March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

How was your night in the end Lozza?

Because I'm not bf anymore, I just don't have the chance to keep up and respond on here so much, especially not at the moment when I have a hundred other things to do before we go away. I miss my lovely long breast feeds where I just got to stop and sit down for 40 minutes!!! (The really fussy upsetting feeds I don't miss at all!)

Dogs are still being buggers. I think It's magic, the older one. We went to bed at midnight, and Al got up at 4 am and there was a puddle. BAH! We are going to try penning them in tonight.

Hope everyone else is ok. xxxxx

Loo in the end I gave up at half 1 and put him in the buggy in the kitchen. Slept there til half 4. On the positive side it meant he was only fed at 7, 12 then 4.30 which I guess is an improvement.

Eeek 13 days!!! No wonder you're busy!!

Lozza - dont apologise - we are here for support and if that means sleep diary then so be it - You are a star for lasting this long on so little sleep - i take my hat off to you

Loo - eeekkkkk how exciting are you orgainsed ?? Sorry no advice on doggies

L xx

Lozza - please keep posting hun. I think this place kept me sane in those first 5 months when I was up night after night feeding N. And I love how that is a better night for you! I know what you mean though, 3 feeds is defo an improvement!!!!

Loo - posted on FB about magic. just wondering if its stress peeing or actual incontinence (if she's a girly and spayed there are drugs which replace the oestrogen that she now doesn't have in her body which keeps the bladder neck muscle strong...) otherwise maybe a nappy??! :haha:

and yeah yeah whatever...busy busy wedding planning schmedding planning. 13 fricking days now get your ass off here...and get bazzilioning or choosing confetti or dressing D in an amazing gorgeous dress... :)

very excited about our meet up lads xxx

Lozza....dont apologise....ever!!! We are here for you (may not as frequently as I would like) and I agree with Vitfa...you are a star!! I dont know how you do it. Have you thought about speaking to the HV....? Its just we have one around here who is runs sleep workshops and she has worked wonders for a friend of mine with regards bedtime routines and nighttime activities. My other friend is getting a visit from her next week at home to discuss why her LO has started to wake during the night frequently and only a feed will settle him....she thinks its cos she still feeding him to sleep (that might not be the case with you but......)...worth a try??

I am feeling a bit down today....M is a great sleeper and napper BUT when she misses one OR is overdue she is a bit of a mardy cow.....worried about Monday that she is not going to be a happy bunny if she doesnt get her nap. Oh well always something to worry about eh?? Struggled with her between 4-5pm today....I know I am moaning about nothing but I got a little teary about it.

Hubby off at cinema tonight with friends.....I am jealous!! I can always go I know but......oh I dont know...I guess life is so much different now....most of the time in a good way

Right moan about nothing over....back to fb for happy talk :happydance:

Paula, we joked about a nappy last night. With a tail hole cut out. Could possibly be the most hilarious thing ever!!! We have phoned the vet, and he gave us a skinny little phial to collect pee in. WTF? I am going to buy the pheramone plug in now though. See how we get on. And thank you :hugs:

Lozza, do you get back to bed when he is snoozing in the pram? If so, yea! But horrible if you have to stay downstairs with him :hugs:

Mitch, don't worry!!!! I have a feeling there will be a lot of overtired and grumpy babes. I'm hoping we will all be fairly sympathetic to it!!!! xxxxxxxx

oh mitch - they're all going to be in the same boat hun. it's going to get noisy isn't it!! :wacko: N will be all overwhelmed, clingy, stationary and mute :haha:

Thanks lads...i just hope that she doesnt burst into.tears at you all. She was sooo smiley this morning with.me and nct girls who.she knows really.well....but neighbour popped round shes lovely and has met M 4-5 times...but.bottom lip went and crying aaaaawww poor baby

Well what will be will be ha ha x

Loo - oh god yes, park him in the doorway and head straight to bed. I don't even move the monitor, just assume I'll wake up if he shouts loud enough, which I do!

Mitch - as Waula says they'll all be overtired I imagine. Will M nap in her pram? I'm hoping I can rock Z to sleep in his carseat. More
Worrying is the train journey home which spans bedtime, he'll be knackered on the way back and that's 2 hours needing to sit on my lap, hell!

DH has one of his best friends staying tonight, we've just been looking at N's stag do photos, first time I've actually seen them! Hilarious. He was at octoberfest dressed as roller girl from boogie nights. They've disappeared off to the pub now. Z has been down 2 hours without stirring so I'm expecting a yell any moment!

2 hours Lozza?! :dance: sounds like a funny stag. My DH was sent to Amsterdam. I don't want to see the pictures. :dohh:
Dropped the dream feed here. He's had one for 4months which made him go 10-7 but meant I was totally tied to being in at 7 & 10 :nope: He lasted 7 til 2.30 last night (stop laughing all you Sttn mamas! 7 hours is immense in this house!!). Managed to double boob him tonight so fingers crossed he does a repeat performance!!
Think my slug is not going to be slug like much longer. He's taking steps holding into my hands and just clambering all over me. Doing sit ups. Busy little thing. I'm savouring his relative immobility as much as possible. Argh!

Yeah for mobile N:happydance:....i think.M could be moving.soon....ish. At babygrouo.and at home this evening.she is sitting then leans wayyyyy forward to.grab a toy and is pretty much.laying flat (impressive yoga pose)...then i.notice left leg has moved back and she has lifted bum. Right.leg didnt follow....yet!! She did it 3-4 times last time toppling over on.her side. Difficult.to.explain...but she keeps getting more shirty about me not moving toys for her:haha:....so is trying to.do.it herself

Dont expect movement al la Z yet!!!!

Talking about Z....sleep little boy x x

Ha. Apparently we've not dropped the dream feed. Humph. He's awake. He's not screaming but it doesn't sound like very happy noises. Last night I did give him 2.5ml calpol. Wonder if that helped. Fingers crossed he drops back off to sleep. Sigh.

He got screamy. Rocking/cuddles etc not helping. Fed him. 3mins later screaming, tiny trump and fell asleep. Why is there a trump-feed link? I think Z knows the answer.

Waula, there is definitely a trump/feed link. I think its because feeding stimulates the peristaltic movement of the gut? I always rub F's lower back, it seems to help with trumping. x

Mitch, M was bound to get self sufficient eventually! I'd love to hear her internal monologue, i bet she's grumbling like mad about having to move to reach her toys! :haha: Love her!

Lozza, as the other lads said, never apologise! Its good to share these things and if any of us have ideas or advice, then we wouldn't be able to share it if we didn't know what you wer going through! I think you are sooo patient, and clearly a fab and caring mama! I'm sure Z will gradually improve with his sleeping as he gets older, and if the idea of sleep training doesn't appeal, then a gentle approach could really help to set up and enforce good habits. I'm sure i have a link somewhere to some great info about gentle sleep habits training. I'll try and search it out for you! :hugs:

Well, as i'm struggling with F, i might use this thread as a sort of food diary, hope no one minds?

Today she had: bf 20 mins. Breakfast, Half a bowl of porridge with double cream and pear puree. Whole plum baby brekkie pouch. bf 10 mins. Snack, 2 slices of apple, 1 slice of banana snack. Lunch, Whole plum stage 2 meal pouch, whole baby brekkie pouch (we were out). Snack, 1/4 croissant, 1 banana baby biscuit. bf 10 mins. Dinner, 1/4 sausage, 2 broccoli florets, 1 cauli floret, 2 big tablespoons mash potato with cream, butter and cheese, 1/2 banana mashed with 2 tsp almond butter and 2 tablespoons whipped double cream. 7oz bottle of formula.

Emera that sounds like loads of food/milk! We're nowhere near that quantity. She must be zooming around to burn that off. How they make us worry hey. :hugs: Hun. She'll be grateful of her uber metabolism one day! Today in comparison we had: 5min bf, 1/2 slice toast with mashed banana, 5min bf, 1/4 j potato with cream cheese n squash mashed up, 5min bf, 1 cannelloni tube, broccoli, sucked some spinach, tbsp yoghurt and two more bf. and honestly more than 50% of that food went in the bin. X

Waula, i only listed the food that actually went in, after the meal i collect up all the left overs and put it back on the plate so i can assess how much went in....because i'm sad and paranoid. :dohh: To be fair, she had a bit more than normal today, i don't usually do her snacks, but the fruit was at playgroup, and the croissant/biscuit was because Roh was having some and she was eyeing it up! :haha: I might carry on with the snacks though because it didn't seem to affect her milk feeds or meal intake! What annoys me the most is she had the 2 pouches (230g of food) right before her weigh in, and she'd still only gained 100g from last month?!?! WTF does she do with the food once she'd eaten it??? :shrug:

This is really interesting!

Today we had:

10 minutes bf, one weetabix with full milk and double cream, half a slice of toast, 10 minute bf, some plum cheese snack things and a sugar snap pea, 10 minute bf, avocado and cream cheese on a slice of bread, braised leek (a chunk) sprig of basil, daily lea cheese triangle (don't judge me, she loves them), slice of orange, 10 minute breast feed. I have to say that about 20% of breakfast and 70% of dinner went in the bin today though. :/

I know I haven't posted here in a while. I just wanted to say thank you for all the fabulous advice and support as ever. I'm soooo grateful. I want o give you all massive jugs.

Astrid and I are back up and running its the bfing. We managed, just about, with my frozen stock and I have been married to the double moo honk machine for the past week. So, we never had to give her formula and while I know it wouldn't have been a problem if we had had to, I know that she's still no had any. I don't know why but that means a lot to me. Perhaps because these periods of illness have taken the control of it from me, I feel more in control that way. I suppose I have to get bette because she needs me that way. Anyway, before I make myself Lund any more neurotic...

Thanks again.

Quick question too...

I've been expressing like mad and have put in a session at 10.30pm with the idea that when antibiotics are insisted ill use this to help build up my stock again. However I'm finding it really hard to get more than 3oz or 100mls in this session. I used to get closer to 200mls. But, what I am getting is nearly half cream (if you see what I mean). Any ideas?
Lactation consultant suggested a higher calorie diet for me which I've sort of been following so it could be that coming out but it's a big change as my milk used to only have a thin laye on he top..,

Ahhh Mouse - G sounds like a little star - Glad you got there in the end!
Crowned - yeah for back b/f!
Loo - great news on the house front - must be such a weight off your mind!
Waula / Mitch - defo savour the sluglike babies - I've not stopped running round today - seriously cannot believe how quickly he can get from one end of the room to the other (mainly to areas which I haven't been able to 'baby safe' - like the bottom part of the cast iron fire place - which he has taken a real shine too...... sigh) and he's still not crawling properly - commando crawling here. Although he has managed to go from lying on his front to actually sitting up earlier on this afternoon.

I think I have read that more than normal dirty nappies are expected when teething...... for the last 5 days - almost every time we have a trump - we have a dirty nappy...... some a solid - but most are watery - and bright in colour - his bum is soooooo red :cry: I have been making sure that every time he trumps - I am changing him - to try and ensure nothing is staying on his bum any longer than needed - but it's still so red! M now has 7 teeth - all of which are showing..... so I don't think its teething issues - and apart from today - he is eating and drinking normally.

Emera - that looks like a lot of food - but she is really mobile isn't she? Today has been a bad day for us - foodwise - didn't eat much at all this afternoon - and his last bottle he took about 5 mouthfuls then stopped - left him in his bed for about 10 mins - when he started whimpering - so went back in and he had about 2/3rds of the bottle...... Really unusual for him - he normally feeds until there is a tiny bit left in the bottle - by of which time he's asleep.

Lozza - hope Z has a better night for you...... Fully with you on grumpy babies on the train back next week..... Lets just hope that they prove us massively wrong!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->