March Mummies 2011

my labour or what they call labor was 3 hours from waters breaing hour an from fully ilate 3 min lol

smallest sibling age gap 55 weeks

How is everyone doing - quiet here again.

Kirima is doing fine. I am thinking of starting to wean soon as I started my eldest at 5 months and scarily, Kirima will be 5 months old in less than a week. I may wait a little bit longer than that - haven't quite decided yet.

Hey how's your mum

Cant believe neatly 5 months! She's got two teeth now! They came through on the same day! Thinking of weaning soon too.

tanikit-it is quiet in here. how is re-location going?

yay for two teeth phoebe! how is the wedding planning going rachel?

we found out saturday that we are expecting again. supposed to be due march 23, 2012. my last two are 14 months apart and nathon and this baby will be 13 mos apart. my hubby is over the moon excited. he went out and bought me 7 more tests, lol. i cant wait to tell our kids, they will be so happy. af isnt due til friday i think, so not telling them til at least after that.

i had a terrible dizzy spell when i got up yesterday. i never get dizzy with pregnancy but i know they are all different.

my hubby is taking our oldest alyana to play golf and for breakfast today. next monday he will take felicia. we are also going to the humane society to look at dogs and cats. might be getting a fam pet. we have eye dr appts and dentist appts too. going to be a busy couple of weeks.

wow, congratulations Melissa!!! you women are so brave for being pregnant again already. I honestly don't think I could handle it again right now, so you ladies are my hero lol!

Not too much going on here. I am just waiting for Kash to go back to bed so I can as well. The hyperthyroidism totally kicks my butt! I want to sleep all day long, and yet when I finally go to bed at night, I can't sleep. So even though Kash is sleeping 7-9 hours at night, I'm getting about 5 :(

I tried giving Kash rice cereal yesterday for the first time. He wasn't too sure about it, but we will see how today goes. I think he did fairly well for his first time though. I have the baby bullet system, and I really love the cookbook that I bought with it (it also comes with a smaller one). It really makes making the baby food much easier. I didn't think I would enjoy doing it, but I actually do, and the cereal was the only thing I have made so far, lol! There are some recipes in the book that I wouldn't mind trying for myself as well (it's for their first 3 years of life, so the recipes get to be pretty good)

you must have a lot of strength! I am so scared that the next one will have colic too, so I want to wait a couple more years so that Kash is older and will be easier to deal with if it happens again.

Sounds like Kash is done playing on the floor....better go get him

my 3rd had colic hun. but no others of the 5. hopefully it wont happen next time. hope kash grows out of it soon too! :hugs:

Congrats Melissa! That is so exciting. Wow there are a few new babies due in this thread already.

I would not be able to cope with another pregnancy and a small baby - it would be dangerous for all my children - so no thoughts of another right now or in the near future.

As for the relocation our passports (we ALL needed new ones) came through very fast. Still have to work on the job issue though to be able to get the children visas but there aare a number of new jobs advertised so hoping something will come up.

msarkozi hope the colic settles. Kirima luckily is well past that now - it wasnt pleasant.

Congrats!!! Wow!! Wedding plans coming on well. Only 5 weeks!!
Hope colic goes xx

Congrats melissa! very excited for you and your family!

Congrats Phoebe on two teeth :)

Tanikit, hope one of those new job postings is the one for you all. Also hope you guys have not experienced any more issues lately. So scary.

As for us--we are good. Olivia still waking up about 3-4 times a night to eat and its really draining some times. she goes down around 830/9 and wakes about 1230, 3, 5, 7. sometimes she'll just do 1230/4/7 which is nicer but still tiring. she does stay asleep til 930 and sometimes 11 :shock: so that does help a little if i can sleep in with her.

Otherwise she is doing great--talking up a storm and ROLLING! :) she rolls front to back and yesterday on my bed rolled back to front twice (she was attempting to see me as i was sitting above her head so she kept cranking her neck to see me and it led to body rolling) although she gets stuck on her shoulder and can't figure that out yet so i have to help her. But she is rolling.

hope everyone is doing well :flower:

Congratulations Blessed!! :happydance: 3 days early and the Baba can share Harrys birthday :hugs:

Well done Olivia :happydance:

Glad the wedding plans are going well Rach :happydance:

I hope things get going on the job front for you soon Tanikit :hugs:

awwww good job olivia!!!!:flower:

rachael- would love to share babies birthdays:cloud9: nathon was originally due march 14. after scan it was march 8. he was induced on feb 21 for low amniotic fluid.

we have decided not to try to BF nathon now, but we are gonna try with this next one. i might need to get some knowledge from some of you ladies about it when the time gets closer. im nervous about not doing it right. but i dont want to put a lot of stress on me or baby if it doesnt work out either.

Congrats Blessed! And ditto to above, I will try to help you out as much as possible. I want to try to nurse Max until he is at least 1 and a half or 2. I know some people think that is weird, but it is something I want to try.
I think Max might have colic too, he cries almost all the time when he is awake now. Maybe it is just a growth spurt though, because he has been eating and sleeping a lot. Another weird thing is he only poops like once a week. He is very fussy for the couple days before, then it is what we call a poosplosion. Like a weeks worth of poop in one diaper. Ewww! No rolling yet, he does try to sit all the way up when we lay him down with his head up a little. Still spittig up after every feed. He has been doing cereal for a couple weeks now, to help with the spit up. Usually only once every other day though.
As for school I am waiting to see if they change my residency status and if I can get a loan. If either of those dont go through, then I will have to wait. Been having very bad headaches again, so have an appt to see the doctor next week.
Hope everyone else is doing good!

Congrats Blessed. i would love to follow you through this pregnancy, how exciting

Niamh has her 2nd tooth coming now too. she has had baby rice for 3days now, just a little bit about 4pm and she seems to like it.

hope everyone is ok xx

Congrats blessed hope all goes smoothly for you, ditto with the BF help please feel free to ask away, though what I would say is I don't think you can do it "wrong" just like you cant give birth "wrong" we all do it a bit different and find different things work but more than happy to share my experience and findings :)

Tankit glad the passports came through quickly and fx one of those jobs is the one for you.

Brai, have you tried avaoiding any foods, there is something I eat that upsets Lyndon as well still trying to narrow it down, I know dairy is something he's sensitive to but there is something else as well he will get more colicky symptoms and sicky and have poo build up and other days he's fine, when he's struggling I've been giving him a bit of fennel tea 10mls a couple of times a day and it seems to help and make sure I drink plenty of it as well.

Nix that has gone so quick can't believe only 5 more weeks - can't wait for some pics afterwards, and congrats on a 2nd tooth, we're going through all the motions but nothing cut yet ...

We are doing well nothing exciting to report, Lyndon knows when I want to go out and will stay awake rather than go to sleep, trying go swimming and build up some fitness want to get back into haven't done proper swimming since I was about 16 so will take some time to build back up!

Sorry for anyone I've missed - take care xx

tanikit- i hope those jobs come through for you

chrissie-yay for 2nd tooth coming in

brai- i hope max feels better soon. and that your school stuff works out without the stress

cathryn- when i take nathon somewhere he stays awake the whole time now. even if he is really tired when we leave.

thanks for all the BF help i can get ladies! i just realized reading your posts that i cant have coffee, spicy stuff, certain foods, etc. i have never had to think about that kind of stuff. i still want to try though.

nathon is full time cloth diapers now and jaxon is still working into them. i love them and DH does too:happydance:

hope everyone is doing ok!

yay for cloth blessed! :) glad you are enjoying them. and like was said before, you can't do BFing wrong but if you ever have any questions just ask :) and so you know, some women don't have to cut out any foods (well i mean alcohol and caffeine aside) for BFing...my good friend could eat whatever she wanted--curry, spicy, onions, garlic, chocolate whatever...I can't have any of that...the only one that gets annoying is the chocolate :) I miss it but do have a bite here and there just to satisfy that need to taste it :) had a bite tonight--oh so good and that will have to last me for a while.

Brai--hope your LO gets to feeling better soon.

I have no idea if we are teething...she drools, chews on everything she can get into her mouth including my arm, fingers, toys, blankets etc...but otherwise i have no idea.

Wow Nix so soon til your wedding - hope it goes well and also looking forward to seeing photos later. Congrats to Phoebe and Niamh on the two teeth.

Blessed with my first child I had to cut out all sorts of things to BF but with Kirima I can eat anything - limit the caffeine and no alcohol too though so perhaps it depends on the baby. It may go really easy for you - latching issues are usually the biggest problem but there are really good books that explain how to get it right.

Kirima is still not rolling, still getting her balance when sitting and still teething and drooling like mad without any teeth. Got her into our bed last night without yelling her sister awake which was very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->