave her dangling with them around....not that I would leave her but I would be worried about looking away for 2 seconds iykwim. Plus they look scary:haha:. She likes playing with stuff so think the jumperoo with toys on it would be better....although all this 'stuff' doesnt half take up some bloody room :nope:

Unfortunately the one I found on Netmums - the lady replied saying someone else was interested but would let me know if she didnt show up to collect etc. Back onto ebay then

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->