March Mummies 2011

I am bags all packed but need to unpack and repack I think as I will just be taking tiny baby clothes in for her x

olivia took her first two steps unassisted today :) proud mommy! she was standing near me and the dog walked up and she took two small steps so she could reach the dog! could have been a fluke but i think it wont be long now!!

membas- i bet it wasnt a fluke! she will be toddling around in a week or two. nathon is doing the same thing right now.

he had a dr appt today and crawled to fast, fell over on his face and had a mouth full of blood. poor baby. not sure if his first two teeth have popped through or not. they might have gotten pushed through when he fell.

had a scan today. baby is 3 lbs 14 oz. he's head down and had a foot by my ribs and a foot by his face. looked very healthy although not very comfortable in his position :cloud9:

poor nathon! i hope his mouth is feeling better. glad your scan went well and baby is healthy :)

Sounds like Olivia will be keeping you busy soon!

Poor little Nathon! They are so busy now its hard to prevent all the knocks. Glad the next little one is doing so well. Not long to go now.

Kirima is not eating and I am not sure why - she keeps closing her mouth everytime a spoon comes near and though she puts finger foods in her mouth she usually just spits them out very quickly. I wonder if it is teething that is bothering her.

Aww blessed how big do they think baby will be born ? X did anyone use EPO if so why and what does it do and how ? Xxx

i didn't use it in pregnancy (used it in TTC to increase EWCM), but i did consider it...you can take it orally or i know some folks break open the gel cap and apply it directly to the cervix. it is said to help ripen the cervix. we used sex for that instead since semen and EPO have similar prostoglandins which are responsible for helping the cervix ripen...we dtd a lot the last few weeks and i was 4cm dilated and 60% effaced several days before labor started...before ever even having a contraction. i really do think prostoglandins help the cervix ripen, so sex or EPO! :) you can read up on it more, i may be leaving out some details of the EPO but i think you'll find lots of info out there on it. :)

natty- they didnt say what he should weigh. mine are usually around 7-8 lbs. nathon was 6 lbs 13 oz when he was induced at 37 weeks. im sure he would have reached 7 like the rest of them if he had his last few weeks. we didnt use epo either. we did like membas and used sex. when they induced me at 37 weeks i was already 3 cm dilated and 90% effaced. my labor went really quick. im sure from a combination of the prostoglandins getting cervix ready, but also from having jaxon and nathon so close together.

got called by my Ob today and my scan results show baby's fluid is very low. its at 7. this happened with nathon too and kept dropping til it got to 3 and i had to be induced. in labor with nathon they found out his placenta had been pulling away and believe that was why his fluid was so low. they said it was just a fluke thing and shouldnt worry about it happening in future pregnancies. im so disappointed its going like this. now i will have to go in for weekly scans to check on him and more than likely he will be induced early. it also puts me at higher risk for a section. i just want him to be healthy so whatever i have to do, but wasnt expecting this again. it was so hard trying to do everything they told me last time and not improving at all. they told me that all the cramps i have been having could be connected, if it is his placenta pulling away like nathons was. im a little overwhelmed. :(

:hugs: blessed. try not to get overwhelmed. i know you didn't want to go through all of that stuff again like you did with nathon, but you were able to get nathon here safely and he's a healthy baby. i hope you don't have to get induced early and hope you don't have to worry about a section. i'll keep lots of positive thoughts that baby's fluid doesn't drop anymore. :hugs:

Agree with Membas... Just think of the outcome and not the path to get there. Xxxx

:hugs: blessed - sorry you have to go through all that worry again. Really hope it will stabilise this time. Conecentrate on meeting your LO soon and get as much rest as you can in the run up to his birth.

:hugs::hugs::hugs: Melissa! I am so sorry that it seems to be happening again, but try not to stress and just take it one day at a time, one week at a time. As others have said Nathon is healthy and this baby will be too, whatever the timing. Hang in there and I will be praying for you! :hugs:

Blessed thinking of you xx I agree with the others completely but I understand your concerns and upset also xxxxxxxx hang on in there xxx

:hugs: melissa. did they suggest anything to help increase the fluid around the baby, or is there nothing that can be done??

thank you very much ladies. im trying to not be a poop about it. i just want him healthy. im more worried about the placenta pulling away than anything. apparently after it has happened before its more likely to happen again. and a sudden drop in fluid can make it pull away.

ready- they said the same thing as with nathon. i need to drink extra water and try not to do too much. they suggest it, but also say there is no research that shows it helps. it didnt help last time at all but of course im gonna try again.

on top of everything my grandma passed away a couple days ago. i think i have cried myself into a headache today. im having a hard time trying to stay on top of the house and the kids school work this week. im drained.

Oh Blessed! I remember all this with Nathon last time. I'm sorry you're having to go throught this again. I'm sorry you lost your Grandma too honey :hugs:

You need to rest and not worry about the house, just deal with the kids and yourself. I know that your husband is fantastic and i'm sure he'll take up the slack :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->