March Mummies 2011

ready i hope j feels better soon! we have some sickys here too. think we are passing a virus around. peyton is throwing up and jaxon and nathon had temps and now have hives. poor monkeys!

natty- your babies are adorable!!!

rach- ugh on the ms. it was hard for me to brush also not fun:nope:

So sorry for all of our sickies! I've had Ethan's last cold for a week now and my dr finally called in an antibiotic as has gone to my sinuses and chest, bleh! Hope we are all well soon!

Rach so sorry if it is ms, but then that is a great sign! :thumbup:

Hugs to all!

We are in winter now so colds are going round - Laurana was quite sick last night and I had to go to her a few times in the night. Kirima hasn't picked it up to badly yet but DH and I are also both sick. We'll probably just take it easy the next few days.

Nat those photos are gorgeous. I can't believe how old your littlest is already!

Rach hope the MS won't be too bad.

Hope everyone gets better soon.

Glad to hear from you tanikit :)

Had a scan yesterday to check all in the ight place and It was. No dating or checking what was there to checkin it was in the uterus :)

Not sure - be at 12 weeks ish so have to wait for it in the post!

Lol Rach I'm so sorry for the long wait!

Has anyone heard from Brai?

And to answer Rachel's question I've not heard anything from
Catherine/mumtoJ recently, i pmd her but no response in a while :-( I hope everything is okay, seems so on fb.

hi all..sorry to hear of all the sick little ones. no fun :( hope the PG ladies are feeling good and all the mommies too :hugs: we are good...just super busy these days. olivia is in full on toddler mode...go go go...whew! tiring. and she's starting to throw little toddler tantrums when she doesn't get her way--ugh. no my fave thing about toddler hood. but she is so cute so more times than not she's making me smile. but she is definitely busy!

rach- so glad to hear your scan went well!

angela- how are you feeling hun?

membas- the "terrible twos" seem to start at age 1 in my home. with that said i dont think its so terrible. i try to look at it like a season of development when they are trying to learn these new communication skills they are trying out and they are curious about their world and boundaries. that coupled with the ability to walk and explore is a powerful combo for them. its really an amazing time right now. i think the tantrums are ways they are trying to express themselves. i used to get annoyed, but looking at it differently really changed my perspective. maybe God has used many times of going through this stage to teach me some patience lol.

oh yeah Terrible twos started early at my house too. J is starting to put words together... her fav right now is "no, mine!" i hear it 1000x times a day LOL.

Im on CD26, unfortunately my cycles are not regular at all. my last one was 30 and the one before was 32... BUT im nauseous, thirsty, sore boobs, and hurts like heck when im nursing J... and i have the faintest of faint lines on IC's - my FRER is so faint i haven't decided if i actually see anything yet... With my first pregnancy i got my first faint positive on CD 23 i think... it was CRAZY early! but they were stronger faint lines then i have now...

you could very well be pregnant hun! every pregnancy is different. you may have ovulated at a different time or baby implanted at a different time. different hcg levels etc. im excited for you!:flower:

The terrible twos have definitely begun here, as well!

Blessed, thanks for asking about me! I'm feeling much better nausea-wise these days, thankfully! Hoping to find out the gender in the next few weeks!

oh yeah Terrible twos started early at my house too. J is starting to put words together... her fav right now is "no, mine!" i hear it 1000x times a day LOL.

Im on CD26, unfortunately my cycles are not regular at all. my last one was 30 and the one before was 32... BUT im nauseous, thirsty, sore boobs, and hurts like heck when im nursing J... and i have the faintest of faint lines on IC's - my FRER is so faint i haven't decided if i actually see anything yet... With my first pregnancy i got my first faint positive on CD 23 i think... it was CRAZY early! but they were stronger faint lines then i have now...

Exciting! I hope it works out the way you want it to hon! :hugs:

The terrible twos have definitely begun here, as well!

Blessed, thanks for asking about me! I'm feeling much better nausea-wise these days, thankfully! Hoping to find out the gender in the next few weeks!

yay!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant wait!!!! how exciting :happydance:

Very true bout pregnancy being different. I had no sore boobs this time but they were so bad 1st time.

Let's us know how you get on :)

blessed, that's a good way to look at the "tantrums". it's definitely a lack of language skills. she doesn't know how to tell me or ask me. i mean she has some signs she uses and she can ask for milk, but i can tell she's frustrated at lack of communication. she's picking up a ton of words right now. she's also not great at self play and sometimes we have to finish cooking dinner or something and DH and I tag team a lot--so many times we are at home by ourselves with her...so sometimes she has to self entertain and she's not great at it. we try to provide her lots of options. she is good at playing with her sand table on the front porch, which is gated, so she can come and go to the front porch a lot...so she does manage to do that while breakfast is being prepped etc...she also is sooo incredibly busy that she just wears herself out but is not a great nap taker. so i try to enforce quiet time by laying in bed with her even if she doesn't sleep--she nurses and cuddles and flops around on me. she really is just non stop :) she's pretty fun though. even with the whining. the "tantrums" are really more when i tell her she can't go outside yet, but i'm trying to give her some short answers, like "we can't go outside yet, but after breakfast" so she knows i'm not just saying "No". she does move on quickly from the little outbursts so far. If she's tired and it's end of the day she can get a little dramatic but i really try to get on her level and tell her that i know she's sad because *whatever the situation is* but whey don't we go do *whatever*...i'm big on redirecting and so far it works with her. But i do lose patience sometimes. Especially at the end of the day--I try not to show her that I'm frustrated because it only escalates her reactions, but some nights she goes to bed and I'm just frazzled/wiped...thankful for the silence that night brings :)

anyways--it's all a learning experience for me :) she's a happy baby for the most part, i feel like it's all normal what she's experiencing right now...and with more language and other skills she will develop skills that allow her to express herself differently. she is learning about coloring/using crayons, so we have a new activity to sit down and do with her, and she likes that. it's good for us to have a few "sit down" activities...because even when we read books, she's running around the room...so non stop! thank goodness she doesn't get any sugar and i don't drink caffeine...i can hardly imagine what that might do to her LOL

Ready--hope things work out how you want them to :)

membas- you are a great momma!!! have you read dr sears book on attachment parenting? sounds like you are doing a lot of it already if you havent. it really is just a natural part of development. you are gonna have a healthy little girl out of all your doing. i cant tell you how much patience the Lord has used my children to teach me. and i still have a ways to go lol.

well im getting over some blisters from bfing. oh my goodness how painful is that!? he has been pulling off while still clamped if it slows too much. i had one on each side so it has been rough. after a few days i was ready to make him a bottle but he wont take it and its finally getting better. i would like to go as long as possible, but sometimes its really hard. i also found out i have vasospasms. that has been horrible from the start but finally getting some medicine to fix it! i took two rounds of thrush medicine before figuring it out.

sorry to be self involved :hugs: Hope all is well for you - J is definately learning how to tantrum and work the system too!!

https://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i399/sara_machen/84c6e8cf-1.jpg

and with the line marked and colour inverted (in spoiler as to not "help" you see the line in the untouched pic
https://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i399/sara_machen/84c6e8cf1.jpg
https://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i399/sara_machen/84c6e8cf2.jpg

Ready its very faint but it is visible - congrats! When are you going to take some more? It should darken very quickly.

Membas sounds like you are doing great with your little one. Toddlerhood can be exhausting but its also fun.

Blessed - sorry to hear about the blisters - that must be really sore. BFing does get easier and since you have got this far you will probably manage a lot further if you want to, but you have given him a great start regardless when you stop. Try putting your finger in his mouth to break the suction when he starts to pull off - you need to know this anyway if you plan to carry on cause its useful to know if they start biting you :)

Kirima is no longer napping well - she has gone a few days this week with no nap at all and then she still only goes to bed around 21:00 every night (nap or none) so I have been pretty exhausted. I have a feeling she will drop day time naps early just like her sister did. My other problem is that she is a very late riser and my eldest is an early riser - so for me it must be late to bed after the youngest and up early with the eldest. I need sleep!

How is everyone doing with the talking. Kirima does say a few words, but I am longing for more - she chats away a fair amount but I understand almost none of it unless she points or shows me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->