March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

There is no doubt that my acupuncture from yesterday kick started contractions again, but everything seems so low level still! I've been having them since yesterday, but I can talk and walk through them all, so I guess they would only be described as tightenings. Am in two minds whether to try and progress them by getting active, or lay down and rest as much as I can because they ain't going nowhere fast iykwim?

Yesterday was lush having my day of rest, and today is D's normal day at the childminder, so another day to myself. Feels like just what I need - a bit of peace and quiet, no matter what I intend to do with it!

I've spent half the night rocking from side to side to make myself comfortable through the pains, whilst silently begging my body to give me something to really whinge about! I may be asking for pain, but at least it will be over sooner!

Once again, I'm completely aware I'm not even at term yet, I'm just sick of this heat...and DTD every night to help?? Bleugh! I feel like a sweaty hog before we've even started!

Loo, I think you should go and get checked out! My cousin had her baby this week and it sounds very similar to you. She was in labor for 4 days and it went from intense pains to settling back down then kicking back in. Unfortunately she just couldn't get further then 2cm but bub started to get to stressed and they decided to do an emergency c-section. I think you should at least go and see how bub is coping with everything. These pains must be doing something!

I called the hospital on Wednesday and they weren't concerned. Told me to take 2 paracetamol!

I think it's worth going to get checked even with the knowledge they will likely send you home at least you can let them know its been going on for a while. Just to have the baby looked at make sure he/she is doing ok with all this squeezing!

I think you should take a long walk.

(I guessed the 20th so want the little guy to start seriously moving soon)

Hoe they kick off soon Loo! I think it was about 3 weeks i had this sort of thing for. I think you will know when they kick off though, i certainly did! I'd suggest being ready to go to hospital pretty fast when they start for real, as with all this revving up, it probably won't be a super long labour! I'd alternate resting and napping with gentle activity myself. ;) xxx

I've woken up today feeling very sorry for myself.

It looks like its going to be a scorcher again, D's eye is still all crusty, I'm fed up of not sleeping, and when I do it's for no longer than 45 minute slots, I'm hurting so much (without actually having an contractions), I feel beyond fat and ugly, D seems to have two settings today, sad and screamy, Al is trying to do everything to give me a break, but. Know that will lead to him being stressed. And I have a summer cold. Cry cry cry.

Oh yuck, sounds poo! Big :hugs: to you. For the record, i had a wicked nasty cold the week before i gave birth, i thought i was going to die! (ok melodrama, but still, ergh). Coincidence? ;)

Feel better laddie! xxxx

After bursting into tears about 5 times this morning I have decided to have a complete day off from mission: evict the baby. No ball bouncing, the ball will only be used for easing pain. Lying on the sofa is permitted. No silly long walks. No stupidly hot curries. No sex.

I need to recharge my batteries as I feel totally grim, and very sorry for myself.

Pity party for one!

Oh Loo. Sad times! But I think you're right, day off project evict. How early/late was Dee? Have we had a bump shot recently? Does it feel dropped? Does the head fee low? I have no idea how you're coping really, you're making me think that elective caesar at 39 weeks might not be all bad...! ;) just take it easy hun, let A look after you both, rest up - he/she will come when you're body is ready so sit tight missus! Sending lots of labour love your way. Xxxxx

I do think my struggle and impatience is mostly down to the heat, but I have been mega fed up today.

With Dee I was in labour today and she was born at half midnight, a few days early, but was induced, so I can't really go off that.

I think everything must have dropped because I am in so much low down pain, without having the contracting pains anymore...it's just an uncomfortable heavy pain.

I've had a lovely day of napping, reading, a little wander round a market, and not a lot else. Was just what I needed. It feels a bit better now the heat has dropped to 26c!

I'm glad you've had an ok day. Hopefully things will properly kick off ASAP and you can feel better with your brand new baby :D

Xxx

Mine is the 21st January. I think I'm starting to get a proper bump but it seems early to me. I can't remember!

December 18th... I need to get a bump shot, its unbelievable how big I am already. :/

I think resting is good. Honestly with 10 months of sleepless nights I feel like its only the last couple of months I've caught up on that 36 hours of no sleep prior to birth (and restless nights for weeks before). Conserve as much energy as you can as you'll need it. I don't feel like doing much in this heat, never mind being full term! Get a paddling pool and sit in that with D tomorrow. X

3rd week of Feb but if I caesar it could be mid-Feb. If I lie on my back I can feel my uterus like a little melon popping over my pelvis. Equally in awe and in denial!!! X

Awww, Loo, its probs your body pointing out you need to rest. Supporting a full size baby in there is hard work! The temperature has been a bit more sane today here too. Glad you are getting in lots of down time. Big hugs xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->