March Mummies 2011

Congrats on the Bfp angela!!!!

Hope you get some help with the bf Melissa :)

Congrats Angela!

Blessed if your baby is drinking fine then he will not cry all the time and will sleep well - you can also watch for swallowing while feeding. Mostly you do not need to boost supply and just feel like you do, but membas' advice is great and should make you feel better about it. The only other thing that helps with supply is to keep feeding your baby whenever he wants it - the more they drink the more milk you will make.

Kirima is now walking well and it seems to have made a difference with both girls now playing together more. She's also showing she understands a lot more now and will fetch things when we ask her to, go to the bathroom when we tell her it is bath time and generally show she knows what we are talking about. Still not saying anything recognisable though except hello. Her favourite activity is stacking blocks and she can stack up to 6 all by herself - maybe this is why she doesn't want to talk cause she's spending too much time stacking blocks instead.

thanks ladies! his latch was fixed today. he was doing good, but i wasnt being aggresive enough when putting him on so he was slipping down. they checked how much he was getting and my supply is a little low. im gonna start doing some things to build it. she told me to pump for 15 mins after he eats to increase it. im also gonna eat oats and possibly try some herbs. that with his better latch hopefully will increase it.

6 children melissa and you managed not to clash any birthday months! good going!

Congrats Rotters!!! :happydance:

Blessed, i was wondering how you were doing too! :hugs: How are you finding it? :hugs:

I had a low supply and tried all the remedies :) I ate oats alot, took fenugreek caps and Blessed Thistle and eventually i was put on domperidone by my gp. Pumping after feeds helped too and feeding LO as much as possible, so basically what everyone else said :haha: Oh and drink plenty of water!

Thanks so much ladies! My initial betas today looked good and we will recheck Sunday!

Melissa I'm sorry I don't have any bf words of wisdom- I tried fenugreek capsules and felt like they helped a bit. But in my case we eventually had to quit bc of supply issues. I hope you have a much different and better experience!

lol nix- we havent clashed any birthday months. i have a feeling it will eventually happen though. since we will be ntnp the rest of our lives, its likely to occur :haha:

i got some fenugreek today and took my first 3 capsules. hopefully it works for me. thanks for all the advice ladies. :thumbup:

Congrats Angela xx
blessed you sound like your doing great, the ladies have given you some fab advice. if you've sorted the latch out that will help loads xx

Okay, I just want to say, I MISS all you ladies! We had such a great group for our March babies. I've checked out the groups/threads for my current (November) EDD and I gotta say, they are nothing like this group! :-( I have posted a few things there, but people rarely respond and there already seem to be clicques formed or something. :saywhat: Sigh. I miss having such a fun group to chat with about pregnancy! You ladies are awesome and our March Mummies rock! :hugs:

what is your due date in november??? my bday is the 13th, maybe your baby will make his/her appearance then :winkwink:

sorry about the new groups. you can talk to us about your pregnancy hun! i want to be updated about everything :happydance:

Thanks Melissa! :hugs: EDD for now is Nov 23. I go back for a last beta tomorrow, then assuming all looks good, I'm hoping for a first scan at 6-ish weeks. So scan hopefully in 2 weeks or a little less.

How are you doing with gorgeous Mason? SO happy for you guys! :hugs:

angela- we are just doing wonderful. bfing is going good. i used fenugreek and blessed thistle along with oats every day to up my supply and it worked. now i just dont know when or how to stop taking it :shrug: i dont want my milk to suddenly drop, so i keep taking it...

my girls already help with laundry and the boys, but we taught them how to change diapers last week and im teaching them how to load and unload the dishwasher now. they are so excited lol. i wish i was that excited to do chores :wacko:

im sooooo excited for you and DH, and even ethan! he is gonna be a big brother- thats so special :cloud9: my kids love to add another sibling. its like they know they are one in the same and their little army grows with each
one :haha:

That's awesome Melissa! So glad you could get your supply up! And that is awesome that the girls are so helpful! I definitely think they probably know they (the kids) are a little "family" in and of themselves! I think that is so neat! I always wanted a lot of siblings but only have one sister ten years younger, so we were never super close :-(

i grew up with 2 older brothers and 1 younger sister. we were all very close and close in age too. i always wanted 5 kids lol, but thought i would only end up with 2 or 3. i really just wanted more than 1 though. my best friend growing up was an only child and she really hated it.

i think this march thread should continue to include all future pregnancies and births of future LOs :) i like reading about everyone's experiences even if we aren't TTC right now...plus I like keeping up with the march babies and mommies!

to all the march mamas...please send lots of healing thoughts and prayers to DivineBeauty (aka Mericiana). She's a BnB mama from canada and she's in the battle of her life with bacterial meningitis. They are trying the final antibiotic now and right now things are not looking good. She is on full life support and her organs are shutting down/going into shock. She has developed septicemia. She has a 1 year old and a 5 year old. She's a nice lady, 24 years old and has been a regular around baby club for a while. Please say some prayers for her. If this last ABX doesn't work they have to make some hard decisions. :( it's very sad. she's a nice person and gosh those babies of hers.....prayers and thoughts

its so sad about divinebeauty. She actually lives not that far from me, and we have mutual friends on Bnb, although have never really talked to each other. I keep checking the thread in babyclub for updates. I have her in my thoughts a lot :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->