March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Thanks ladies...i am in no hurry.

Cupcake...do you mashed stuff not totally puree? I thought ideally not lumps until nearer 6 months? Or are you getting rid of all lumps by mashing? Good idea to get R started with going back.to work

Might give it another week or two :)

mitch - most stuff is pureed but i just mash banana and avocado with a fork (as they are really soft). He doesnt have any lumps!

im surprised by how much he eats, at first it was just a few teaspoons but now he will eat most of a kiddies ikea plastic bowl (if you know the ones i mean) of porridge.

I have made him apple sauce to go in his porridge tomorrow for a bit of a change from his banana - its fun!

Hi lads... Been away on mini holiday to Shropshire with DH and N. Lovely lovely few days...
MsC hope your Dad is fighting the infection. Big hugs xxx
Loo happy holidays!!! X
Skadi odd wedding!
Jumperoo - we got one off amazon, N wasn't too keen to start with but he loves it now! (glowie lol at J head planting the tray!!!!!
Mitch glad you had fab time at CP - gorgeous pics of you both on FB x
Emera omg I'm slobbering here at the sound of your baking! Yum!
Missy bargain 30quid for all that stuff. Love a good bargain. And amazing weight loss! Half stone here I'm hoping the 30 day shred may help.
Cuppie good plan re house...
No food or cups here :shrug: no signs...and boobs are easier. Going to wait til some signs I think but he's been sat in high chair this weekend so going to get him in that this week at mealtimes...quite excite about weaning...going to try relaxed BLW ie bit of both but start with chunks and mash stuff if I am short of time...
Had some terrible nights at this end and fEeding every 1-2hrs and in 4days he's gone from tiptoes in jumperoo to flat feet and he feels enormous!!!
Right time for a big soak in the bag...
Xxx
Edit... Not bag but bath :haha:
Just found emeras weaning guide (page 363). It's ace. Thanks! X

Enjoy your soak Waula! No growth spurt then? :haha: glad you had a good few days. :)

Feels like F has really slowed down with her weight gain, but definitely still growing, she looks longer and less chubby. :). I think her gain is slower as she's not been feeding brilliantly whilst being ill.

OH got off work early and arrived home with a load of baking ingredients. Just made a Battenburg for fun, because I fancied one and its OH's fav. :haha: think I'll jump in the bath too, even though F is up and giggling at OH :dohh:

Yay! Waula's back!

I've just ordered the shred... gulp.

Oh is going away tomorrow morning for 3 weeks! I've got things planned for most days but I'm nervous.

Made an amazing lasagna today, purely from leftovers, plus lentils and a ton of cheese. So good. And loads left to freeze.

Plumber update... I was expecting him tomorrow, he's had ohs key since Tuesday... just got a text to say its his sons 18th so he's going sway and he might come on Thursday. Dad is about to sack him...

I want lasagne followed by battenburg. You're not helping my jelly belly (bum/thighs/saddle bags!!!)
Eek missy, 3 weeks?!? And that plumber needs some hormonal ranting.
Right, experienced boobers... Considering going back to "w" from jan but n refusing bottles still...by then will it be reasonable to be boobing morning/night only?? Can you give milk in a cup if I'm on call and out?? Free flow one or soft spout??? Or could he take a bottle despite refusing one for a month? Hate that work is affecting my feeding plans but needs must :(

I'd say options would be cups, or he might fancy a bottle by then... milk feeds will be less by then I'd imagine...

My w plan has been made... Mondays mist weeks and then occasional weeks with a few shifts on delivery suite. Then back to full time from Feb...

Crap...didnt get the jumperoo on ebay:cry:. They went for silly money in the end. Will.keep looking

Waula, by Jan it will be fine, really. Its a whole different kettle of fish by then. N will be like 10 months. He will be able to drink milk from a cup no worries, and likely will be fine with 2 feeds a day. If not, to be honest he could have cows milk for one feed in the day and boobie morning and evening. I know cows milk is 12 months + as a main drink, but as PART of his milk intake by 10 months, it wouldn't hurt. :shrug: cup-wise, free-flow, soft or hard spout, an open cup with a straw whatever works, if he likes it and will drink from it, great. :). I personally wouldn't bother trying to force the bottle issue, if he's not keen then he's not, it won't make any difference if he has milk from a teat/straw/spout/boob, as long as he has some milk! :hugs: Anyway, once they get to 12-18 months, you then want them off bottles as the sucking can damage their teeth (although Roh had one bottle a day up to about 21 months and it wasn't an issue) so, might as well skip that whole thing. :)

Missy, I know its not right next door, but you have an open invite to visit for the day if you are at a loose end/ want some company/ want to stick your feet in a paddling pool and eat loads of cakes, whilst you're home alone! ;). Just drop me a txt if you feel like a day trip! :hugs:

Ahhhhhh, yay, thanks emera! I will defo do that. Probs not this week as I've made silly little plans each day but possibly the two after thar... seems like forever!

Sounds like a plan missy :) what u hoping to go feeding wise?
My w plan also bit more sorted... 2 days one week, 3 days te next week, 1:8 rota for on call (compromise) but we've decided to move over to the family farmhouse in Shropshire in march 2013 so will be big commute but DH will come with me and bring N for on call weekends and we'll stay with in laws for the weekend. Couldn't bear the thought of being all alone in B&B all weekend waiting for the pager to go off so just need to organise nursery/family child care now.

Feeding wise I think I should be ok with the one shift weeks... the others I'm nit too sure, as the shifts are 13 hrs with an he commute each side... guess I just go with the flow. Desperate to continue feeding myself though. I've bought a cool pack so I can express at work

Yeah Missy if you didn't plan to express where you'd be missing a feed I'd be concerned. That's what happened to me, my shifts clashed with feed times. Only about 4 feeds a week, but I couldn't express, and it was enough disruption that after 2 months back at work, that was my bf finished, as I just didn't have enough supply left. In all honesty, probably the last couple of weeks I was pretty much dry nursing as I didn't want to admit I was done. :(

Is it wrong to eat cake in the bath? :munch:
Cake is nice, but I think I got a bit carried away this weekend, definitely on a savoury tip tomorrow! :sick:

Not wrong at all emera!

Ice still git mega over supply and will be expressing to donate anyway so shouldn't be too bad...

Hope everything is ok MrsC - make sure E gives lots of loves and kisses to your dad x

Possible daft question alert.... those who are using the cups - how are you cleaning them.... I was contemplating giving (i think it's a ) tommy tippe first cup (it has handles on both sides and sure it's from 4 months) but I didn't want to arse about sterilising unnecessarily - but didn't want to just wash in normal hit soapy water if that was going to not be the right thing... I assume that once they get to 6 months plus - regular hot soapy water is sufficient?

Hot soapy water should be fine. Where I'm donating milk they advise not to sterilize my pump. Just thoroughly wash

Yeah, hot soapy water is fine. You could swill it out with boiling water from the kettle too if you wanted. To be honest, they are all at the age where they are sucking and chewing on clothes /hands /fingers/ noses/ toys/ whatever they can get near enough to their mouths, and I bet most of that isn't sterile, so it probably isn't that important. By the way, the top shelf of the dishwasher sterilises things, so if you have one, just bung it in there! ;)

thank you ladies... it amazes me that EVERYTHING goes in the mouth....*eugh*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"