March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Oh Waula, huge hugs, I'm so sad for you. Your plan sounds right albeit one tinged with sadness if he doesn't pick up and back to the breast soon. It's easy to say you've done amazingly. That's not really the point though, it's a good ending you want and understandably so. Maybe a dreamfeed this evening might be more successful.

Loving the long sleep Lozza, you totally deserve that.

He points to everything he wants Lozza! And today he's learned to throw. Not sure that's quite so good...flinging bricks everywhere is not ideal!

Oh I know, z loves throwing stuff. I'm yet to be hit with a block (touch wood!). He got a recorder for his birthday and keeps giving it to me to play... "Giving" isn't as gentle as it should be though! Fortunately I seem to have taught him that his hammer is only for use with the pegs. I love wooden toys but I can see why people prefer nice soft plastic!!

Oh Waula, reading this brings it all back for me and makes me so sad for you. I wish there were some answers, but it seems you are doing everything possible.

Lozza, if anyone deserves a baby that sleeps for 13 hours, it's you. Xx

115days Loo...just sayin!!!!! And thanks lads. Really. Xxx

Woooooooo, you're a papaya!!! I forgot about the joys of newfruiting...

Crikey Loo, well over half way, hope you're feeling well?

E isn't really throwing, per we, we get a lot of passing back and forth though. She's obsessed with taking things out and putting them back.

Despite the time changing she went till 8, really 7am. I'm thankfully off next week so I hope she gets a sleeping groove back, feels like she's catching up from a few months of being up and out of the house.

Looking forward to seeing you all later.

Waula, just big :hugs: Poor N I'm sad it all seems so frustrating for him. :( Is he well again or still poorly? Its fair to say I know what its like to have bf turn in to what feels like a battle, so sorry you are having to experience that. :( As much as its poo, don't forget the whole of the rest of your journey with bf. I let the last few crappy weeks overshadow the rest for quite a while when I stopped feeding Roh, which wasn't really being fair on myself. Your plan sounds good. Hopefully he'll take some milk here and there. Don't panic if he doesn't though, just get some dairy in his diet, he'll be fine! And he will totally still need his cozy snuggles with you, feeding or not! Xxx

MsC, F has the same obsession as E, she loves emptying a box and then refilling it!

Have a fab time at the party today northern lads! ;) x

Tbh he's pretty much well again Emera, bit of a chesty cough, bit of snot but happy without calpol etc. I pumped last night and got absolutely nothing, nips getting a bit sore and he wouldn't take a dreamfeed again. So I'm done. I'm feeling ok (ish). He had a bit of warm goats milk at 3am and about 4oz at 7.30. I don't want to carry on as a battle. I want to remember the lovely times. And he seems fine about it. Thanks for all your help lads. Would have been a much different BF journey without all the help on here!!! xxx

Big hugs Waula. I've nothing major to add, had just been wondering how you were.

:hugs: to you Waula. I guess from now on, you can just enjoy the cuddling for cuddling's sake, rather than for feeding. You are a star by the way! ;) xxx

Oh I didn't read this before I saw you today Waula, sorry. Jiggly jugs. Xxx

It's ok Lozza :) I'm now needing to buy some pretty non-feeding bras! Every cloud and all that ;) xxx

I need to go and get measured, wondered how long it takes to get back to normal? Or at least settle to a new size. I was shocked how my boobs have majorly shrunk - a friend got told if you bf for more than 6 months they won't go back to how they were before - no idea how true that is but ill be interested to see what size I am. Must go this week as I've been living in 1 bra for a month!

How are you today Waula?

Bust size. Sigh, I hadn't realised the six month thing but had already started to figure my once 30e wasn't going to go back that way. Lozza, did yours recover any fullness after the "post feed look"?

Waula, I suggest a delicate silk bra from Aubade or Myla.

My boobs weren't exactly great pre-babies, but feeding has definitely done them no real favours!! I find a pretty, well made, well fitted bra makes a world of difference though! Great excuse to splash out I say! Those boobs have worked hard, they deserve treating! :)

Boobs are still feeling somewhat inflated here...are they going to end up as flappy flaps of skin??! Nooooooo!
Feeling ok thanks MsC. had a lovely day at the aquarium, wagas and John Lewis. We're working out a new routine with milk morning and night. It is SuCH a pain to have to go down and get milk though!! Noah did 8-6 last night though...and we still had our cuddles in bed this morning. Just all new and taking a bit of getting used to. I do still offer boob but he is just not interested. Really odd as he's much better. :shrug: x

Unfortunately on the boob front I get the term spaniel ears now :cry:

Getting milk in the morning is a right arse, I usually send N. the whole adjusting to bottle feeding gets easier, it's quite nice to make DH get up while I hide under the duvet!

Z did a mega sleep last night? You won't believe this... Put him down at 7.30 (trying to adjust to change in clocks as normal bedtime is 7, any later and he melts down) - heard him crying this mornig which is unusual as he usually chats quietly... It was 10.20!! Yep, that's nearly 15 hours in bed!! Threw our planned day out a bit!

15hours?! That's mega!!!!!

Giving milk isn't going very well in the evenings. I'm just using a straw cup with warm goats milk but he's really not that interested. He'll have 5ish oz in the morning first thing but night time not so much. Should I try a bottle? He's not very good with me "feeding" him. Should I give him milk with his tea? Or give him a milk drink during the day?! I hate knowing how much/little milk he's had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->