March Mummies 2011

Sounds like teething membas, they can teeth for months before anything comes through as the teeth can just move around.

Lyndon will fall asleep in his pusher if he's tired when we're out but I need him to fall asleep for his night time sleep so I can go out for a swim. Trying to talk Fraser into having him awake and trying to settle him, but I know they would still be playing when I got back and Lyndon would be very over tired !!!

MumtoJ I think that is what is happening with Kirima's teeth as she has been miserable again today and drooling lots, but while the teeth have been visible for a few weeks already, no teeth have broken through.

As for the violence in our town, last night the person who is next to DH at work was in an armed robbery at his house last night - they tied him up and gagged him so he couldnt talk too well this morning but otherwise was ok. This is my biggest fear with our children as no one can look after a baby and preschooler if they are tied up and it is the reason our neighbours have emigrated too. This is the fourth person we know in the last two months who have experienced something like this - I dont like to read the newspapers cause then it seems even worse. So hoping we get a job soon.

got an early scan booked for a couple of wees yeh

tankit so sorry things are no better were you live it musst be a worry

yay for scan 2nd time!!!:yipee: i cant wait til i get my first

membas- i have to agree, sounds like teething. my boys stared at 3-4 months and they didnt pop teeth hrough til 9-10 months

tanikit- i cant even imagine how scared you must be:nope: we will keep praying for your family to make a speedy exit

thanks for the BF advice ladies. it sounds like it depends on the baby. i dont drink alcohol already so that wont be missed. i usually start on decaf coffee when im pregnant so i guess i will just continue that after. i will miss my 1-2 pepsi's every day, thats about it. and will have to remember if baby gets cranky it could be something i ate. i honestly think the biggest issue will be the latching. we will be praying it works out easily cuz i dont want someone to come in and help. my hubby already ordered us a nursing cover. is a pump needed? i looked at some pumps and bottles with life like nipples to help avoid nipple confusion. usually im the only one who feeds the babies but occasionally DH has had to feed them when im gone somewhere or in the shower.

Blessed I got a lot of use out of my pump first time round but have hardly used it this time - its still a good idea to have around though as it can be a life saver in many situations. I demand feed so just made sure shower time and me time is after a feed - also I asked my DH to feed formula when I went out for a few hours - that isn't advisable in the first 6 or so weeks of BF but worked fine for me later - it depends a lot on your supply and your baby though. Neither of my children had nipple confusion despite being fed bottles in the hospital - maybe its just them but I must admit after my experiences I think too much is made of the nipple confusion issue - it is probably more a latch issue in most cases (again I am not sure)

2nd time can't wait to hear scan news - so exciting!

thanks tanikit! i feed on demand with formula too and pretty much work my whole day around when he needs to eat, nap, play, etc. sometimes it has happened that he wanted to eat more right after i fed him and got in the shower though or that it became so late i had to get in and have DH feed him or i wasnt gonna get a shower. its rare but does happen. also if i have an appt somewhere. peyton ate at the same times each day, so i could plan easier. the rest were pretty much different times and intervals every day.

i think some of my babies have even had nipple confusion i think. my first would use any bottle, any nipple. the next 2 were very picky. peyton was so picky i had to order his nipples online cuz he used the ones in the hospital and would not eat out of any other nipples. he seriously used the preemie enfamil nipples the whole time he was on the bottle. we tried a ton of different kinds and he would scream til we used his kind. dont know if the last two would or not. havent tried. after peyton i brought my own bottles/nipples to the hospital to start them on the ones i wanted to use.

it makes me nervous hearing about someone having to BF 4 hrs straight, or get up all night to feed, or about infections and stuff.

I would definitely get a pump Melissa. Pumping ended up being the only way I could feed Kash. I have the Medela pump, and I really liked it. It's expensive, but it was worth it. I originally bought a cheaper one, and it just didn't cut it, and so I had to get the Medela one. It's also great so that you can express milk to have on hand as well, especially if you want to go out and leave the kids with a sitter or something. Then you don't have to run home to feed baby.

Melissa I have never had to breastfeed that long - although then I guess you are meant to see it as time out :) as for the all night feeding - cosleeping and feeding them lying down works wonders as you can almost feed in your sleep and don't have to get up at all to make bottles - that is definitely one of BFing advantages. How is the pregnancy going?

Melissa I have never had to breastfeed that long - although then I guess you are meant to see it as time out :) as for the all night feeding - cosleeping and feeding them lying down works wonders as you can almost feed in your sleep and don't have to get up at all to make bottles - that is definitely one of BFing advantages. How is the pregnancy going?

thanks hun! night feedings are already that way for us, and we co-sleep as well. even though we bottle feed, we bring all our bottles to bed with the water in them. so i just put the powder in, shake, and feed. quite often i fall back to sleep with their bottles propped up on me. i could do it all with my eyes closed by now, lol! i suppose that would make the transition easier for us though. pregnancy is going good so far. im only 4 weeks today though so very very early. af is actually due today. i was already feeling sick this morning which usually starts around 5-6 weeks for me.

how is the job search going??? still praying for you guys!:hugs:

how is everyone else today?

here is the pump we are looking at getting. its the ameda purely yours double electric pump. anyone tried this or know anything about it? im thinking i will def need one. im not comfortable at all with BF in public. i DONT have any probs seeing others BF. its a beautiful thing to see mommys taking care of their babies no matter how that is. but i already know i would be uncomfortable with it, maybe that will change some day. i dont go out much as it is since we have a houseful of kids so i was thinking i might not need one. but then i remembered we go to church every sunday. and might need to use it to feed if we are having company over. my DH ordered me a nursing cover that looks adorable so that will help too

https://www.breastpumps4less.com/products.htm
pyntoriginal.jpg

Glad things are going well for you blessed :hugs:

Sorry i've not much idea on the pump, i just have a manual one. I don't find BF in public comfortable either, i've done it a few times but i avoid if i can! :hugs:

Nothing to feel bad about hun, everyones comfortable with different things. My MIL can't stand BF fullstop, it totally makes her feel ill?! :dohh:

Don't feel bad about that. Although I'm confortable bfing in public both my boys are HORRIBLE at it :haha: They just get too distracted. So it doesn't work for lots of different reasons.

I don't know about that pump, I have the Medela freestyle which I really like because I can pump hands free (important to be able to check BnB while pumping :rofl:)

I don'y have an issue BF in public most people don't even notice, just looks like bubs is having a cuddle (until they get more active anyway). havent used that one, but have just broken my tommee tippee which I've "fixed" with playdoh, over tightened the collar and it cracked:cry:, tring to find a replacement part but struggling. So am also interested in pump recommendations.

We've just had our last lot of shots until 1 yr, three injections and Lyndon is definately not happy about it! one needle site is really badly bruised poor thing.

Jacob has come down with another bug as well have notuced a rash on his face but no high temp so just keeping an eye on it.

Trying to get back into swimming been once and it wasn't too bad but its been years since I did any serious swimming so feeling a bit achey.

Hope everyone is well

Tanikit hope you hear something soon on the job front.

Cathryn call tommie tippee as they will send it free. They did it with a when we melted the tube in steriliser!!

ooh thanks I've seny an email and had no response so will try that.xx

thanks for the info ladies! you are all so much help!:hugs:

codegirl-:rofl: thats so funny! i can just see them with their busy eyes, cant miss a thing right, lol! nathon wont nap at the store for some reason anymore, its probably the same thing. he will be so tired but will make himself exhausted not wanting to miss out on the action. my DH aunt was telling us she BF her last baby and he thought her boobs were his. she would be in the store when he was 1-2 and would grab at her boobs trying to get a drink. she said it was very embarrassing:haha:

cathryn i hope you get your pump fixed and poor baby lyndon and jacob feels better soon.:hugs:

Hope Lyndon's better soon Cathyrn and the pump gets fixed :thumbup:

:haha:Harry is pretty fixated with mine sometimes, he loves to have a good look at them (and anyone elses for that matter) that's ok 'till it's my Mum :sick: :haha:

hi ladies :hi:
for pump recommendation i would go with medela pump n style. it's expensive, about $285 but some insurance (if you are in US) will cover it as a medical device. i only paid $37 for mine after insurance picked up 85%. i love it and it works really well. i don't pump a lot, but have been doing a couple times a week to bottle train olivia so when i go to work in september she will know how to take bottles.

hope everyone and babies are well :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->