March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Waula - I hope you and N are doing well

Ms C - Glad E slept better the last couple nights. The holiday in Portugal sounds great!

Lozza - Insomnia is horrible, I hope you can start sleeping soon. I get mad every time I can't sleep or wake up for no reason.

I'm excited to buy D some shoes but keep putting it off. She's been wearing an old pair me and my brother wore that my mom gave me. They are blue Smurf shoes! It was so nice here for almost a week so we spent a ton of time outside gardening and getting dirty! So she got some practice wearing them and learning to pick her feet up higher. Now it's back to normal spring weather with a bunch of rain, can't wait for summer!

MsC - hooray for a holiday! Glad you booked one with something to look forward to!

Waula - where are you? You ok? Not seen you on FB for a few days which is unusual. Hope you're ok x

Who knows why I can't sleep. I think my body isn't used to it is all! I used to be an 8-9 hours a night girl, maybe I don't need that any more but I'm
Trying to force it? I don't know.

Sillysmiles - is D sleeping ok these days? Hope so now that I know how nice sttn is!!

Yawn. Teething is so mean, the sleeping is a bit worse then normal. She may have finally gotten to sleep now after an hour and a half, or maybe not. Poor girl, it doesn't seem like the ibuprofen helps much. She was up every hour for 4 hours last night and would only take a 45 min nap today.
Okay, this time I really hope she'll stay asleep. Just in case though I think I should try and get a head start on some sleep too!

Hi, sorry I've been AWOL, been up to my parents and to the Internet black hole up there!!
MsC when are you off on your hols? I love going on holiday. We've just bought our super-mega tent for our Germany trip!
Lozza insomnia must be so annoying...it'll take some readjusting to after 18months of enforced insomnia!!
Feeding wise - he's taking 4-5oz at 7.30 and 4-5oz at 5.30 then sleeping til 8.30. My boobs are a mess though. Two weeks after stopping and they're lumpy, sore, ouch.
Do I just leave them alone?
Hope you're all ok and babies are doing well mamas xxx

I had to pump once as they were agonising, then I had to just massage a couple of lumps free in the shower a few times so express just from one duct. They were ok in a couple of weeks, but they have shrunk to a C/D cup from Dd/E!

Waula, I think Lozza is right. If you are lumpy, then massaging the lumps in a hot shower is going to be the way to go. :) other than that I'd not mess wth them too much xx

Massaged. Said goodbye to the milk...til next time!!! Ouchy.

*sniff* you played a blinder Waula, be glad in the end.

MrC is having a few days at home with E as the childminder tries not to do holidays. He's taking her to a ducklings swimming class tomorrow for the first time ever for the both of them. Hope they enjoy it.

Is it just me or is FB quiet?

FB is quiet. I thought the same. So sorry I haven't been on her in a while - I guess I forgot about it. Glad you're all doing well. Hugs to Waula.
We're doing well here other than a cold that won't go away for A. Something else to post too, but I think I'll do it on FB for more privacy :)

N doesn't seem to want any milk, any time, in any vessel. Sigh. Literally takes 1-2oz pre bed, 2-3oz when he wakes in the morning. Tried him with some in a cup but max 2-3oz. 8oz doesn't seem a lot. Is every tea going to involve cheese sauce? Lovely.
Hope you're all well lovelies xxxx

Wow that's not much at all Waula! Actually having said that yesterday z had bout 3-4oz for breakfast then 8oz at night so not tonnes more. Most days he has 10oz just at night though. I did read they can pretty much drop milk at 1 I think. Maybe he's just not a fan?

Roh drinks more milk now than he did at 1 year, and still he has about 8oz a day! Medical professionals are obsessed with cows milk/dairy as the primary source of calcium, but there are plenty of cultures (particularly in the far east) where dairy in the diet is minimal to non-existant, and you don't see their populations suffering from calcium deficiency!! Just make sure that his diet is high in other sources of fats, and calcium and he'll be just fine! xxx

He has beans, broccoli, cheese, salmon couple of times per week and I've offered milk in his straw cup during meals but its a right pain keeping it vaguely cold (warm goat is rank). He's sleeping 10hrs plus at night so I'm not complaining. He just does NOT want it at night pre-bed. :shrug: funny little people aren't they! X

TT do insulated cups. Keeps stuff cooler for longer. I think its their "active" range. xx

Have you tried other kinds of 'milk'? Like rice or soy? I don't know what their calcium/fat content is, but perhaps he just doesn't like goat milk? Just a thought. I could be way off base!!

Been up since 5am. Really need some blackout curtains. Yawn.

Just spent ages catching up (thanks to Al and D for sleeping in).

Waula, poor N and poor your boobs. Are they recovering?

For what it's worth, I'm just hoping that D is getting enough calcium. The only milk she definitely drinks is the 6oz out of a bottle before bed. Additionally to that, we offer it at breakfast with varying spitting out results. We make sure she has fromage frais or yoghurt each day (Ella Kitchen and Plum do the lowest sugar ones), milk on breakfast and cheese or high calcium fish or veg. Who knows if its enough :shrug:

thanks Loo. boobs have shrunk and lumps have gone. milk-wise i've changed teats around a bit with my NUK bottles. seems he much prefers the latex teats - they are very soft and collapsible and I assume quite boob like. anyway he's having 4oz(ish) morning and night and sleeping 10-12hrs +/- 4oz in the afternoon if we're at home. plus cubes of cheese every lunch and milk on cereal... :shrug: watched a heartbreaking film on the children of sudan yesterday and really...getting a pint of milk in him? probably not that important...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->