March Mummies 2011

Congrats hun!!!! Welcome to the world Evie Mae! Xxxx

Ditto on the smell of nappies..... Terrible. Just yellow water basically. But she has only done one since yesterday :)

Congratulations Natty!!! :hugs:

Nix, that sounds awful, poor Pheobe:hugs:

Well done to all the new walkers and cruisers :happydance:

natty!!!! :wohoo: congrats on little evie! cant wait to see some pics of the precious girl :cloud9:

Just found a tooth at the back of Phoebus mouth, molar I think. Poor girl is getting it every way this week!

Oh yayyyy Natty, congrats and welcome Evie!

membas, Ready and rach, so sorry for all these sick little ones! :hugs:

blessed, super cute pics! :cloud9:

Ethan had hand, foot and mouth virus last week and the fever was super scary but he is doing well since, except for whacking his head constantly on the floor on all his new scooting/cruising adventures. Poor little one has fallen three times already today and it is so hard to watch! :dohh:

He finally cut his FIRST tooth lol first of this week. Still won't touch food with textures but dr.says there is nothing wrong, he is just not ready. So we continue with the purees... Of which mommy is sooooo tired lol! But at least he eats great. I will just be so happy when he can feed himself a little.

Otherwise he is healthy and happy and we are just turned 11 months yesterday!

Hugs to all! :hugs:

angela- my girls were in daycare back when i used to work and they caught hand, foot, mouth virus. i had never even heard of it, but their dr said it was a common child virus. who knew? :shrug: it was pretty bad on them, i remember them being very sick. i hope little ethan feels better very soon!

nathon started teething a couple weeks ago and we only saw 2 coming in on top. all of a sudden he has 4 popped through, 2 on top and 2 on bottom, and another on the way on top:shock: no wonder he had been so cranky :nope:

Thanks Melissa, he is much better now thank God.

Ethan has been teething (well, showing signs anyway) since 2 months but no teeth till just this week! Crazy! Poor kid has been drooling like a fountain for that long, as well.

How are you feeling? You go back for a scan soon right? :hugs:

nathon was doing that off and on too. his teething necklace seemed to help a bit with the drooling.

i have to go in every monday for scans. the last one wasnt very good, i was disappointed. the lady wouldnt make sure he has been gaining weight, which is a good sign baby is thriving and getting good nutrition from placenta. and even though the nurse told me last week she would check the placenta to make sure it wasnt pulling away she wouldnt do that either. she didnt even know why i was there for the scan and then acted like she really didnt want to do it. she said the biophysical profile doesnt require her to check any of that. with nathon they checked all that. i dont feel very reassured at all. the amniotic fluid levels last week were 7. when she checked them monday she said they were 9. i got really excited, but she said it probably hadnt went up cuz she didnt get an accurate reading last week since she didnt know it was gonna be an issue, WHAT? :dohh: im waiting on next monday to compare and see if it really is going up now. i will also get to see my OB next monday after the scan, so want to voice some concerns with her about all of it. i just dont want to make the scan lady mad at me for talking to my OB so still figuring out what to say :wacko: oh and nice enough, on my way out she asked me about how often i would be coming in. i told her every monday til due date unless he comes sooner (shouldnt she know that, its already scheduled?) and she asked if dr was expecting me to go early or was gonna induce early, like she was burdened by doing these every week. isnt this her job? i just told her dr didnt say if she thought i would go early and induction is scheduled for 39 weeks unless fluid goes down. then i walked out. of course i called and griped at DH all the way home. im trying to have some peace about it all and just trust in Jesus that the baby is ok. im thankful Dh is a calm guy and has a good way of calming me down lol

Oh honey I am so sorry the scan tech is treating you that way! Do they have another sonographer in the office? Either way definitely let your ob know what is happening because that is SO not okay and he or she needs to know that is going on so that nothing gets missed. I can't believe she is treating the situation so lightly considering what can happen with the placenta. Do not hesitate to speak up about this with your dr.! I will keep you in my prayers! :hugs:

thanks angela. i was really upset on monday, but i feel very calm now. i really cant do anything til i go in monday anyways. i could call and talk to the nurse this week, but im more comfortable with my OB. she is great, so im gonna see what she says and go from there. plus, hopefully i will go in and see the fluid go up before my appt with her. at least the sonographer checked that!

there is no other sonographers in the office. they could send me out to a private ultrasound place, but im already scheduled with her until my due date so not sure if they will. i really dont want to dread every monday til mid-march but i guess things could always be worse

Jus make sure she takes it seriously and takes careful measurements! My drs nurse was very sweet and I hated to make waves, but she took BP measurements very quickly and sloppily and I always had higher numbers than her readings when I checked at home. Finally I asked my dr to take the BP herself and of course her readings were high like what I was getting at home. I basically had to tell my dr that the nurse was not taking careful readings to get her to double check, but when she did I think she realized I was telling the truth.

Hugs!

did the nurse treat you differently after that?

this sonographer is nice except for the fact that i feel like its a burden for her to do her job. she was very nice in conversation during the scan though. told me all about her kids and her personal life.

when i had one of several biophysical profiles with olivia my ultrasound tech actually said once (when olivia was sleeping and wouldn't move for her to check movement off the list) 'come on kid i've got other things to do' :shock: i was pissed. that is not good bedside manner. told my doctor about it too as a complaint!

sorry you had a bad experience monday blessed. i hope the next visits are more informative and leave you feeling better. :hugs:

olivia still has her cold and i got it now...hopefully we are over the worst of it..nursing at night for her still sucks pretty bad cuz she can't breath through her nose very well. she slept great tuesday night but last night was up every 45 min :sleep: hoping tonight goes better!

Membas hope you are both well soon!

Blessed my run in with my nurse was toward the end like weeks 36 and on. I made a joke out of it and said something like you are super speedy but I think the cuff can't pick up an accurate pressure on me that fast. :) she seemed fine with it but never acknowledge in any way that her technique could be at fault. :dohh:

angela- thats crazy. i guess im just not sure why they are in such a hurry??? especially if it means they might not pick up something very important about your health or babies health. blood pressure can be a major concern. im glad ethan was ok in the end

membas- i would have been so upset too. thats completely uncalled for. i think thats worse than the lady i have. i hope you two get better very soon! we had to put a humidifier in our room for nathon. we put some vapo-bath stuff in it to run for the night. it seemed to help a little.

I agree blessed, and that's why I was monitoring myself at home because I have a family history of preeclampsia. But it scares me how many people she might not be picking up because she rushes. And I agree. Why rush? It's not like the extra ten seconds to do it right comes out of her lunch hour :dohh: :grr:

im with ya angela! pre eclampsia is nothing to play with. im glad you were monitoring yourself- it could have cost you your baby's life and yours too! here is my 3 little guys in the bath tonight. little silly bugs :cloud9:

soon i will have to do the 2 bigger ones then the 2 littler ones. i wont have room for all 4 lol.

0_IMAGE_321.jpg0_IMAGE_320.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->